What Happens if the Jets Are on the Plus Side for Wins

Jet27

Yes and exactly, what happens when all is said and done with all the stuff we see now and then the Jets actually have a "good" year this year?

What happens then? Can we hope this does happen? Or is it a complete make over year?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not going to happen. It wouldn't be best for The Future. This would seem to mean that Idzik went all in on 2013 when he should be prepping cap space and the roster for another more sure year. This would get it into the players' heads that they are not rebuilding and that there won't be a new Culture...There's just nothing good that can come from winning in 2013. How are they supposed to land their junior, savior QB if they put up wins? A Hot Coordinator HC? That means Ryan is around....This just should not be allowed to happen. The franchise needs to heal.

It's not going to happen. It wouldn't be best for The Future. This would seem to mean that Idzik went all in on 2013 when he should be prepping cap space and the roster for another more sure year. This would get it into the players' heads that they are not rebuilding and that there won't be a new Culture...There's just nothing good that can come from winning in 2013. How are they supposed to land their junior, savior QB if they put up wins?

Or, someone can live in the world of reality.

as of right now it doesnt look good, but its march 14th. let us get through free agency and the draft and see what the squad looks like. hopefully we get some starting talent in the draft and plug in cheap free agents in certain spots.

Snap back to reality, BRAH. FAs are two days in and Idzik is gasolining the room with Rex tied up and unconscious. What starting talent? Team needs cap space. If the draft can find that then we're onto something. Future baby, that's where the Jets are going to be on the cutting edge.

The point of being a fan, is rooting for wins.

Anything else is unacceptable. I don't care who is in college right now, if they are meant to be Jets it will happen. In the meantime.... WIN.

Absolutely. My want as a fan is to win every game that my team is involved with.

But, there has to be a pragmatic approach as to how you build your team for next year, and for the future. Realism has to enter the picture.

Smart teams:

-Have a plan and blueprint of how they build their team

-Develop their own feeder system of "next man up"

-Pay for future expectations, not past accomplishments

-Self scout

The Jets have not showcased that method of building over the most recent years. I get that they went "all in" for 2010 and 2011 and did not achieve their goal. Whether that was misguided, and I am willing to bet it coincided with the opening of the new stadium, is irrelevant at this point.

There needs to be a realistic approach to what this team is today, what it can be in 2013 and more importantly, how they can become an organization that practices self perpetuating success.

This will not happen for many reasons.

1) Rex Ryan is an awful HC.

2) Idzik is tanking the season to expedite the hiring of Rex Ryan, probably mid season.

3) The Jets are losing the FA battle right now.  They've signed nobody and its been about a whole 48 hours.

4) Woody Johnson doesnt want to win this season.  He made a deal with Idzik that its ok to be a loser in 13.

5) The Jets are the worst Football team in the NFL.

6) Who's the QB?

7) Weapons.  Where are they?

8) Who's going to replace the 8 starters who sucked but now that they're not on the team, are players we'll miss dearly.

9) Mevi$.  The Jets are going to get bent over the table on that inevitable trade.

10) Tebow.  He's still on the roster. 

I could go on.

This will not happen for many reasons.

1) Rex Ryan is an awful HC.

2) Idzik is tanking the season to expedite the hiring of Rex Ryan, probably mid season.

3) The Jets are losing the FA battle right now.  They've signed nobody and its been about a whole 48 hours.

4) Woody Johnson doesnt want to win this season.  He made a deal with Idzik that its ok to be a loser in 13.

5) The Jets are the worst Football team in the NFL.

6) Who's the QB?

7) Weapons.  Where are they?

8) Who's going to replace the 8 starters who sucked but now that they're not on the team, are players we'll miss dearly.

9) Mevi$.  The Jets are going to get bent over the table on that inevitable trade.

10) Tebow.  He's still on the roster. 

I could go on.

It most likely won't happen because they will not be a good football team. That is all that matters. 

Yes and exactly, what happens when all is said and done with all the stuff we see now and then the Jets actually have a "good" year this year?

What happens then? Can we hope this does happen? Or is it a complete make over year?

I don't see it happening. This exodus is starting to look very similar to the exodus after the 94 season when the Jets lost Rob Moore, Johnnie Johnson (Retired), James Hasty, Brian Washington, Ronnie Lott, Jeff Criswell, Dwayne White, Art Monk, Jeff Lageman, and Jim Sweeney.

I think is going to be a complete overhaul of the franchise for what seems like the zillionth time.

Absolutely. My want as a fan is to win every game that my team is involved with.

But, there has to be a pragmatic approach as to how you build your team for next year, and for the future. Realism has to enter the picture.

Smart teams:

-Have a plan and blueprint of how they build their team

-Develop their own feeder system of "next man up"

-Pay for future expectations, not past accomplishments

-Self scout

The Jets have not showcased that method of building over the most recent years. I get that they went "all in" for 2010 and 2011 and did not achieve their goal. Whether that was misguided, and I am willing to bet it coincided with the opening of the new stadium, is irrelevant at this point.

There needs to be a realistic approach to what this team is today, what it can be in 2013 and more importantly, how they can become an organization that practices self perpetuating success.

Our job stops at rooting for wins dude, we are fans.

The rest of your post is for the people that work for the Jets to worry about. All we can do is hope their management = wins. Fans that fret over all this stuff they have no control over are kind of delusional. "We need to do this, we need to do that".

Who is "we". I'm not cashing a pay check from the Jets. I buy a new t-shirt or ball cap every few years with their ugly logo on it, that's about it.

"They" need to do a LOT of things, but from where I sit... it's mostly win.

I did.  

And your act never gets old.  Dont know why you'd say that.

He's got a point you know.  We already have one Gato, and that's one too many.  No need for you to transform yourself into a second.  This whole shtick has been tired and completely unamusing for over 5 years now.

The real question is WTF do we do if Sanchez actually has a decent season? If he goes, say, 25 TD/15 turnovers... what the hell are we going to do?

And before you discount that obvious unlikelihood, I remind you: we ARE talking about the Jets here. If some seemingly great event (say, a QB playing well) would leave us in an unexpected and awkward position, then that is exactly what we should expect.

Our job stops at rooting for wins dude, we are fans.

The rest of your post is for the people that work for the Jets to worry about. All we can do is hope their management = wins. Fans that fret over all this stuff they have no control over are kind of delusional. "We need to do this, we need to do that".

Who is "we". I'm not cashing a pay check from the Jets. I buy a new t-shirt or ball cap every few years with their ugly logo on it, that's about it.

"They" need to do a LOT of things, but from where I sit... it's mostly win.

I try to never say "we" when talking about a team I root for. But keeping it as simple as W's and L's is rather mundane.

Fans absolutely should partake in understanding the complexities of building and managing a team, even though they are not involved in the act. That is the majority of fun of a sophisticated sports approach. The "fret" is a part of fandom, even though we are not involved with it. It is why boards like this exist.

The real question is WTF do we do if Sanchez actually has a decent season? If he goes, say, 25 TD/15 turnovers... what the hell are we going to do?

And before you discount that obvious unlikelihood, I remind you: we ARE talking about the Jets here. If some seemingly great event (say, a QB playing well) would leave us in an unexpected and awkward position, then that is exactly what we should expect.

You celebrate because maybe then you have a marketable chip to peddle. You still develop a contingency plan. 

If there is one thing I have felt like in the last 15 years or so, is that the Jets seem to do better as the underdog than as favorites.

Barring a Sanchez miracle, I don't see this team having a winning season, I just don't think Garrard is very good at all (reason he was out of football when QB's are so hard to come by) and there is a lack of talent almost everywhere for this team.

That said, I don't think this team will be a 4 win team.

I think Rex is too good of a DC to have that bad of a team. I think they are going to end up somewhere around 7-8 wins this year, which would surprise a lot of people.

I try to never say "we" when talking about a team I root for. But keeping it as simple as W's and L's is rather mundane.

Fans absolutely should partake in understanding the complexities of building and managing a team, even though they are not involved in the act. That is the majority of fun of a sophisticated sports approach. The "fret" is a part of fandom, even though we are not involved with it. It is why boards like this exist.

I feel so sophisticated!

You celebrate because maybe then you have a marketable chip to peddle. You still develop a contingency plan. 

If it is good we must trade it!  

You absolutely develop a contingency plan.  Maybe doing something as revolutionary as drafting a developmental prospect and developing them.  

He's got a point you know. We already have one Gato, and that's one too many. No need for you to transform yourself into a second. This whole shtick has been tired and completely unamusing for over 5 years now.

You might as well have just posted a picture of a tearful teenage girl (probably a little on the hefty side with some braces) to express yourself. There would be no difference in meaning just no one would be forced to put themselves through reading your stuff.

See like so:

Crying-Girl-789385.jpg

Everyone would understand perfectly that you're about to twat up the joint and maybe try to steer clear.

He's got a point you know.  We already have one Gato, and that's one too many.  No need for you to transform yourself into a second.  This whole shtick has been tired and completely unamusing for over 5 years now.

There's a really cool feature on the site called "ignore" - ask a mod how it works. 

You might as well have just posted a picture of a tearful teenage girl (probably a little on the hefty side with some braces) to express yourself. There would be no difference in meaning just no one would be forced to put themselves through reading your stuff.

This, coming from you of all people, followed by this:

Sophisticate to JN:

Support losing

Hope for future

If not work, fire and start over new. Pretend each time is a new strategy at work. Call it culture change.

That was good for a laugh, I'll give you that.

There's a really cool feature on the site called "ignore" - ask a mod how it works. 

Hey, I'm only trying to help you out.  I'm just saying, it's probably best not to model your posting strategy around one that has a track record of years of abysmal failure.  That is, unless your goal is to contribute nothing to discussions and instead act as the message board equivalent of a gnat.

Hey, I'm only trying to help you out.  I'm just saying, it's probably best not to model your posting strategy around one that has a track record of years of abysmal failure.  That is, unless your goal is to contribute nothing to discussions and instead act as the message board equivalent of a gnat.

http://forums.jetnation.com/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=ignoredusers

Its with a capital F.  A lot of people miss that when spelling my name.

Archived