Sanchez sucks.

Sperm Edwards

To be fair, there were some (to whatever extent they could be in that game) important throws in this game and he made them. They may have hidden him, but it wasn't out of necessity. There was no reason to expose him. He had 7 incompletions? I know one was a screen to Powell that he purposely put on the ground because it was sniffed out. One was to Kerley where he threw it early (the opposite of what he usually does) and Kerley wasn't in his break yet. Looked like Sanchez had the ball on target and they weren't on the same page. Not sure of the others, but there weren't that many he left on the field compared to normal.

Yes. Yet they win. How do they do that with such are poor RB, washed up D, no good drafts in the last 5 years and no depth? Is it all downfield blocking?

No one is saying Sanchez is incapable of making throws. He can and he does. The point is that in his 4th year, he's never shown that he can consistently make them. We didn't need him this game. That's true. My response was answering the idea that this game showed anything positive about Sanchez... We didn't learn anything new about him, or see any kind of improvement. We saw him make one or two throws when he was asked to do almost nothing. We got a win largely because they could not stop the run. Good for the Jets yesterday. Not sure that means much for the future.

They win no more than they lose in recent history. This is not currently a winning franchise. Last year it was 8-8, this year it's 3-3. Trending pretty average. Prior years are ancient history and the defense was MUCH better then.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He made some good throws in the game and some in the clutch.

Hey i have not been a big fan of his play this season but one has to give credit where its due. And yesterday was a good performance.

Yesterday was essentially nothing. As I said above, we learned nothing new. Improvement maybe in that he didn't get in the way. But that's it. 11 completions. 82 yards. Good enough to beat the Colts. But good enough to beat the Colts isn't really what we as a fanbase should be looking for as our model.

Thanks for adding to the conversation!

He has sucked this season. True. But yesterday he made some clutch plays.

82 yards worth. SUPER BOWL BOUND.

Yeah, if it was not for that one play the Jets would have lost....

It certainly helped break the game open. The fact that we even needed to use that play to do so speaks volumes.

No one is saying Sanchez is incapable of making throws. He can and he does. The point is that in his 4th year, he's never shown that he can consistently make them. We didn't need him this game. That's true. My response was answering the idea that this game showed anything positive about Sanchez... We didn't learn anything new about him, or see any kind of improvement. We saw him make one or two throws when he was asked to do almost nothing. We got a win largely because they could not stop the run. Good for the Jets yesterday. Not sure that means much for the future.

They win no more than they lose in recent history. This is not currently a winning franchise. Last year it was 8-8, this year it's 3-3. Trending pretty average. Prior years are ancient history and the defense was MUCH better then.

I don't think we learned anything, but yesterday was "good Sanchez". It wasn't Kellen Clemens in 2009 against the Bucs. More importantly, IMO it was a very consitent performance. Sure we were steamrolling patsies, but I didn't see ANYTHING negative to take away from this game other than that we don't do any of it more often.

82 yards worth. SUPER BOWL BOUND.

It certainly helped break the game open. The fact that we even needed to use that play to do so speaks volumes.

You are a funny kid, hopefully one day you learn something about football. Im not asking for a lot, just something.

You've pretty much claimed everyone who rips Sanchez knows nothing about football.

Another one who can not comprehend what they read.

What i have said time and time again, is that the offense as a unit is terrible.

Up until this week, zero running game, zero receivers, and questionable playcalling.

All I have ever said is that he is one of many problems, not the only problem.

I thought after 2010 he showed enough promise, but they screwed up the personnel something fierce last year and this year, and he and the entire offense has been dog crap.

You really need to work on your reading comprehension, it's pretty bad.

Yesterday was essentially nothing. As I said above, we learned nothing new. Improvement maybe in that he didn't get in the way. But that's it. 11 completions. 82 yards. Good enough to beat the Colts. But good enough to beat the Colts isn't really what we as a fanbase should be looking for as our model.

Not true. I haz time machine. Set to Jan 24, 2010. Can't wait!

I don't think we learned anything, but yesterday was "good Sanchez". It wasn't Kellen Clemens in 2009 against the Bucs. More importantly, IMO it was a very consitent performance. Sure we were steamrolling patsies, but I didn't see ANYTHING negative to take away from this game other than that we don't do any of it more often.

Therein lies the problem. Good Sanchez = Hidden Sanchez.

Nothing negative from this game at all, that's true.

Sanchez isn't very accurate when he does have time. That's the actual problem.

Yesterday proves that if you play the worst run defense in the league, and ask Sanchez to do almost nothing, we can be successful.

Would be great if we could win that way each week. History shows we can't.

It'll be a nice gage. That's for sure. Great run D, horrible pass D, and a coach who's shown in the past that he'll gameplan to make Sanchez beat him if he's going to lose. A lot on the line too with 3-0 in the division at stake. Week 7-8ish is where you usually get a good sense of truly how efficient offenses and defenses are, so from an analytic standpoint, this is a great time as a fan for a game like this for Sanchez. IMO it sets the expectations for the rest of the season, which is good because I still don't know what to totally make of things just yet.

What i have said time and time again, is that the offense as a unit is terrible.

Up until this week, zero running game, zero receivers, and questionable playcalling.

I thought after 2010 he showed enough promise, but they screwed up the personnel something fierce last year and this year, and he and the entire offense has been dog crap.

BAHAHAHA there you go again accusing people who think sanchez is bad of not being able to read.

running out of things to say are we?

It's a Quarterback league. If your QB is "one of many problems" (no one is saying there are no other problems) you need a new QB who is part of the solution.

Therein lies the problem. Good Sanchez = Hidden Sanchez.

How did they "hide" Sanchez week 1 when they couldn't run for anything?

While I agree that yesterday's game could fall into the "hide" category, but I hope you're not claiming that all of Sanchez' good games are "hide" games.

No, you need to work on your reading comprehension and understanding of non-mutually exclusive concepts.

No one who rips Sanchez has been positive about the rest of the Jets, or has said he is the only problem. The argument is that Sanchez is the biggest problem, in large part because he plays the most important position on the field. His poor decision making, or the fact that he stares down WRs is not a product of anyone but himself. Nor his propensity to hold onto the ball too long. Further, when Sanchez is given time to throw the ball, and has WR's still open, he's still not consistently getting them the ball. Lastly (for the sake of this post at least), the point that most "Sanchez haters" make is that while the talent is bad, other QBs have had more success with similar talent and it's not unreasonable to think Sanchez should be doing better at this point.

You pretty much sit back and post "you no nothing about football" on repeat as opposed to demonstrating anything that Sanchez does well. Maybe that's because he doesn't do much well? Saying everyone else sucks doesn't make Sanchez suck any less.

How did they "hide" Sanchez week 1 when they couldn't run for anything?

While I agree that yesterday's game could fall into the "hide" category, but I hope you're not claiming that all of Sanchez' good games are "hide" games.

I am not. I was reacting more to Dom's post with him calling last week "good Sanchez".

Sanchez has had good games in the past where he's had to pass. They are just far, far to infrequent.

I am not. I was reacting more to Dom's post with him calling last week "good Sanchez".

Sanchez has had good games in the past where he's had to pass. They are just far, far to infrequent.

This I agree with.

It's also a reason why Rutgers hates Sanchez so much. He teases with occassional brilliance and for all those other times he's not, it makes it more the so maddening.

other QBs have had more success with similar talent and it's not unreasonable to think Sanchez should be doing better at this point.

Not sure how you can make this statement. Nor am I sure how you can claim most of the things you say about Sanchez are fact.

When you get a hold of a NYJ playbook and Purchase All 22 Access I will gladly listen to your assesment. Right now all we have to go on is our skill players are one of the worst groups in the NFL and our QB is playing bad because no one else on the field ever makes a play. Yesterday I actully saw 2 players break tackles and make plays for the offense and they were the 2 least probable guys to do it. Shonn Greene and Joe McKnight. other teams skill players make plays ours do not. Sanchez never gets the easy completion or the dump off that goes the distance or the WR who breaks a tackle and takes it to the house. Hes got a bad compeltion percentage ther is no denying that but he has the least support in the league. Just like you claim Sanchez does certain things based on a few observations you cant make the claim its consistently bad because other players are involved in the equasion. So because you are allowed to make those statements can I say our receivers who have all but 100 catches in the NFL run bad routes, are horrible at catching the football, run Lazy routes and we have no one who is really good at receiving out of the backfield ? As I keep saying get this kid some real players on offense and then make a decision on weather he can play or not. If he cant the decision to dump him is easy and at least we will have good players in place for a new young QB so we dont make the same mistake we have made for the past 12 years of doing nothing at the skill positions on offense.

This I agree with.

It's also a reason why Rutgers hates Sanchez so much. He teases with occassional brilliance and for all those other times he's not, it makes it more the so maddening.

Yeah, but back when we had Pennington all anybody ever said was "Why can't we just get a few great games out of our QB instead of this constant mediocrity?" Well, not everybody. eCurb and BZ loved him unconditionally.

This I agree with.

Part of being a starting QB in the NFL is consistency. There a ton of guys in the Area league who can show "occasional brilliance."

It'll be a nice gage. That's for sure. Great run D, horrible pass D, and a coach who's shown in the past that he'll gameplan to make Sanchez beat him if he's going to lose. A lot on the line too with 3-0 in the division at stake. Week 7-8ish is where you usually get a good sense of truly how efficient offenses and defenses are, so from an analytic standpoint, this is a great time as a fan for a game like this for Sanchez. IMO it sets the expectations for the rest of the season, which is good because I still don't know what to totally make of things just yet.

To pour out some of my 40 ounce for Aten, I'll argue minutiae here: Pats don't have a "great" run D. Their pass D is so horrid that teams abandon the run to attack them through the air.

Unfortunately, that means the best way to beat the Pats is via Sanchez, which is a dicey proposition to say the least.

Not sure how you can make this statement. Nor am I sure how you can claim most of the things you say about Sanchez are fact.

When you get a hold of a NYJ playbook and Purchase All 22 Access I will gladly listen to your assesment. Right now all we have to go on is our skill players are one of the worst groups in the NFL and our QB is playing bad because no one else on the field ever makes a play. Yesterday I actully saw 2 players break tackles and make plays for the offense and they were the 2 least probable guys to do it. Shonn Greene and Joe McKnight. other teams skill players make plays ours do not. Sanchez never gets the easy completion or the dump off that goes the distance or the WR who breaks a tackle and takes it to the house. Hes got a bad compeltion percentage ther is no denying that but he has the least support in the league. Just like you claim Sanchez does certain things based on a few observations you cant make the claim its consistently bad because other players are involved in the equasion. So because you are allowed to make those statements can I say our receivers who have all but 100 catches in the NFL run bad routes, are horrible at catching the football, run Lazy routes and we have no one who is really good at receiving out of the backfield ? As I keep saying get this kid some real players on offense and then make a decision on weather he can play or not. If he cant the decision to dump him is easy and at least we will have good players in place for a new young QB so we dont make the same mistake we have made for the past 12 years of doing nothing at the skill positions on offense.

Doesn't the fact that Kerley can return punts for touchdowns and McKnight can return kickoffs for touchdowns, but neither can take a Sanchez dump off the distance mean anything to you?

Every objective measure backs up my point. None back up yours. So, if you want to do away with all conjecture and opinions, you still lose, in fact, you lose worse.

Sanchez sucks. There's not an argument to be made in the contrary.

Archived