***** Official NY Jets vs Arizona Cardinals Game Thread *****

JoeC36

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously. Sanchez has earned his benching, but receivers actually catching McElroy's crappy passes when they dropped them from Sanchez, and the line run-blocking better than the entire season seems wierd.

Well the receivers catching better can at least be partially attributed to not having nearly every pass being thrown behind them.

The fans being thrilled that Sanchez is benched is the reason why the Jets had a horrendously awful starting QB to begin with?

Interesting theory you've got there.

No, but it can lead to a situation like what happened to the Cardinals and Eagles, Sanchez needed to be benched but the fans love for Mcelroy is ridiculous. Sorry, but I do not want to be straddled with a qb who sucks just cause the fans are pissed about the original starting qb.

No, but it can lead to a situation like what happened to the Cardinals and Eagles, Sanchez needed to be benched but the fans love for Mcelroy is ridiculous. Sorry, but I do not want to be straddled with a qb who sucks just cause the fans are pissed about the original starting qb.

Give it awhile. We will hate him too.

You all know Sanchez starts next week. It will happen. McElroy will stay active though.

Agree. Rex will start Sanchez at least until they are mathematically eliminated from the post season although I would like to see McElroy for 4 weeks.

The Cards QB is the only reason we won today. SNY crew is as usual a joke.

Seriously. Sanchez has earned his benching, but receivers actually catching McElroy's crappy passes when they dropped them from Sanchez, and the line run-blocking better than the entire season seems wierd.

Conspiracy.

Or, you imagining sh*t.

Gotta be the conspiracy, yeah, no doubt.

Agree. Rex will start Sanchez at least until they are mathematically eliminated from the post season although I would like to see McElroy for 4 weeks.

The Cards QB is the only reason we won today. SNY crew is as usual a joke.

well actually wrong. If mcelroy started whole game we probably would have won by a lot more

sanchez had 3 turnovers for christs sake

Wait ... Didn't you want Tim Tebow in the line up ?

I think today made it obvious Rex and Sparano wanted NOTHING to do with Tim Tebow as the starting QB. Sanchez had similar bad games this year with Tebow as back up and Rex never flinched. As soon as Tebow is deactivated Rex makes the QB change. Seems pretty obvious to me they both know Tebow is a terrible QB. And from what we have seen this year Sanchez is not far behind.

Also after what I saw today their should be no doubt Mark continues to ride the bench and McElroy starts next week.

I think today made it obvious Rex and Sparano wanted NOTHING to do with Tim Tebow as the starting QB. Sanchez had similar bad games this year with Tebow as back up and Rex never flinched. As soon as Tebow is deactivated Rex makes the QB change. Seems pretty obvious to me they both know Tebow is a terrible QB. And from what we have seen this year Sanchez is not far behind.

Also after what I saw today their should be no doubt Mark continues to ride the bench and McElroy starts next week.

Just playing devil's advocate here. What exactly has changed for you to feel this way when in the past you felt like Sanchez was not given a proper chance by being given a better supporting cast.

Wait ... Didn't you want Tim Tebow in the line up ?

I wanted Tebow in the lineup but after watching this game, we seriously need to rebuild. Mcelroy is god awful, he runs slower than Sanchez, has a slower release then Tebow, and has a weaker arm then Chad Pennington. This team is horrendous and the next two years are going to suck ass. My hope for this team, basically went down the toilet with watching how the backup qb was playing.

We should've just kept Sanchez in the lineup and taken the loss. Would've gotten a better draft pick and would've helped more with rebuilding.

I wanted Tebow in the lineup but after watching this game, we seriously need to rebuild. Mcelroy is god awful, he runs slower than Sanchez, has a slower release then Tebow, and has a weaker arm then Chad Pennington. This team is horrendous and the next two years are going to suck ass. My hope for this team, basically went down the toilet with watching how the backup qb was playing.

We should've just kept Sanchez in the lineup and taken the loss. Would've gotten a better draft pick and would've helped more with rebuilding.

You mean the rebuild around Tebow right?

Just playing devil's advocate here. What exactly has changed for you to feel this way when in the past you felt like Sanchez was not given a proper chance by being given a better supporting cast.

JVOR I still stand by the "bad supporting cast" arguement Ive been making for a few years now, but at some point a change needs to be made based on circumstances on the field no matter what you, me, or anyone else thinks.

After the 4th and 5th game of the season a change seemed immenent and my arguement was please dont let it be Tebow who comes in, let it be McElroy so we can at the very least see how he handles the position and of course I got bashed for my prior support of Ratliff who we never got to see play at all and he was 6 -5 with a strong arm and seemed to display a good pocket presence under pressure. Either way this team better make some serious changes on offense in the coming years or we'll just go round and round with this arguement while our team mishandles some more QB's,.

You mean the rebuild around Tebow right?

Nope, the way I see it Tebow's a bit better then Mcelroy. I have officially given up on the Tebow project. Seeing Mcelroy play made me realize how horrible our team's qb's are. This team needs to rebuild. And since were tied down with Sanchez's contract were screwed. It's going to be very painful for the next 2 years.

You do realize that McElroy is actully pretty fast and scrambles in the pocket very well right ? Those are some of the better attributes of his game, so what exactly are you getting at ? Are you just assuming he sucks because you have never seen him play and hes a red head :P

Nope, the way I see it Tebow's a bit better then Mcelroy. I have officially given up on the Tebow project. Seeing Mcelroy play made me realize how horrible our team's qb's are. This team needs to rebuild. And since were tied down with Sanchez's contract were screwed. It's going to be very painful for the next 2 years.

So with Tebows 47 % completion rating what exactly does he do better than Sanchez ? Run when the WR's clear out ?

You do realize that McElroy is actully pretty fast and scrambles in the pocket very well right ? Those are some of the better attributes of his game, so what exactly are you getting at ? Are you just assuming he sucks because you have never seen him play and hes a red head :tongue:

No, him being slower then Sanchez and the slow release and weak arm killed all hope for me. This team has no starting caliber qb's on the roster. Watching Luck beat the Lions makes it hurt even more. **** you Indi, how the hell do you always manage to land good qbs.

Archived