McElchampionship

T0mShane

I thought he looked pretty good today and actually had a much quicker release than sanchez, was significantly more mobile, and panicked less. He reminds me of Andy Dalton sans red hair.

Not saying anything that most of you don't know already, but GMC has a pitiful arm. Pitiful.

Seven passes and we're back to Arm Strength debates.

It's as if Chad never left.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its because the Jets don't get that size and arm strength are weapons. They keep drafting similar QB's who are short and on the weak side. If Sanchez is 6'2" then I must be 6'3" on the Sanchez scale from my real height of 6'1". I blame Trader Mike and Woody for keeping that dope Bradway around.

McElroy arguably would do better if named the starter. He NEVER practices with the first team offense, so reps have to improve him. But he does not look like a starter long-term to me. I just don't like his arm. Hell, I don't like Sanchez's arm. Judging by his accuracy, it does not appear to have a labrum. Or did I mean rotator cuff? But I would rather have a tough guy whose mind is in the game, than a pretty boy looking for a place to lie down. Neither of them pick u their second reads. Gary Myers said that the Jets need Sanchez's arm. Really? He has an arm that puts receivers ont he injured list. And DBs in the end zone.

McElroy arguably would do better if named the starter. He NEVER practices with the first team offense, so reps have to improve him. But he does not look like a starter long-term to me. I just don't like his arm. Hell, I don't like Sanchez's arm. Judging by his accuracy, it does not appear to have a labrum. Or did I mean rotator cuff? But I would rather have a tough guy whose mind is in the game, than a pretty boy looking for a place to lie down. Neither of them pick u their second reads. Gary Myers said that the Jets need Sanchez's arm. Really? He has an arm that puts receivers ont he injured list. And DBs in the end zone.

mcelroy needs snaps. Suppousedly he didnt have any snaps with first team this week!

great party thread. the annointing and all.

problem is that while Greg and/or Tebow may play out the stretch, I'd bet big money Sanchez is the starter next season. Just because many refuse to acknowledge the inconvenient truth doesn't change the fact the weapons on this team are abysmal. Schillens is atrocious, Hill is a knucklehead, and Kerley is a complimentary piece.

With the return of Canconio Holmes, a full off season for Hill, and an influx of new blood, I'm sure Mark will win any future training camp battles.

Sanchez has played like dog crap this year and earned his demotion. That said, between the guaranteed money and lack of legitimate alternatives, it's looking like we'll all get one more hard look at the Sanchize. For better or worse.

Honestly not buying this Rex is a coward for not making a move riot going on. Looking forward to reading the book on this season when it's all over.

I'm more of the impression that Rex has been under heavy pressure -if not direct orders- to keep playing Sanchez. And then if not Sanchez, Tebow. I don't usually watch press conferences, but Rex looked very unhappy yesterday discussing the QBs. Stressed might be the better word. I wouldn't be surprised to find out he commmitted an act of mutiny yesterday.

problem is that while Greg and/or Tebow may play out the stretch, I'd bet big money Sanchez is the starter next season. Just because many refuse to acknowledge the inconvenient truth doesn't change the fact the weapons on this team are abysmal. Schillens is atrocious, Hill is a knucklehead, and Kerley is a complimentary piece.

With the return of Canconio Holmes, a full off season for Hill, and an influx of new blood, I'm sure Mark will win any future training camp battles.

Sanchez has played like dog crap this year and earned his demotion. That said, between the guaranteed money and lack of legitimate alternatives, it's looking like we'll all get one more hard look at the Sanchize. For better or worse.

Based on what? The weekly training camp summary of how many pics Sanchez thru to Cro and Revis?

Other than a headline producer the only thing that makes sens why Tebow was here is for Sanchez to beat him out in camp. Tebow had some rep from taking Denver to the playoffs but everyone knows the guy sucks at QB. he was brought here to make Mark look good in camp by winning the job. Nothing else makes sense.

McElroy threw for 29 yards and the win yesterday. Don't know why you need to sh*t on everyone's good time.

Jets need a couple QB's next year. Someone in free agency who can compete for a starting job, and a high-ish draft pick to compete down the road.

Sanchez's contract almost certainly guarantees him a spot on the roster next year, but not a starting job.

Honestly not buying this Rex is a coward for not making a move riot going on. Looking forward to reading the book on this season when it's all over.

I'm more of the impression that Rex has been under heavy pressure -if not direct orders- to keep playing Sanchez. And then if not Sanchez, Tebow. I don't usually watch press conferences, but Rex looked very unhappy yesterday discussing the QBs. Stressed might be the better word. I wouldn't be surprised to find out he commmitted an act of mutiny yesterday.

I liked him better as the whale.

McElroy threw for 29 yards and the win yesterday. Don't know why you need to sh*t on everyone's good time.

Jets need a couple QB's next year. Someone in free agency who can compete for a starting job, and a high-ish draft pick to compete down the road.

Sanchez's contract almost certainly guarantees him a spot on the roster next year, but not a starting job.

I'm not crapping on anything. I'm bored at work and wrote a post conducive to receiving a response or 2. I like the back and forth on it.

But I do mean what I wrote. In your heart or hearts you have to admit it's a logical outcome.

Based on what? The weekly training camp summary of how many pics Sanchez thru to Cro and Revis?

Other than a headline producer the only thing that makes sens why Tebow was here is for Sanchez to beat him out in camp. Tebow had some rep from taking Denver to the playoffs but everyone knows the guy sucks at QB. he was brought here to make Mark look good in camp by winning the job. Nothing else makes sense.

McElroy reminds me of Fitzpatrick. Looks like he puts everything he has into his throws which slows down his release. Smart but physically limited.

I love that Sanchez was benched yesterday and deserved it but I still think he'll be the starter next year. Thank Tannebaum.

McElroy reminds me of Fitzpatrick. Looks like he puts everything he has into his throws which slows down his release. Smart but physically limited.

I love that Sanchez was benched yesterday and deserved it but I still think he'll be the starter next year. Thank Tannebaum.

By no stretch I'm saying that GMac is the answer. We need to bring in a vet and draft a mid range rookie and at least have an ACTUAL camp competition. Handing Sanchez the reigns again without a comp would be franchise suicide.

I'm not crapping on anything. I'm bored at work and wrote a post conducive to receiving a response or 2. I like the back and forth on it.

But I do mean what I wrote. In your heart or hearts you have to admit it's a logical outcome.

I'm joking with you, you humorless so-and-so. Hence the 29 yards comment.

By no stretch I'm saying that GMac is the answer. We need to bring in a vet and draft a mid range rookie and at least have an ACTUAL camp competition. Handing Sanchez the reigns again without a comp would be franchise suicide.

That's what I'm saying, bubble butt.

There will be a competition and Sanchez will win it. Rapport with Holmes, an improving Hill, etc etc etc... There is no FA savior available. Jason Campbell sucks.

that doesnt make any sense. Both Qbs are gonna play with the same team. If mcelroy can do something with this team that sanchez cant mcelroy will be the starter. I guess barring the chance sanchez becomes an all pro player next year and beats out mcelroy but just a hunch i dont see that happening

Havent read the thread entire thread but has anyone broke up the circle jerk and stated the truth here? McElroy sucks. Just curious. I'll always love him though if he relieved us from having to watch Sanchez ever again, but figured I'd bring everyone back to reality if there are people who actually think he's the answer. He's not. He's Pennington part 2, but worse.

Havent read the thread entire thread but has anyone broke up the circle jerk and stated the truth here? McElroy sucks. Just curious. I'll always love him though if he relieved us from having to watch Sanchez ever again, but figured I'd bring everyone back to reality if there are people who actually think he's the answer. He's not. He's Pennington part 2, but worse.

I just said he is better than sanchez, i realize that doesnt say a wholelot mon #Rolltide

Pennington???

He's Glenn Foley.

I just said he is better than sanchez, i realize that doesnt say a wholelot mon #Rolltide

Being better than the worst is something I guess.

I was just about to PM. Congrats man. Shame we handed the Bull Dogs that game back in October, could have had something this year. But bet your bottom dollar, UF vs. Bama is going to be the SEC Champ game for the next 2 seasons.

Archived