If Mike Tannenbaum can get away from his beans for a second to improve this team...

SenorGato

then he will hand Marcus McNeill a contract.

McNeill is a former PRO BOWL caliber LT for the Chargers who was INEXPLICABLY cut this offseason.

By inexplicably I mean the back problem he was drafted with has probably become a real thing for the 330 pound man. That said, it's only a back problem! We know Tannenbaum doesn't get that because he's never played a sport in his life, but McNeill is a tough NFL player who has played at a high level. We also know that the reason the offense sucked last year was because the right tackle position was not strong enough. RT is easier than LT. McNeill probably needs easier with his back. How come Tannenbaum's beans haven't put 2 and 2 together yet? Sickens me.

Also, Visanthe Shiancoe for #2 TE or is the whole Cumberland/Smith thing still happening?

Hmm I was serious about Shiancoe as an idea and came across this:

Where will free agent TE Visanthe Shiancoe land? NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora said the #Jets & Cowboys are the best bet. #nyj

May 23, 2012 7:27 pm

@Steiny31

Jake Steinberg

And this:

UPDATE: Jason La Canfora just tweeted this: “The Jets have been checking on shiancoe, and want 2 mobile TE sets. Shank is solid at LOS“

http://www.thejetsblog.com/2012/05/24/visanthe-shiancoe-to-jets/

then he will hand Marcus McNeill a contract.

McNeill is a former PRO BOWL caliber LT for the Chargers who was INEXPLICABLY cut this offseason.

By inexplicably I mean the back problem he was drafted with has probably become a real thing for the 330 pound man. That said, it's only a back problem! We know Tannenbaum doesn't get that because he's never played a sport in his life, but McNeill is a tough NFL player who has played at a high level. We also know that the reason the offense sucked last year was because the right tackle position was not strong enough. RT is easier than LT. McNeill probably needs easier with his back. How come Tannenbaum's beans haven't put 2 and 2 together yet? Sickens me.

Also, Visanthe Shiancoe for #2 TE or is the whole Cumberland/Smith thing still happening?

Wayne Hunter is going to be a stud this season in a power blocking scheme.

Shianco would be a nice addition.

Shiancoe would be nice. But no desire to give anything more than a 1-year incentive based deal to a guy with degenerative conditions who's finally starting to degenerate. He's been pretty bad in pass protection and steadily declining, and also the last time he actually was a Pro Bowler, Bush was in office.

Shiancoe would be nice. But no desire to give anything more than a 1-year incentive based deal to a guy with degenerative conditions who's finally starting to degenerate. He's been pretty bad in pass protection and steadily declining, and also the last time he actually was a Pro Bowler, Bush was in office.

This is the NFL, of course it's a one year incentive laden deal. Definitely a player on the way down, but probably more well rounded than they have now (which says alot about the TEs here).

sarcasm ?

I'm a sad, lonely person who doesn't want to kill anybody and face *those* consequences, so yes.

Does anybody know whats going on with Cumberland? There was talk about using him alot in the passing game last year then he tore his achillees. The guy is pretty big and fast.

He's still re-habbing. He did individual drills at the OTA's open to the media, but sat for team drills

This is the NFL, of course it's a one year incentive laden deal. Definitely a player on the way down, but probably more well rounded than they have now (which says alot about the TEs here).

McNeil, not Shiancoe. And he's not on the way down, he is down. I get that you like making a name for yourself off of brushing off legit concerns with no real backdrop for it, but 'It's only a back problem' is a really, really dumb diagnosis.

McNeil, not Shiancoe. And he's not on the way down, he is down. I get that you like making a name for yourself off of brushing off legit concerns with no real backdrop for it, but 'It's only a back problem' is a really, really dumb diagnosis.

G'damn right.

I was being sarcastic on McNeill because I'm bored and needed a football thing to rave about. We all saw what happened to Luke Petigout.

Heh,, heh,, heh, you said "BUSH"

Archived