INCEPTION MAFIA Game Thread

SMC

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never said vic would exist to end game, I said he will continue to exist (untill we lynch scum) at which point he can claim roleless or something... claim is to convenient imo

what is the point of leaving vic alive?

Keeping the mirror in the game. I'm assuming Vic can be dealt with de-coupled from the role, this way we aren't losing a pro-town role.

I agree with the bolded. I actually disagreed on the mirror being useless at first, but I follow you both now. Even if the mirror trumps a RB (which I can't remember off the top of my head, and it probably varies by mod) Vic would have to use the mirror on himself. I don't know...I'm actually confusing myself a bit with the mirror v. RB bit.

80 asked Vic a question earlier too, which he also didn't answer....though I don't think he's posted since.

Roleblock can only work on a mirror, if the roleblocker knows who the mirror is. That is my whole point...

If we lynch someone else, and get scum, then the mirror gets shuffled to someone else - and is effective against scum because if they do have a RB (as vic suggested) then they won't know who to roleblock to protect against hitting the mirror with their NK.

If we lynch town, then I'm assuming there are investigative roles. Perhaps they view Vic and clear him, then we can look at this whole situation again on D2 and hopefully lynch scum on our second attempt.

I don't see any point to the immediacy of lynch Vic D1, it only serves those that have NK's and want the mirror removed.

Derp mostly

I trusted Vic and so set my sights elsewhere

I jumped the gun a bit when I found JiFscum and got blocked the rest of the game

dude... in a setup like that , not investigating vic was insane... in a normal set up you ivnestigate the town leader, but in a game like that.. come on

Roleblock can only work on a mirror, if the roleblocker knows who the mirror is. That is my whole point...

If we lynch someone else, and get scum, then the mirror gets shuffled to someone else - and is effective against scum because if they do have a RB (as vic suggested) then they won't know who to roleblock to protect against hitting the mirror with their NK.

If we lynch town, then I'm assuming there are investigative roles. Perhaps they view Vic and clear him, then we can look at this whole situation again on D2 and hopefully lynch scum on our second attempt.

I don't see any point to the immediacy of lynch Vic D1, it only serves those that have NK's and want the mirror removed.

I agree most of all with this point. Just kinda talking through it all if we DO have a mirror it would be bad to lose it right now, I think.

However, we're opening the door for scum to always claim they received a power each night every time they get heat. The good news is that whoever has the role could actually claim, we lynch both, and keep the power until limbo. Just throwing that out there for future reference.

Keeping the mirror in the game. I'm assuming Vic can be dealt with de-coupled from the role, this way we aren't losing a pro-town role.

there's no guarantee it will stay in the game

it clearly says powers will return.. what's with the fear mongering

Powers return until endgame, essentially. So technically...you're both right.

If we lynch vic today, someone else will get mirror when scum dies, so unless SMC is removing any that were lynched and then revived, it shouldn't matter.. the small chance of that bit of gaming the mod being true is less then the chance vic as scum, claimed the perfect scum claim

You guys keep arguing about whether roles/alignments get shuffled or whether they get eliminated and all sorts of other things. It's a long shot I know but have any of you bothered to just ask SMC about it?

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT -- DAY 1

Pac (7) -- Nolder, WWWombat, Jack, JiF, Ape, Christine, Leelou

Vic (7) -- Tina, Pac, Smash, Crusher, CTM, Verbal, Hess

JF80 (1) -- Sharrow

Nolder (1) -- AVM

AVM (1) -- JF80

Jack (1) -- Vic

With 19 Robert Fischers, it takes 10 to lynch out of the dream level

Was at the gym/lunch.

My PM doesn't specify if or when I lose my role and what happens in that case. I do agree with CTM though, I'm useless at this point and I would expect to have some scum on my train due to the fact that scum would be hot to lynch me since I'm not an NK candidate.

Ape- I missed your question. Respond to this and I'll answer

there's no guarantee it will stay in the game

Whu?

it clearly says powers will return.. what's with the fear mongering

You just said there's no guarantee it stays in the game... lol

Anyway, I'm not fear mongering. I'm just advocating we do what we can to keep the mirror in the game. I don't care about Vic, tbh. Based on what you are saying, it sounds like we've interpreted the bold below differently. I've been operating under the assumption that when a dream level ends, whatever roles are alive are reshuffled, if a role gets eliminated it doesn't move on. I thought the bold was worded explicitly to account for 3rd party / scum roles that have limitations with the reshuffling that the town doesn't. I may have assumed wrong, but that is where I'm coming from.

Success brings rewards and dangers. With the elimination of each Inception Team member, you will be taken deeper into your subconscious. Identities and roles will change in each dream level. Where you have lost a defense in one level you will regain it in another. Yet with that, a danger eliminated above may return below.

If we lynch vic today, someone else will get mirror when scum dies, so unless SMC is removing any that were lynched and then revived, it shouldn't matter.. the small chance of that bit of gaming the mod being true is less then the chance vic as scum, claimed the perfect scum claim

We're not disagreeing at all. SMC mentioned in the opening post that powers that were lost don't come back in limbo, that's all I've been mentioning. It's not gaming the mod, it's just what he said. We WOULD get the mirror back, each time we killed scum....until we killed the next to last scum. In the grand scheme of things maybe it's not a big deal...but it's not like we get it back for good either.

Was at the gym/lunch. My PM doesn't specify if or when I lose my role and what happens in that case. I do agree with CTM though, I'm useless at this point and I would expect to have some scum on my train due to the fact that scum would be hot to lynch me since I'm not an NK candidate. Ape- I missed your question. Respond to this and I'll answer

My question was about whether you knew if you retained your mirror from one level to the next.

GRRRR.... I am the one that has been saying only scum would want you dead NOW because it removes the mirror and someone they can't NK.

My question was about whether you knew if you retained your mirror from one level to the next.

GRRRR.... I am the one that has been saying only scum would want you dead NOW because it removes the mirror and someone they can't NK.

Yea no idea. There's no clarification in my PM. If you lynch me just take a look at my train.

I will say this. You guys can talk about "Vic didn't fight hard enough". Look, when the town is hot to lynch someone they do and I really don't know what else to say. I chose not to say much because things are picked apart when certain people get their way. I'll just ask again, look at my train, look at how it went down, especially after my reveal.

unvote

Not saying I won't go back to vote him, but I'd like to hear more input from others before lynching Vic simply because of who he claims his character is. First instinct is he's got to be lying...but I'm not sure. I'm heading home, won't be back for some time.

Pac (7) -- Nolder, WWWombat, Jack, JiF, Christine, Leelou, Vic

Vic (8) -- Tina, Pac, Smash, Crusher, CTM, Verbal, Hess, Ape

JF80 (1) -- Sharrow

AVM (1) -- JF80

I don't think Pac is scum actually. I think he's just doing his thing. Where he'll bear down on someone and not let go until they're lynched. Then if they flip scum he claims brilliance or if he's wrong he blames it on the person that got lynched.

I said he was scum before mainly to see if I could get anyone to jump off my train before you start talking about that ape. Was hoping to see if I could find anyone jumpy.

You've been saying he's scum most of the game. Then he "traps" you and you vote him for self-preservation and call him town?

Also

Unvote

Vote Pac

Self preservation and I do think he's scum.

I correct myself... you vote him for self preservation and say you DO think he's scum, but now you say you don't. Oy.

Pac (7) -- Nolder, WWWombat, Jack, JiF, Christine, Leelou, Pac

Vic (8) -- Tina, Pac, Smash, Crusher, CTM, Verbal, Hess, Ape

JF80 (1) -- Sharrow

AVM (1) -- JF80

SMC you didn't count Vic's vote.

Archived