Rex is finished

Jetfan13

With all the outgoing and nothing coming back, it is obvious to me that they r hanging Rex out and he will take the full brunt of a 4-5 win season this year. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't even finish the year.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No FA signings, no draft, no clue what the roster will look like in Sept. 

What if the roster doesnt improve and Rex ends up pulling out a miracle season?  Still finished?

What if you rubbed a magic lamp and a genie popped out and granted you a personality, a reduction in baby fat, and adult-sized fingers. What then?

No FA signings, no draft, no clue what the roster will look like in Sept. 

What if the roster doesnt improve and Rex ends up pulling out a miracle season?  Still finished?

What if it snows in Jax today? EXACTLY, not gonna happen.

With all the outgoing and nothing coming back, it is obvious to me that they r hanging Rex out and he will take the full brunt of a 4-5 win season this year. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't even finish the year.

Good grief.

Free agency is how many hours old? Not even a full day... when a team is over the cap they have no choice but to cut players loose and renegotiate before they can start building back up. Give it more than 18 hours, eh?

Good grief.

Free agency is how many hours old? Not even a full day... when a team is over the cap they have no choice but to cut players loose and renegotiate before they can start building back up. Give it more than 18 hours, eh?

The roster is getting worse from terrible, which is was it was last year. This isn't close to a playoff team in 2013. They are doing the right thing though.

Good grief.

I keep seeing this, but what could possibly happen in that time that would turn the tide here? They aren't getting Peyton Manning in free agency, and they're not getting Andrew Luck in the draft. Garrard is going to lead a huge turnaround? Ryan Nassib is going to be RGIII? I understand the need (in some) to have faith and patience, but where are you guys finding said faith?

Good grief.

2 starting DL's gone, 3 starting LB's gone, Revis and Landry probably gone. And maybe even Bell.

Thats 7, maybe 8 out of 11 starters likely gone. Rex is the defense, never got to involved in the offense. If 7 or 8 new starters on the defensive side of the ball doesn't spell adios, then Rex must have pics of Woody doing somethjing un-natural.

Everyone who knows me knows I am not a doomsslayer, but where do you see a + in this equation?

I totally disagree. Marty fixes the offense, Idzik gets some talent in here and Rex gets an extension.

I am so confident that Rex will be back that I am thinking of adding him to the banner.

That is the one move that would convince me that Rex is 100% guaranteed to be gone after this season.

Welcome to the conclusion that was obvious in January. 

Rex is a placeholder.

You have to assume that Idzik cleared all of this with Woody during the interview process, meaning Woody is done with Rex and just doesn't want to pay him to walk away.    I wonder if Idzik has a new HC in mind for 2014?    

If Rex was smart he would resign today and be DC for his son's HS team this year, 2013 is going to be ugly for the NYJ

What if it snows in Jax today? EXACTLY, not gonna happen.

Well, Rex inherited a sh*t roster when he came to the Jets, completely revamped it and made them SB contenders.  

He did it once, dont see why he cant do it again.  Unlike snowing in Jax, thats never happened (at least never actually made it to the ground) so Rex has a better precedent of building a winner than snow in Jax.

Rex is not a place holder. He's not here only because of his contract. Woody fired Tannenbaum, he could comfortably afford to fire Rex, too. In fact, Rex would've gotten a job somewhere else offsetting Woody's losses.

No, Rex is here because Woody sees something salvageable in him. He likes him. Simple as that.

And John Idzik isn't going to purposely undermine the team to get Rex fired, either. His job is to improve the team. He's new on the job, and like anyone new on the job, he's still working on his initial impression. And he's also clear on the fact that Woody likes Rex, and it's part of his job this year to evaluate the head coach and determine the future of the team from there.

Well, Rex inherited a sh*t roster when he came to the Jets, completely revamped it and made them SB contenders.

So dumb.

He did it once, dont see why he cant do it again. Unlike snowing in Jax, thats never happened (at least never actually made it to the ground) so Rex has a better precedent of building a winner than snow in Jax.

You must have aced the GRE.

You have to assume that Idzik cleared all of this with Woody during the interview process, meaning Woody is done with Rex and just doesn't want to pay him to walk away.    I wonder if Idzik has a new HC in mind for 2014?    

If Rex was smart he would resign today and be DC for his son's HS team this year, 2013 is going to be ugly for the NYJ

Right.  Because Rex Ryan clearly isnt cut out for the NFL despite all his success as DC and having a winning record with sh*tty NY Jets led by the sh*tty Mark Sanchez.

He's totally going to be rejected by the NFL after what he's about to do to the world beating NY Jets.  

Rex is not a place holder. He's not here only because of his contract. Woody fired Tannenbaum, he could comfortably afford to fire Rex, too. In fact, Rex would've gotten a job somewhere else offsetting Woody's losses.

No, Rex is here because Woody sees something salvageable in him. He likes him. Simple as that.

And John Idzik isn't going to purposely undermine the team to get Rex fired, either. His job is to improve the team. He's new on the job, and like anyone new on the job, he's still working on his initial impression. And he's also clear on the fact that Woody likes Rex, and it's part of his job this year to evaluate the head coach and determine the future of the team from there.

Nope.  Idzik is going to completely tank his first season as a GM to sabotage Rex Ryan because a bunch of wiz kids on JN said so.

So dumb.

You must have aced the GRE.

^^^^  Wiz kid

Nope. Idzik is going to completely tank his first season as a GM to sabotage Rex Ryan because a bunch of wiz kids on JN said so.

Yes. Idzik will be watching Rex in his office to find out all those little awesome things he does in secret that makes him a great coach but don't show up on the field. Because there's no evidence of Rex's ability to run a football team extant. None. Outside of four years of game footage and a season of Hard Knocks, Rex is a complete enigma, shrouded in mystery.

Look, Rex came onto the team and made magic that first year (true, the colts threw that game) and it could happen again. We really can't say much until we see how the roster fills out. The questions I see are the following:

1) Who will be the starting QB for the Jets in 2013? If the answer is Sanchez, then yes, I believe we are sunk, I think we have a better shot with anyone but Sanchez.

2) Will the new interior linemen respond to their new roles as starters? Losing Pouha and Devito is bad BUT can the new starters produce or at the very least hold the point. We will see...

3) How quickly will the new LBs take to the Rex defense? The front seven has to work in tandem. If the line holds, it will fall on the LBs to capitalize. 

4) Can Cro repeat last year's effort? Revis is gone...I think we all know that. If Cro can play as well as he did last year, we are in good shape, if not...we are screwed. 

5) Will the new safety(ies) coalesce with the new personnel on D? We are losing Landry and might lose Bell, will whoever starts in their place pick up the Rex d? 

I think those are the five major questions we will have....if they all come out positive then we are a sleeper playoff pick. If one or more of those questions is negatively answered then we are screwed...it will be another 6-10 or  worse season. 

LL

Lame ducks exist in life. It is a fact. What Woody is thinking, only he and a select few know.

There is certainly chance that Rex is a placeholder, for whatever reason.

I keep seeing this, but what could possibly happen in that time that would turn the tide here? They aren't getting Peyton Manning in free agency, and they're not getting Andrew Luck in the draft. Garrard is going to lead a huge turnaround? Ryan Nassib is going to be RGIII? I understand the need (in some) to have faith and patience, but where are you guys finding said faith?

fool

The Jets will draft Wilson and Wilson will be thy savoir

My new mock

1.Patterson wr

2.Wilson qb

3.Gholston de

4.Michaels rb

...........bitches

Yes. Idzik will be watching Rex in his office to find out all those little awesome things he does in secret that makes him a great coach but don't show up on the field. Because there's no evidence of Rex's ability to run a football team extant. None. Outside of four years of game footage and a season of Hard Knocks, Rex is a complete enigma, shrouded in mystery.

Gawd, you're so right all the time.  Rex has zero history of successful coaching at the NFL level.  He knows nothing about the game.  

Sometimes I just wish you were running the show.  The Jets would be so successful. 

fool

The Jets will draft Wilson and Wilson will be thy savoir

My new mock

1.Patterson wr

2.Wilson qb

3.Gholston de

4.Michaels rb

...........bitches

You want to draft Gholston AGAIN? Weren't u paying attention the first time?

Gawd, you're so right all the time.  Rex has zero history of successful coaching at the NFL level.  He knows nothing about the game.  

Sometimes I just wish you were running the show.  The Jets would be so successful. 

Ah, I remember those days. Have they been restored in colorized HD yet?

1) Who will be the starting QB for the Jets in 2013? If the answer is Sanchez, then yes, I believe we are sunk, I think we have a better shot with anyone but Sanchez.

2) Will the new interior linemen respond to their new roles as starters? Losing Pouha and Devito is bad BUT can the new starters produce or at the very least hold the point. We will see...

3) How quickly will the new LBs take to the Rex defense? The front seven has to work in tandem. If the line holds, it will fall on the LBs to capitalize. 

4) Can Cro repeat last year's effort? Revis is gone...I think we all know that. If Cro can play as well as he did last year, we are in good shape, if not...we are screwed. 

5) Will the new safety(ies) coalesce with the new personnel on D? We are losing Landry and might lose Bell, will whoever starts in their place pick up the Rex d? 

Look, Rex came onto the team and made magic that first year (true, the colts threw that game) and it could happen again. We really can't say much until we see how the roster fills out. The questions I see are the following:

I think those are the five major questions we will have....if they all come out positive then we are a sleeper playoff pick. If one or more of those questions is negatively answered then we are screwed...it will be another 6-10 or  worse season. 

LL

These are good questions. I think Rex will find two DT's who can play because he clearly can coach DL, and I think they'll draft two LB's and try and get a cheap one in FA. I'll be interested to see if Cro will be the player he was this year, particularly with his improved financial situation. Ultimately, I think integrating all the new talent will set them back significantly.

These are good questions. I think Rex will find two DT's who can play because he clearly can coach DL, and I think they'll draft two LB's and try and get a cheap one in FA. I'll be interested to see if Cro will be the player he was this year, particularly with his improved financial situation. Ultimately, I think integrating all the new talent will set them back significantly.

Wha wha what?????

No.  Not possible.  Fat stupid knows nothing.

Archived