Definitely shouldve draftrd DeCastro

TnT

David DeCastro has torn MCL

* Adam Schefter [ARCHIVE

Pittsburgh Steelers

first-round pick David DeCastro

has a torn medial collateral ligament but the team is unsure whether he tore his anterior cruciate ligament, a high-level team source said Sunday morning. 

AFC North blog ESPN.com's Jamison Hensley writes about all things AFC North in his division*blog

.* -  Blog network: NFL Nation

DeCastro, a right guard, is scheduled to undergo an MRI at lunchtime to determine the severity of the injury. 

If it's just a torn MCL, he would be expected to miss about half of the 2012 season. If it's a torn MCL and ACL he likely would miss the entire season. 

The Steelers are hopeful that because doctors did not detect a torn ACL on Saturday night, the MRI will reveal the same -- but they anxiously are awaiting the results. 

DeCastro was hurt while pass blocking as Pittsburgh faced third-and-8 at its 6-yard line on its second possession in Saturday night's preseason game against the Buffalo Bills

. DeCastro's right leg twisted beneath him after being bowled over by defensive tackleMarcell Dareus

DeCastro, the 24th overall selection out of Stanford who started Saturday's game overRamon Foster

, lay in the end zone for a few minutes as trainers worked on his leg. He briefly got up on his own, but was unable to put any weight on his right leg. He took a few hops before trainers stopped him and called for a cart. 

yeah, you can never predict an injury, but this is one of the few drafts that i think we did ok in. quoples is a top ten talent maybe even top 5. he fell because he had a me mentality his last year. but if you look why, you can understand. we had and still have a lot of holes to fill. we weren't going to do it alone in the draft. idk why we didn't get winston justice to help out at the o line, resigning hunter had to be a pride thing, i mean why else would they. The fans can't be that much smarter then the jets front office, can we? And there we plenty of rb we had to choose from. i think the draft we did well enough, it was free agency were the jets fo dropped the ball so to speak.

This is so logical. Be happy that your team didn't draft player X because he got injured in a game.

Do you consider Coples also a bad pick if he suffers a similar injury in tonight's game?

Its sarcasm...come down off your pedestal.

Its sarcasm...come down off your pedestal.

You would think the Bills were a legit franchise by reading this guys posts. lol. Its amazing what happens when they get a former number one pick who plays pretty average to sign there.

yeah, you can never predict an injury, but this is one of the few drafts that i think we did ok in. quoples is a top ten talent maybe even top 5. he fell because he had a me mentality his last year. but if you look why, you can understand. we had and still have a lot of holes to fill. we weren't going to do it alone in the draft. idk why we didn't get winston justice to help out at the o line, resigning hunter had to be a pride thing, i mean why else would they. The fans can't be that much smarter then the jets front office, can we? And there we plenty of rb we had to choose from. i think the draft we did well enough, it was free agency were the jets fo dropped the ball so to speak.

I wasnt 100% on board with the Coples pick...I thought we had more pressing issues to address. But you cant deny that if he IS a legitimate pass rush threat, he can change the dynamics of this defense so drastically (creating matchup advantages for Wilkerson, Maybin, Ellis, Pace, Davis, Safeties, etc.)...really rooting that he becomes a consistent 10 + sack guy.

I wasnt 100% on board with the Coples pick...I thought we had more pressing issues to address. But you cant deny that if he IS a legitimate pass rush threat, he can change the dynamics of this defense so drastically (creating matchup advantages for Wilkerson, Maybin, Ellis, Pace, Davis, Safeties, etc.)...really rooting that he becomes a consistent 10 + sack guy.

you cant deny ? What do we have to go on that we cant deny ? I hope hes going to be a monster but we wont know until probably late this season or next.

DeCastro has a torn MCL, so he'll miss at least the first half of the season.

The Jets weakness was at RT, not guard. If you are moving rookie guards to tackle, you have deeper issues than at OL.

Coples has impressed so far, and is easily better than Patriots pick Chandler Jones.....

BD

you cant deny ? What do we have to go on that we cant deny ? I hope hes going to be a monster but we wont know until probably late this season or next.

"you cant deny that if he IS a legitimate pass rush threat"

I did not jump the gun Bud.

Kinda, but we did get two starting safeties in free agency so that was good

If you think there wouldn't have been a "Why the **** did Mike T draft DeCastro?" thread after the injury then you haven't been here long enough.

If we drafted Ed Reed he would gotten into a bad car accident, never to play again.

Luckily - and thankfully - we drafted Bryan Thomas instead.

You would think the Bills were a legit franchise by reading this guys posts. lol. Its amazing what happens when they get a former number one pick who plays pretty average to sign there.

They will be way more legit in Toronto. Lucky for the Jills, they only have the Argos for comparison and get that extra down.

If you think there wouldn't have been a "Why the **** did Mike T draft DeCastro?" thread after the injury then you haven't been here long enough.

I would agree with this if the guy had a history of injury . But if we signed DeCastro and he got hurt I would consider those bashing Tanny for the pick to be idiots.

We had so many holes to fill (some deeper then others) I think we could have picked any position other then center, cb, and lt and been ok with it. and yes I'm done with the sanchez experiment. actually i'll give him this year with out schotty and then if he doesn't come through we need to start over. again.

This is so logical. Be happy that your team didn't draft player X because he got injured in a game.

I never saw the logic in pretending a player's injuries wouldn't happen if he was on a different team. It's a what if game either way. No we don't know for sure this would have happened as a NYJ but all accounts had him struggling with the physicality of the game.

not to mention that drafting a natural RG makes no sense when RG Brandon Moore made his first pro bowl in 2011.

Colts owner tweets about trade. Writers "hear" it's for a CB. Tom Shane posits concept of a Revis or Cro trade. Colts trade high pick for a CB.

Not sure how this series of events counts as me being negative.

Not negative, imaginative.

Archived