Chris Ivory info from Saints Fan

DiehardSaints

If we sign Drew Brees, will you all flock to us?

If yall sign Brees I'll lose my faith in all that is holy.

I posted the info on Ivory because I was looking at another Jets message board and some people were acting like he was some scrub and it was no big deal. I signed up for the message board but I needed 150 posts before I could start a thread. So, this was the 2nd board that I found. I just wanted to set the record straight on him. I understand why some people might not be excited about a 3rd string RB without doing a little homework. I can tell you we loved him down here and did not want to see him leave.

As you can tell I'm an Ivory fan. Ivory was a fan favorite in New Orleans. The only thing you have to worry about is his health. He runs like a Mack truck which kinda lends itself to injury. Players get injured, especially RBs in a 16 game season. But the upside is there to be a Pro Bowl type player. He just needs the carries and needs to stay healthy.

If yall sign Brees I'll lose my faith in all that is holy.

I posted the info on Ivory because I was looking at another Jets message board and some people were acting like he was some scrub and it was no big deal. I signed up for the message board but I needed 150 posts before I could start a thread. So, this was the 2nd board that I found. I just wanted to set the record straight on him. I understand why some people might not be excited about a 3rd string RB without doing a little homework. I can tell you we loved him down here and did not want to see him leave.

As you can tell I'm an Ivory fan. Ivory was a fan favorite in New Orleans. The only thing you have to worry about is his health. He runs like a Mack truck which kinda lends itself to injury. Players get injured, especially RBs in a 16 game season. But the upside is there to be a Pro Bowl type player. He just needs the carries and needs to stay healthy.

Much appreciated.

I was just making a funny, as both Favre and Tebow came with their own fan bases.

Much appreciated.

I was just making a funny, as both Favre and Tebow came with their own fan bases.

Yea, I'm sure that was probably a bit annoying.

I was just listening to our GM, Mickey Loomis, on the NFL network. A Jet fan asked about some info on Ivory and he talked about him being physical, great vision and hard to bring down. He added that Curtis Lofton (our MLB) said that when he was with Atl that Ivory was the RB that no one wanted to tackle because of how hard he runs.

It makes me sick to hear that. But we saved a little over $3mil in cap space. Brees' contract has really got us up against the cap. We did what we had to. But I'm happy for the guy too. He's about to blow up.

Yea, I'm sure that was probably a bit annoying.

I was just listening to our GM, Mickey Loomis, on the NFL network. A Jet fan asked about some info on Ivory and he talked about him being physical, great vision and hard to bring down. He added that Curtis Lofton (our MLB) said that when he was with Atl that Ivory was the RB that no one wanted to tackle because of how hard he runs.

It makes me sick to hear that. But we saved a little over $3mil in cap space. Brees' contract has really got us up against the cap. We did what we had to. But I'm happy for the guy too. He's about to blow up.

I did not find them any more annoying than the regular crowd. :)

I hope he is right, we really need a hard runner that will actually gain some yards.

I did not find them any more annoying than the regular crowd. :)

I hope he is right, we really need a hard runner that will actually gain some yards.

I'm reading some of the hate on Ivory (from other people). That he won't be as successful in the Jets' offense. Granted they'll be keying on him. But when he came in the game for us it was like a big alert to the defense that we were running. Yes, they'll be able to stack the box more against the Jets but he'll be successful.

Ivory is about to be known. Dig this thread up next year when it happens. Yall will say, "That ol' Saints fan was right!"

I'm reading some of the hate on Ivory (from other people). That he won't be as successful in the Jets' offense. Granted they'll be keying on him. But when he came in the game for us it was like a big alert to the defense that we were running. Yes, they'll be able to stack the box more against the Jets but he'll be successful.

Ivory is about to be known.

It's definitely going to be tougher on him here, hopefully we have something that resembles a passing game this year.

I really hope he becomes and absolute steel for us, we need it.

Ivory is about to be known. Dig this thread up next year when it happens. Yall will say, "That ol' Saints fan was right!"

I’ve been a believer.  Been touting him since the season ended

Only saw the kid twice last year.   Once on TV against the 9ers, and once in NO against the Falcons.  Impressed both times

That 50 yard run he made might have been the most exciting run I have seen a big man make.

Thrilled he’s with the Jets

I'm not one of those new Saints fans, I've lived through the very rough times so I know what it feels like. I like the Jets. And hate the Giants. You're right, Ivory will be good for yall.

It will be tougher in your offense but maybe Geno can stretch the field.

I can tell you this, I'm not looking forward to going up against Ivory next year at yall's place. If you can get your defense back up to elite status, you'll have a chance next year to compete with anyone.

Best of luck to you! I'm coming back to the board next year when he blows up!

I’ve been a believer.  Been touting him since the season ended

Only saw the kid twice last year.   Once on TV against the 9ers, and once in NO against the Falcons.  Impressed both times

That 50 yard run he made might have been the most exciting run I have seen a big man make.

Thrilled he’s with the Jets

Good deal! Yall are gonna love "The Tusk"!

• 3 months later...

Jet fans are weary of Ivory because of the Lamont Jordan syndrom. A back up who also averaged 5 yards a carry, and failed when given the chance to start on another squad. I was for giving up Martin and keeping Jordan back then. Thought he had a higher ceiling. OK,  I was wrong...

• 2 years later...

Archived