Jenkins tells Revis to be a leader

GREENBEAN

Around the League

Ex-Jets Jenkins to Darrelle Revis: Be a leader

• By Gregg Rosenthal NFL.com
  • Around The League editor
  • Published: April 26, 2012 at 12:11 p.m.
  • Updated: April 26, 2012 at 12:25 p.m.

Darrelle Revis is hinting about a holdout. Again. Just two years after Revis provided a lot of anxiety in New York (and ratings for Hard Knocks), Revis may push hard for a new contract.

(Pay no attention to the fact Revis is only two years into a four-year deal.)

This sort of story is tired for media and fans, but former Jets player Kris Jenkins says it means more than that. Revis has a role on this team that he didn't have as a young player.

"They need consistency right now," Jenkins said Wednesday night at a pre-draft party in Manhattan. "He has enough money. This time, I think he needs to get out there and make it more than about just getting the dollars. I know Revis is always going to do what's best for him and what's best for his business, his brand, but, in my opinion, at the end of the day, he has to realize he has to be a leader. He's that guy now."

Between Jenkins and Damien Woody, the only Jets that seem to speak honestly about the team these days are ex-Jets. The team seemed to miss their leadership last year and Jenkins raises a good point about Revis: With big dollars should come big responsibility.

Around the League

Darrelle Revis is hinting about a holdout. Again. Just two years after Revis provided a lot of anxiety in New York (and ratings for Hard Knocks), Revis may push hard for a new contract.

This sort of story is tired for media and fans, but former Jets player Kris Jenkins says it means more than that. Revis has a role on this team that he didn't have as a young player.

"They need consistency right now," Jenkins said Wednesday night at a pre-draft party in Manhattan. "He has enough money. This time, I think he needs to get out there and make it more than about just getting the dollars. I know Revis is always going to do what's best for him and what's best for his business, his brand, but, in my opinion, at the end of the day, he has to realize he has to be a leader. He's that guy now."

Between Jenkins and Damien Woody, the only Jets that seem to speak honestly about the team these days are ex-Jets. The team seemed to miss their leadership last year and Jenkins raises a good point about Revis: With big dollars should come big responsibility.

I absolutely supported Revis during his first holdout. This one is outrageous. he only completed half of his contract, I could understand if he was going into the final year, better yet I could HALFWAY understand it. But he got the contract that he was looking for after his rookie contract, now its time for him to complete that contract or atleast most of it before he starts this.

He's still the best CB hands down in the league, but its not like he's working on a crummy rookie deal. He's getting PAID right now.

If he even looks like he's considering seriously holding out trade him and take the hit. Period. I've never heard of a Franchise CB in my life. It wont start this year.

Has he not proven that already?

The NFL has proven that as well. Not saying that I agree with the potential holdout, but lets not pretend like the NFL dont drain you for all of your talent, franchise you then put you to the side when they feel like they got the best out of you.

Look at whats happening at the RB position. Before you know it players will be playing per diem.

Ma god you are crotchety. Jenkins speaks the truth. And dude was a leader while he was here. Not his fault he's too enormous for his own good.

You've talked me down. That, and the RJF gif. I like Jenkins. I loved him in green. I love that he says what's on his mind. And I love Revis. And you. That is all.

You've talked me down. That, and the RJF gif. I like Jenkins. I loved him in green. I love that he says what's on his mind. And I love Revis. And you. That is all.

I really had no underlying intentions behind that. I just like gifs of fat guys in golf carts. One of these days Crusher's going to post a vid of himself in an EZ-Go and I'll finally be able to die in peace.

I really had no underlying intentions behind that. I just like gifs of fat guys in golf carts. One of these days Crusher's going to post a vid of himself in an EZ-Go and I'll finally be able to die in peace.

Just the thought of what that vid would look like brings me great inner peace. Good call.

Around the League

I <3 Big Jenk.

Dec 11th I will post me on Jifs new trike with mag wheels. Forr reelz..

Archived