This team is SOFT.

Integrity28

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OP, you are spot on. I hope people can objectively see exactly what you are saying and what I have said, but I highly doubt it. You can also add the game we played against the Ravens to that "being a tough team list" Its a joke. And I am tired of the talk. Just coach, have a good game strategy, have a backup plan and place your players in the best possible position to win. I don't believe that happened last year and I see signs yet again of us regressing, so I hope the game against Pitt was a blip. But too many times I have seen the same exact same freaking story from this organization, and its getting old.

At the end of the day, nobody wants to admit it but here's the truth about this teams's tendencies...

When the QB gets hit a few times, he turns into a high school girl.

When the WRs get bumped at the line, they can't get open, can't get into position and apparently can't make catches.

When we need to establish the run, we usually cannot.

When the defense needs to make a stop at the end of a game, to preserve a win. They don't.

When the defense needs to get the ball back into the hands of our offense, they cannot stop the run or get off the field on 3rd down, and they damn sure can't get a sack to kill the play and improve their field position.

To me these are signs of a soft team. Not stepping up in the moments that matter most. Game after game. Whoop-dee-****ing-doo that we ran up the score on the Bills. They are awful. We got completely pulled apart at the seams by a real team. Not ONE aspect of this team was able to function at a high-level.

We had one TD drive, and we stopped the run in the first 3 quarters - but not when it mattered most at the end.

Listen, I know this team does a lot of things well, BUT these key things above are very routine issues this team has. Sometimes we win in spite of them, and EVERY time we lose these are the variables that contribute to the loss. It has become so familiar it is as though it is scripted.

I don't need the chuckleheads here to agree with me to know these are valid observations. I'm usually ahead of the curve around these dolts anyway.

How about Jets were outplayed and outcoached by the Steelers

Yup.

We spend a lot of time on this board trying to reason our way out of the word "better".

The Steelers are currently better than the Jets.

Before the game, I thought that might not be true. I was wrong.

The better team won. On to Miami.

They are too ****ing soft. No backbone, no true fight in them... nothing about the way this team plays backs up Rex's talk. Offense gets hit, they go into a shell and become completely inoperable. Defense gets hit, they recoil and get run over.

THAT is the real problem with this team. They don't deliver on Rex's promise of toughness. We can all debate execution, blame, etc. all week, but there is ONE common thread between all the failures of this team... they get hit in the mouth, and they fall apart immediately.

Why did we beat Buffalo? Because they never stood toe-to-toe with us and hit us. Easy enough, but when we encounter a truly tough team we fold like a house of cards. On both sides of the ball.

Every mouthy punk I've ever known gets knocked on their ass when a true tough-guy shows up to the fight. That is what happened Sunday, it is what happened last time we faced Pittsburgh in the playoffs too. They put us in our place.

Truly tough guys NEVER talk about how tough they are. If you have to convince people you are tough, then you aren't. Words veil insecurity.

They're not soft, they're just not as tough as the steelers or the ravens. You wanna know a soft team? The Chargers, The Texans. These are soft ass teams.

The Steelers/Ravens are like the elite of toughness. The Jets are right below that. Besides, you cant be soft and you have Landry as your safety. Im simply not accepting that!

They're not soft, they're just not as tough as the steelers or the ravens. You wanna know a soft team? The Chargers, The Texans. These are soft ass teams.

The Steelers/Ravens are like the elite of toughness. The Jets are right below that. Besides, you cant be soft and you have Landry as your safety. Im simply not accepting that!

LOL, the Texans are the AFC version of the 49ers. Nothing soft about them. They always win at the line of scrimmage, pound the ball and play great defense. That team has no problem coming up with clutch drive-killing sacks to seal out wins, or putting together a 10 minute drive to hold on to a win, when they need it.

Chargers I agree with. We are on par with them. Nobody ever said there can only be one soft team in the league, we are amongst company. To me there are hard, tough teams like the Steelers, 49ers, Texans that show up every week and exert their will on opponents, sometimes they lose, but then never completely come unravelled.

There are soft teams like us and the Chargers, Patriots and Jets where we can come in and dominate occasionally, but then if someone punches us in the mouth, we curl up in a ball and cannot function in any phase of the game which is what we saw Sunday.

Finally there are the inept teams that cannot do anything right, like the Raiders and Titans.

Being soft doesn't mean we can't win. It just means we can be completely neutralized by the teams that are built the way Rex has sold us on this Jets team. This thread is about the team not being what Rex says it is. I still think we win 8 games. I also think the team emulates the character of a few key individuals, those being Sanchez, Holmes, Rex, Bart, Revis, Cro, Brick and Mangold.

Amongst those guys, I'm guessing Mangold is the only true old-school tough guy.

Rex and Bart are all mouth.

Sanchez is a pussy. No matter how much guts he displays by staying on the field, his demeanor and theatrics when he gets touched or struggles undermines any credibility he tries to build around being a tough leader.

Holmes, Cro and Revis are selfish.

So, as you can see the identity of the team is largely informed by guys that are either selfish, mellowdramatic and/or mouthy punks. Which goes back to my opening post, mouthy punks are easily put in their place. Which we see happen to the Jets over-and-over under Rex.

Going forward I HOPE that Landry and Tebow both start to shift the team's identity towards a true grit. Like I said, it only takes the true nature of a couple leaders to shift an entire team's character. Those two guys are a step in the right direction, but Landry has to play smarter and Tebow has to be on the field.

LOL, the Texans are the AFC version of the 49ers. Nothing soft about them. They always win at the line of scrimmage, pound the ball and play great defense. That team has no problem coming up with clutch drive-killing sacks to seal out wins, or putting together a 10 minute drive to hold on to a win, when they need it.

Chargers I agree with. We are on par with them. Nobody ever said there can only be one soft team in the league, we are amongst company. To me there are hard, tough teams like the Steelers, 49ers, Texans that show up every week and exert their will on opponents, sometimes they lose, but then never completely come unravelled.

There are soft teams like us and the Chargers, Patriots and Jets where we can come in and dominate occasionally, but then if someone punches us in the mouth, we curl up in a ball and cannot function in any phase of the game which is what we saw Sunday.

Finally there are the inept teams that cannot do anything right, like the Raiders and Titans.

Being soft doesn't mean we can't win. It just means we can be completely neutralized by the teams that are built the way Rex has sold us on this Jets team. This thread is about the team not being what Rex says it is. I still think we win 8 games. I also think the team emulates the character of a few key individuals, those being Sanchez, Holmes, Rex, Bart, Revis, Cro, Brick and Mangold.

Sanchez is a pussy. No matter how much guts he displays by staying on the field, his demeanor and theatrics when he gets touched or struggles undermines any credibility he tries to build around being a tough leader.

So, as you can see the identity of the team is largely informed by guys that are either selfish, mellowdramatic and/or mouthy punks. Which goes back to my opening post, mouthy punks are easily put in their place. Which we see happen to the Jets over-and-over under Rex.

Going forward I HOPE that Landry and Tebow both start to shift the team's identity towards a true grit. Like I said, it only takes the true nature of a couple leaders to shift an entire team's character. Those two guys are a step in the right direction, but Landry has to play smarter and Tebow has to be on the field.

Agreed with the perspective on the Texans...need to prove it in the playoffs yet...but they have completely re-tooled their team and look ready to make the jump into elite status...Foster/Tate great one-two punch...makes up for an inexperienced right side of their OL...on defense they are young and hungry...Watt, Barwin, Cushing, and Reed...last year they made a great free agent signing in Johnathan Joseph...really solidified their back end...the other reason to like the Texans long term...coaching...Kubiak has an excellent offensive mind...the problem was he couldn't find a way to solve the defense...well hiring Wade was brilliant...several reasons...but I'll start with this...Wade will never get another head coaching gig...he knows it and the rest of the league knows this...two...he has roots in Houston since his Dad coached there...he never leaves...he'll be like Dick LeBeau in Pittsburgh...he'll finish his coaching career right where he is...barring injury the Texans look like the team to beat in the AFC and it could be the start of a long run.

When did you become an expert on soft?

Yup.

We spend a lot of time on this board trying to reason our way out of the word "better".

The Steelers are currently better than the Jets.

Before the game, I thought that might not be true. I was wrong.

The better team won. On to Miami.

EXACTLY!!!!

At the end of the day, nobody wants to admit it but here's the truth about this teams's tendencies...

When the QB gets hit a few times, he turns into a high school girl.

When the WRs get bumped at the line, they can't get open, can't get into position and apparently can't make catches.

When we need to establish the run, we usually cannot.

When the defense needs to make a stop at the end of a game, to preserve a win. They don't.

When the defense needs to get the ball back into the hands of our offense, they cannot stop the run or get off the field on 3rd down, and they damn sure can't get a sack to kill the play and improve their field position.

To me these are signs of a soft team. Not stepping up in the moments that matter most. Game after game. Whoop-dee-****ing-doo that we ran up the score on the Bills. They are awful. We got completely pulled apart at the seams by a real team. Not ONE aspect of this team was able to function at a high-level.

We had one TD drive, and we stopped the run in the first 3 quarters - but not when it mattered most at the end.

Listen, I know this team does a lot of things well, BUT these key things above are very routine issues this team has. Sometimes we win in spite of them, and EVERY time we lose these are the variables that contribute to the loss. It has become so familiar it is as though it is scripted.

I don't need the chuckleheads here to agree with me to know these are valid observations. I'm usually ahead of the curve around these dolts anyway.

No lumps to be taken. I believe this team is soft in character and in it's make-up 100%. Mostly I believe Rex is soft. I don't buy his act one bit, never really did. I tolerate him, because as you've pointed out he's been mostly successful. That said, I don't have a lot of confidence in him when it comes to big games. Did I put on a show in this thread trying to rile everyone up while making my point - sure I did - but it doesn't make me wrong about the underlying point. This team's got no sack.

None.

If the specifics of the wins and losses I can recall from memory aren't good enough for you, my apologies. I did say "that I can recall" when bringing them up. If you think I actually fact-check sh*t to carry on about here you are as ridiculous as most of your posts come across.

What the **** are you talking about? This team does a lot of things well? But they are soft things? You "tolerate" Rex because he's been successful?

Good and successful > Hard

Are the Niners soft? Cause in 2009 and 2010 this team was pretty much like the Niners are now. They have made adjustments to try to win in a passing league, which is what all you bitches have been whining about, and now I hear they are soft. Get the **** out.

In terms of this soft label....I think we'll learn about this team and this season on SUnday. If the Jets lay an egg, the wheels will most likely come off with the upcoming schedule. If they take care of business...we'll know Rex has control and the team is focused on winning games.

What the **** are you talking about? This team does a lot of things well? But they are soft things? You "tolerate" Rex because he's been successful?

Good and successful > Hard

Are the Niners soft? Cause in 2009 and 2010 this team was pretty much like the Niners are now. They have made adjustments to try to win in a passing league, which is what all you bitches have been whining about, and now I hear they are soft. Get the **** out.

This conversation is over your head. Clearly.

+1

...... our quarterback you know the guy who is suppose to be the leader among men is extra soft. Not one single player on our defense is soft if you wanna see soft look at the patriots

Yes that's why they have won many games and a few SB's in the last few years. And by the way they kicked our asses last year.

Archived