Live Draft Discussion Thread - rounds 4-7

Sperm Edwards

Well you usually end up cutting a few picks from the lower rounds anyway but we have quite the log-jam at guard now with Ducasse, Colon, these 2 guys and I believe there was another FA we signed... So about 5 guards on the roster now?

Wait wait, we picked 3 guards in a row? So we have about 6 guards on the roster now?

6 "gurards" but 2 of the rooks also can play right tackle. 

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well you usually end up cutting a few picks from the lower rounds anyway but we have quite the log-jam at guard now with Ducasse, Colon, these 2 guys and I believe there was another FA we signed... So about 5 guards on the roster now?

Wait wait, we picked 3 guards in a row? So we have about 6 guards on the roster now?

It's possible that we're all assuming Oday is being considered at OG, when it's possible he could have been drafted solely as a swing tackle for insurance purposes encase Austin doesn't pan out or D'brick goes down for a game or two.  Our tackle depth was pretty abysmal and we've been lucky we haven't really had any injuries there recently...although I guess you could say having hunter in there was a type of injury.  

He might eventually be groomed to kick inside, but I think he offers some positional versatility encase we let Austin go somewhere else or he gets hurt.

Can any of them play TE?

Last year: "OMG TANNYS FAULT NO OFFENSIVE LINE DEPTH"

Sheesh.

Oh yeah, stoicsentry just would not stop complaining about Tannenbaum. That's him, all right.

That's not what I'm saying butt face. I'm simply reminding that we have 3+ OL positions that need filling by referencing that.

I don't keep a running tab on who stands on which side of every argument either, IDGAF. LOL

I like that Aboushi and Campbell are considered technically sound players with good physical tools and attributes.

Guys who might catch passes for Los Yets in 2013 in no order:

Holmes

Goodson

Ivory

Kerley

Hill

Smith

Cumberland

Powell

Hilliard

Reuland

Gates

White

Probably at least one more FA

Who am I forgetting? 

I don't post here much anymore and I don't know who you are. But I'm not fond of you at all.

Feel free to hate away.  PS- your team just drafted 3 guards in a row after signing their second one of the off season yesterday.  Why didn't we just keep the frigging line from last year?  Moore and Slausson were good.  Slausson left for under a million, and moore is still unsigned.  We let them go, and now have to spend half our draft finding their replacements. 

Here's a good question for you.  Which of these guys are going to be on the field and which are going to be wasted signings/picks who we cut?  Brick, Vlad, Mangold, Colon, Howard, Peterman, Winters, Aboshi, Campbell, Schlauderaff?  That's 10 guys.  7 are active on game day.  Pretty sure the better move is just keeping your cohesive line intact rather than losing 2 quality players, and then signing/drafting 5 players to "Compete" for the same 2 spots and letting the other 3 twiddle their thumbs until we cut them.  Meanwhile, we still have the same holes we've had in every off season for the last 7 years-- 2 edge rushers, 2 safteys, WR, TE.  I can't think of a year where we haven't had those same needs on this team.  Where is my competition at those spots?  Barnes was a decent signing as a rotational rusher.  Pace is hot garbage, and graded out us one of the worst OLB in the league.  Ricky Sapp?  Give me a break.  Dawan Landry and Josh Bush?  Our WR and TE's going to scare anyone?

Trade a 4th rounder and 10 million dollars for Chris Ivory and his yearly injuries... meanwhile Green Bay scoops up Jon Franklin in the 4th, and AZ gets Andre Ellingon in the 6th.  I'd take either one of them over Ivory... add in the fact that Ivory will cost 6-7 times as much and now I'm really shaking my head.

PS- Nice work "restructuring" brick... again.  Can't wait to pay him 52 million dollars in the last 4 years of his contract.

Feel free to hate away.  PS- your team just drafted 3 guards in a row after signing their second one of the off season yesterday.  Why didn't we just keep the frigging line from last year?  Moore and Slausson were good.  Slausson left for under a million, and moore is still unsigned.  We let them go, and now have to spend half our draft finding their replacements. 

Here's a good question for you.  Which of these guys are going to be on the field and which are going to be wasted signings/picks who we cut?  Brick, Vlad, Mangold, Colon, Howard, Peterman, Winters, Aboshi, Campbell, Schlauderaff?  That's 10 guys.  7 are active on game day.  Pretty sure the better move is just keeping your cohesive line intact rather than losing 2 quality players, and then signing/drafting 5 players to "Compete" for the same 2 spots and letting the other 3 twiddle their thumbs until we cut them.  Meanwhile, we still have the same holes we've had in every off season for the last 7 years-- 2 edge rushers, 2 safteys, WR, TE.  I can't think of a year where we haven't had those same needs on this team.  Where is my competition at those spots?  Barnes was a decent signing as a rotational rusher.  Pace is hot garbage, and graded out us one of the worst OLB in the league.  Ricky Sapp?  Give me a break.  Dawan Landry and Josh Bush?  Our WR and TE's going to scare anyone?

Trade a 4th rounder and 10 million dollars for Chris Ivory and his yearly injuries... meanwhile Green Bay scoops up Jon Franklin in the 4th, and AZ gets Andre Ellingon in the 6th.  I'd take either one of them over Ivory... add in the fact that Ivory will cost 6-7 times as much and now I'm really shaking my head.

PS- Nice work "restructuring" brick... again.  Can't wait to pay him 52 million dollars in the last 4 years of his contract.

13 a year for a pro-bowl caliber LT, who's never missed a game is not that unreasonable. Especially when you conisder that's still 12 million dollars less than what revis would get over that same time-frame.  

We had a top 5 line last year with that group.  Why break it up only to try and fill it with lousy stopgaps, and half of your draft picks?

That was not a top 5 line. I don't care what advanced metric BS you're looking at cause I watched them play

Archived