Live Draft Discussion Thread - rounds 4-7

Sperm Edwards

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another DT!

Jesus Rex

Looks like another possible Brandon Moore conversion story. Mayock and others are talking about Devlin as an up and coming coach and could possibly convert this guy. 

Looks like the jets have their oline set for this year and are planning on the future already when guys like Colon leave and possibly Austin.  Can't say i'm too dissapointed in that.

Looks like another possible Brandon Moore conversion story. Mayock and others are talking about Devlin as an up and coming coach and could possibly convert this guy. 

Looks like the jets have their oline set for this year and are planning on the future already when guys like Colon leave and possibly Austin.  Can't say i'm too dissapointed in that.

Ok, cool I've been watching ESPN since NFL Net pissed me off....they haven't gotten to the pick yet

Trench play is absolutely still important, maybe not what it was since the NFL became the insane pass/point happy league, but still important.

Our best years under Rex came with us being pretty dominant on the lines, looks like we're going for that theme again. 

Trenches baby. Love it.

Quick update on Campbell I saw on a Seahawks site:

"DT/OT William Campbell, Michigan 6'5, 310

Great combo of size and athleticism with not much production to go with it. Campbell reminds me of J.R. Sweezy in that regard, so I'm projecting him as a possible offensive line convert for Tom Cable (also, Gil Brandt did note that some teams were considering this). Campbell played tackle in high school and was planning on making the switch to the offensive side of the ball prior to a regime change (apparently decided a new staff would help his production on that side of the ball).

Regardless, he is a former blue-chip recruit that didn't live up to expectations in school. He's a huge man though, 6'5 with an 80" wingspan and 10+" hands, so the thought of him on the offensive line is intriguing. His speed/agility times are about in the range you'd hope for in a guard/tackle prospect of his size - 5.15 40, 4.7 short shuttle, 7.3 3-cone, and an 8'11 broad jump and 27" vert."

Trench play is absolutely still important, maybe not what it was since the NFL became the insane pass/point happy league, but still important.

Our best years under Rex came with us being pretty dominant on the lines, looks like we're going for that theme again. 

Trenches baby. Love it.

Also, with MM's WCO you need an OL that can do more than be road graders.  Drafting T's and moving them inside fits this perfectly.  I like the fact that instead of spreading picks around, we are focused on the OL.  Focus and long term vision all the way.

Love how we trade a 4th and 10 million over 3 years for Ivory, and the Pats get Blount for a 7th.  Unreal. 

What the **** with the Defensive tackles man?  This guy wasn't even invited to the combine.  I see him ranked as the 414th best player available in this draft.

Love how we trade a 4th and 10 million over 3 years for Ivory, and the Pats get Blount for a 7th.  Unreal. 

What the **** with the Defensive tackles man?  This guy wasn't even invited to the combine.  I see him ranked as the 414th best player available in this draft.

I don't post here much anymore and I don't know who you are. But I'm not fond of you at all.

Pats just traded for L. blunt

For Jeff ******* Demps a guy who wants to focus on track. Why did we pay a fourth rounder when the going rate for a decent RB is a bag of sh*t and a 7th? Or is that just the Patriot rate? We could have held out for at least a 5th they're completely against the cap and they don't use him

Ivory is talented, Blount is not.  That's about as succinct as I can be.

That piece on Campbell as an OL conversion is interesting. He was a guy the Jets brought in for a visit during the pre-draft prospect and was recruited back when Michigan was relevant in CFB. He's been around forever and has always been a pretty solid player for them so I can dig. It's been a while since I didn't like a Michigan DL. They're usually fundamentally sound players and can anchor. 

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr

It's official, Campbell will be listed as an offensive lineman from the #Jets

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini

#Jets project DT William Campbell as a guard. Interesting. There was talk before draft about him possibly switching to offense.

Cimini is a bum.  This post was immediately following a snarky-ass tweet about how we drafted another defensive tackle.  He's so tuned into what we're doing, yet he didn't have any idea we were working him out as an offensive guard.

That piece on Campbell as an OL conversion is interesting. He was a guy the Jets brought in for a visit during the pre-draft prospect and was recruited back when Michigan was relevant in CFB. He's been around forever and has always been a pretty solid player for them so I can dig. It's been a while since I didn't like a Michigan DL. They're usually fundamentally sound players and can anchor. 

I posted an excerpt from an article in one of these threads that said that he was a three year starter at OT in high school as well as a two year starter at dtackle.  Was recruited as an OT for Michigan, however thought he had more promise on the defensive side of the ball and was contemplating a change back to the Oline, but thought against it when Michigan had the coaching change.  Could be our future Brandom Moore in a year or two.

Really like how all three guys we drafted to play oline are described as nasty and aggressive.  If things pan out with some Oday and Campbell, not only is our depth fine, but our starting 5 is set for a while.  The trenches will be established and next year go after some more of the skill positions if value dictates.

Well you usually end up cutting a few picks from the lower rounds anyway but we have quite the log-jam at guard now with Ducasse, Colon, these 2 guys and I believe there was another FA we signed... So about 5 guards on the roster now?

Wait wait, we picked 3 guards in a row? So we have about 6 guards on the roster now?

Archived