Live Draft Discussion Thread - rounds 4-7

Sperm Edwards

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm guessing purely a special teams move as I've never once heard about the guy. 

Rogers' off-field concerns must be so much  more egregious than advertised, because someone with his ability should not go undrafted. Will like to see the type of guys we bring in as UDFAs, even though these kids never really amount to much.  All in all, extremely pleased with this draft.

Tony Pauline from USA Today said he sees Bohanon as a mid-round draft pick thanks to his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield and play in a West Coast offense.

Bohanon has a draft grade of a 54 from NFL.com, which means they consider him a player who should go in the fourth round or later.

Finally, ESPN draft analyst Kevin Weidl tweeted that Bohanon is the versatile type of fullback that you would want on your roster.

Says Mo Wilk will make pro bowl next year undoubtedly.

Mark Sanchez will take first snap in camp but there will be a competition. Taking it one step at a time and let it shake out. He has not talked with Sanchez , but "other coaches" have.

That is what they say now but I just can not see Mark and Smith on this roster together

You're a homer. The offense isn't competitive at this point and won't average 20 ppg. The defense didn't improve unless Richardson is JJ Watt.

The defense basically added two # 1's over what they had last year, since Revis was hurt all year anyhow.

That is what they say now but I just can not see Mark and Smith on this roster together

Agreed, not sure how that is healthy for anyone. I think DG could start this year while Geno bakes in the oven. Sanchez and Tebow will be released and GMac will be the long term backup.

I just think a locker room with Sanchez and Smith would be  a disaster. Smith was chosen to be the QB-  hopefully we can develop him and he can show the mental part and toughness he would need

Agreed, not sure how that is healthy for anyone. I think DG could start this year while Geno bakes in the oven. Sanchez and Tebow will be released and GMac will be the long term backup.

GMac sucks, too. If Sanchez or Tebow last this season, they're gone next year, just like Garrard. The important difference between GMac and Tebow is that Tebow could potentially have trade value again next season. GMac won't. 

GMac sucks, too. If Sanchez or Tebow last this season, they're gone next year, just like Garrard. The important difference between GMac and Tebow is that Tebow could potentially have trade value again next season. GMac won't. 

I usually agree with you Slats, but not on this. We have to rid ourselves of the Tebow experiment. The return will not be enough to warrant going through another season of "the circus." I think Garrard could go a number of directions, but he is a serviceable QB when healthy and he has never had a solid D to help him out. Sanchez might be great in MM's offense, but I think we cut ties. I would understand if they do keep him though, since they will have to pay him anyway. And to be honest, I would be fine with letting him and Garrard competing for the job. Geno will not be ready IMO. He has never run the WCO. My only point with McElnuts was that over time, I think he could be a quality back up in the WCO. He is a smart kid and fairly accurate. I won't loose sleep though if he gets the axe.

Archived