INCEPTION MAFIA Game Thread

SMC

I couldn't care less if you guys lynch me.. In fact I love the late train..

Ape I think - hope is setting a trap.. if he can't follow what I'm saying then that's just too bad.

Vic, Lady Ape, JC, Leelou...

JC is smarter than all the late trainers combined so I'm baffled why he can't understand what I'm saying.

If Ape stays on my train then he becomes suspect # 1...

Let me be clear...

Vic, Lady Ape, JC and Ape (if he's on final vote)

Maybe its because you arent making any sense and have flip flopped like 5 times already?

Lets roast this fat pig.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He seems to have a firm grasp on the setup and how it shuffles roles if scum dies, yet he insinuates that Vic's claim is a convenient role to claim to coast to end game. An insinuation that contradicts how Pac has clearly interpreted the setup.

Everyone.. Ape is not this dumb..

I have made it clear multiple times that the question I posed to Vic about coasting to end game was a trap. As in - I knew the answer to the question but wanted to hear Vics answer!!

When I flip Robert F kill Ape...

My role PM says I'm Robert Fischer by the way... some of you might know bout' that.

I'm the best.

At present, she is sitting at the other end of the sofa playing Diablo 3. So, yeah.

And we are planning on going out and getting drunk once it hits afternoon.

when you girls get home drunk later, pm me

Ape I think - hope is setting a trap.. if he can't follow what I'm saying then that's just too bad.

JC is smarter than all the late trainers combined so I'm baffled why he can't understand what I'm saying.

Let me be clear...

Vic's train died awfully quick. I have read the crap you to crap dealers have been dealing and honestly want to bash both of your skulls in with a brokwn piece of bowling ball.

Vic is still the best bet for scum. His train clearing off and the quick traction on Pac is amusing and disturbng all at once. Sorta like watching my family eat dinner when Mrs Crusher isn;t home.

So.. Let's kill Vic and if he is scum take a look at the people that derailed his train. OK?

Maybe its because you arent making any sense and have flip flopped like 5 times already? Lets roast this fat pig.

Let me make this clear too..

I haven't flopped once.. not a single solitary time.

No one is asking any real questions which leads me to believe there are scum joining late.

Sorry.. not gonna get mad. I'll let my play speak for itself.

Let me be clear...

Well, that is rather OMGUS of you.

"Everyone that votes me is scum!!!"

Can you speak to any of the things I pointed out in the post where I voted you? Or are you just full of sh*t...

I'm not sure if we'll be in town or not. I do love brownies though... and its been like 10 years since I've done a jello shot. Hahaha... so if I come, what are the chances I can get you and Leelou to make out? sh*t wait... GETTING MARRIED GETTING MARRIED GETTING MARRIED!!!!

Better chance Lady Ape talks you and verbal into making out after a few jello shots and daiquiri's

Well, that is rather OMGUS of you.

"Everyone that votes me is scum!!!"

Can you speak to any of the things I pointed out in the post where I voted you? Or are you just full of sh*t...

Leaving work in 15 minutes so gotta wrap up... If I'm alive when I get home from the gym I'll have ample time to answer any legitimate questions posed.

and my suspicion of you has nothing to do with OMGUS and EVERYTHING to do with I don't belive that you aren't following everything I've said and done.

usually when you turn a blind eye to logic you're scum. period.

same with JC.

Let me make this clear too..

I haven't flopped once.. not a single solitary time.

No one is asking any real questions which leads me to believe there are scum joining late.

Sorry.. not gonna get mad. I'll let my play speak for itself.

Leaving work in 15 minutes so gotta wrap up... If I'm alive when I get home from the gym I'll have ample time to answer any legitimate questions posed.

and my suspicion of you has nothing to do with OMGUS and EVERYTHING to do with I don't belive that you aren't following everything I've said and done.

same with JC.

LMFAO!!! I love when I nail scum on day 1.

GSHE in the house!!!

oh and for the record the reason I FOS'd Lady Ape and not Leelou is because Lady Ape was the first of the 2 to vote me..

that leads me to believe she was the one to suggest lynching me while giggling on the couch and playing footsie with Leelou. Just some deductive reasoning on that one.

LMFAO!!! I love when I nail scum on day 1. GSHE in the house!!!

dude no worries.. get me lynched, blame it on me, at the end see how my play was brilliant, rinse, repeat.

I've seen this movie.

If Vic is a mirror, he'll stay a mirror PRESUMABLY until a scum member dies, which could be multiple night phases. Which means scum can avoid hitting the mirror since they know it is Vic.

The thing is, if scum dies, then the mirror role MIGHT end up being given to someone else. Which is where I begin to question Pac.

He seems to have a firm grasp on the setup and how it shuffles roles if scum dies, yet he insinuates that Vic's claim is a convenient role to claim to coast to end game. An insinuation that contradicts how Pac has clearly interpreted the setup.

I also question what he said to you too. "wut? If I was scum I would want Vic to live until a scummate was eliminated.. They wouldn't have to waste a shot at night on him knowing they'd kill themselves."

Why would scum want to leave the mirror alive at all? I would think scum or 3rd party would be the ones making the strong push to get Vic lynched despite his reveal. This removes the mirror threat entirely, and the risk of it being reshuffled into the game and become a threat to the night killers all over again.

The more I let this flurry of posts "marinate" the more I am picking up night killer motivations from Pac, tbh...

Vote Pac

After some rereading I see Vic claimed Mirror

I didn't see that before

Although I don't really see what that has to do with anything I was saying

I don't get why scum would want to leave a Mirror alive if they can just get him lynched

Everyone.. Ape is not this dumb..

I have made it clear multiple times that the question I posed to Vic about coasting to end game was a trap. As in - I knew the answer to the question but wanted to hear Vics answer!!

When I flip Robert F kill Ape...

Ape is most certainly that dumb... lmao... I wasn't tempted to vote you until you brought this rubbish to the thread

same with JC.

I fail at logic quite often, and its usually got nothing to do with my alignment. Actually I think most of my logic fails have come as town. Either way, I'm not turning a blind eye to anything.

Jetscode's play isn't lost on me... most recently he was quick to unvote Vic, had nothing to add, but waited for a vocal leader to re-direct and hopped right on after a non-Vic direction was established.

The bolded plus use of the word marinate.

Vote: Pac

That said, I still don't agree with what you said about scum wanting Vic left alive. Mirrors are a direct threat to scum, all night killers, and leaving Vic alive increases the chances of his role being reshuffled to someone else where it can negatively impact scum, take out a night killer/3rd party. So, in my mind, I would expect the people pushing to take out Vic after that claim, to have the most to lose by the mirror role staying IN the game. Which would be you, you are the only one pushing to kill Vic still. Of course there are his deaf mute voters like Tina and Smash that get a free pass until day 47 also... but God forbid anyone question the lurkers.

Anyway, not sure how this equates to me being scum, tbh. I actually think your logic in that statement to Nolder was flawed, not mine.

I also think you could easily be spinning the question you asked Vic as a trap, to cover up for you making a horrible assumption because you aren't town aligned. Not sure yet, though you indicting me with statements like "ape isn't dumb" and "when he turns a blind eye to logic, he's scum" is amusing for me.

Ape is most certainly that dumb... lmao... I wasn't tempted to vote you until you brought this rubbish to the thread

Okay, I'm dumb. Established.

Pac is pushing to focus onto the supposed "trap" post about Vic's mirror. I got that part of what he was doing, and you can see where I went from following his logic, to questioning it... it was when he said scum would want to keep a mirror alive that he lost me. I don't agree with that logic, have you caught up to that yet?

Vic going silent while Pac flaps in the wind, does have me curious though. Best way to win an argument in mafia is to shut up and let the other guy drown himself out. I'm on the wrong side of that all the time... lol

personally i hate it when the first guy you run up claims a role that was extremely valuable to town (but no longer is now that it's known) AND prevents him from being NK'd, thereby explaining his continued existence.. It's just way to convenient and if town, he should've claimed something that encouraged a scum shot in his direction.... the only other possibility is that he's a town valuable role without protection, and trying to protect himself with a gambit, but it doesn't smell like that either

unvote

vote VIC

Either he's full of it, or he's made his role useless... either way he gots to get got..

if he is a mirror, it seems clear that it will get shuffled anyway

ALso, lynching pac or ape early doesn't make sense tbh... Either one of those buffoons will put their paw in their mouth at some point.. neither one is taking the rock to the house like vic did last game... I'm much more interested in picking off the subtler players who can hide in plain site more easily...

I mean, how did the cop not investigate Vic last game? Was he a GF? I wasn't paying attention, but I remember not trusting vic and ultimately deciding if he was scum town would be investigating, tracking him..

oh and for the record the reason I FOS'd Lady Ape and not Leelou is because Lady Ape was the first of the 2 to vote me..

that leads me to believe she was the one to suggest lynching me while giggling on the couch and playing footsie with Leelou. Just some deductive reasoning on that one.

Crazy as this may be to believe, our friendship is based on more than just mafia.

personally i hate it when the first guy you run up claims a role that was extremely valuable to town (but no longer is now that it's known) AND prevents him from being NK'd, thereby explaining his continued existence.. It's just way to convenient and if town, he should've claimed something that encouraged a scum shot in his direction.... the only other possibility is that he's a town valuable role without protection, and trying to protect himself with a gambit, but it doesn't smell like that either

unvote

vote VIC

Either he's full of it, or he's made his role useless... either way he gots to get got..

I'd agree with this in a normal setup. I don't get this AT ALL though...

If we kill scum, then the mirror is back in play as a town-valuable role, in a capacity where it will work because scum no longer knows who the mirror is. That is why I've been saying the only people that it makes sense to really push for a mirror to be lynched right now, are those that don't want it reshuffled.

Plus, after the first shuffle... Vic is no longer the mirror, thus no "free ride to end game" like you and Pac have both stated. After a shuffle, any and all claims from the previous dream level become moot, I would think.

IF Vic retains the mirror role, which he has dodged my questions about, then I'd make the assumption he is something like a 3rd party, a single entity whose abilities are not-reshuffled amongst his alignment, or scum where perhaps their roles don't shuffle - which you could make the argument is loosely accounted for in that setup language.

ALso, lynching pac or ape early doesn't make sense tbh... Either one of those buffoons will put their paw in their mouth at some point.. neither one is taking the rock to the house like vic did last game... I'm much more interested in picking off the subtler players who can hide in plain site more easily...

I mean, how did the cop not investigate Vic last game? Was he a GF? I wasn't paying attention, but I remember not trusting vic and ultimately deciding if he was scum town would be investigating, tracking him..

Nolder was cop. He trusted Vic and had 4 straight investigations of non-town players, but he ended up ONLY using those viewings to take out JIF. The one person nobody needs a cop viewing to see when he is scum. LOL

If we kill scum, then the mirror is back in play as a town-valuable role, in a capacity where it will work because scum no longer knows who the mirror is. That is why I've been saying the only people that it makes sense to really push for a mirror to be lynched right now, are those that don't want it reshuffled.

Plus, after the first shuffle... Vic is no longer the mirror, thus no "free ride to end game" like you and Pac have both stated. After a shuffle, any and all claims from the previous dream level become moot, I would think.

IF Vic retains the mirror role, which he has dodged my questions about, then I'd make the assumption he is something like a 3rd party, a single entity whose abilities are not-reshuffled amongst his alignment, or scum where perhaps their roles don't shuffle - which you could make the argument is loosely accounted for in that setup language.

I never said vic would exist to end game, I said he will continue to exist (untill we lynch scum) at which point he can claim roleless or something... claim is to convenient imo

what is the point of leaving vic alive?

I follow Crusher and CTM's logic on Vic being the smarter of the two to lynch (sorry man), but I do have a few issues with Pac.

First off -- I see what he was TRYING to do. I don't think the effort itself has so much to do with his alignment, though.

If Pac were scum, it would be the opportune time to try and see if Vic would slip up in his word usage and get a power role killed. While we know power roles will return at the next level, first off the town would be without said power role until we killed scum. Secondly, SMC mentioned that when in limbo (one scum left) those power roles will NOT return. How I read that is we'll get any power roles back after each scum kill up until the next to last, and then when it should cycle through to other players they would instead disappear (if killed). It would give considerable more power to the likes of BPV's, mirrors, and of course the doc...while perhaps hurting an investigative role somewhat. While someone mentioned early that a guilty verdict should be told immediately, you obviously wouldn't want cops vetting innocent reads...and therefore run the risk of multiple players being investigated by different cops.

All that really means though, is that I think a mirror role has a place in this game. I do, however, see a town-Pac explanation for his actions. It seems like he got the impression Vic was trying to say he was a permanent mirror, and was somehow trying to get him to say he was a permanent mirror. It's pretty flawed logic, as Vic definitely isn't one to not understand the intro posts and if he did screw up his scum mates would have said so in the QT and he'd not go any further.

Vic, however, had a great deal of time to plan a reveal if he is scum...and probably could have surmised that a mirror reveal would make sense. To be fair.

Pac throwing FOS's everywhere seems more townie to me than scum though. His reveal also wasn't a very Pac-as-scum reveal, I feel like.

unvote

vote VIC

I agree with the bolded. I actually disagreed on the mirror being useless at first, but I follow you both now. Even if the mirror trumps a RB (which I can't remember off the top of my head, and it probably varies by mod) Vic would have to use the mirror on himself. I don't know...I'm actually confusing myself a bit with the mirror v. RB bit.

80 asked Vic a question earlier too, which he also didn't answer....though I don't think he's posted since.

Derp mostly

I trusted Vic and so set my sights elsewhere

I jumped the gun a bit when I found JiFscum and got blocked the rest of the game

Archived