The Jets aren't going to be bad this season...

Maxman

looking at the schedule, im not sure they win 2 games by the bye. Which is week 10. 

this logic that the QB play MUST be better because it can't be as bad is called gamblers logic. 

It's like betting Red at the Roullette wheel because the last 5 rolls were Red (and it's a trend). Or Black (because Black is due). 

It's starting at an outcome (the Jets will be good) and manipulating past evidence to fit that conclusion. 

We're fans.  Short for fanatics.  None of us really think logically, or we would have abandoned the Jets long ago.  And just because we're gambling on the QB play being better doesn't necesarilly mean that its really a flawed or poor way of thinking. 

You yourself have said you wanted the Jets to be competitive this year even while rebuilding.  Well the only way for that to happen is significantly better QB play.  I intend to go all in on Geno (from an emotional investment perspective) for that goal to be achieved. 

If I'm wrong, well we'll probably have a top 5 pick in a pretty good looking draft class to look forward to.  Win-Win in my book.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I will take a ton of crap for saying this, but the Jets aren't going to be bad this season.  I really believe that this will be a bounce back season that ends with the Jets in the playoffs.

There are a ton of issues no doubt but the Jets couldn't do anything on offense last year and they won 6 games.  If the Jets had punted on 1st down every time the had the ball they would won 7 games.  That is how bad the offense was.

Any improvement on offense brings in a few more wins.  It isn't that far fetched to picture the Jets at 9 or 10 wins this season.

Yes they lost Revis, but they played without him last year anyhow.

The Jets aren't going to be that bad this year people, deal with it.  The QB situation will improve, it has to improve a ton to win the Super Bowl, but marginal improvements whether it be Sanchez or Smith, will get the Jets in the playoffs.

Go ahead.  Sound off and tell me why I am so wrong now.  :)

Agreed.  The Jets are going to surprise a lot of people by utilizing their greatest asset, Rex Ryan.

I dont think the Jets win the SB or anything like that but Jets fan are going to very excited about the future of the New York Jets under the guidance of Idzik and the superior coaching of Rex Ryan.

Agreed. The Jets are going to surprise a lot of people by utilizing their greatest asset, Rex Ryan.

I dont think the Jets win the SB or anything like that but Jets fan are going to very excited about the future of the New York Jets under the guidance of Idzik and the superior coaching of Rex Ryan.

The JiF-Gato Kiss of Death is a powerful thing. If only we could get JonEJet to sign off on Rex's greatness, we could call it a wrap.

I intend to go all in on Geno (from an emotional investment perspective) for that goal to be achieved. 

Keep in mind the Jets passed on him twice as did many other teams in the league. If Geno was day 1 ready he probably goes higher.  even in the minicamp practice Sanchez was throwing INTs and Geno was throwing INCs. I don't know if either guy can make the Jets "not be bad" as per this thread title. you say getting a top 5 pick is a Win-win, it's actually a painful process to watch a team lose 12-14 games. 

Keep in mind the Jets passed on him twice as did many other teams in the league. If Geno was day 1 ready he probably goes higher.  even in the minicamp practice Sanchez was throwing INTs and Geno was throwing INCs. I don't know if either guy can make the Jets "not be bad" as per this thread title. you say getting a top 5 pick is a Win-win, it's actually a painful process to watch a team lose 12-14 games. 

I've already prepared myself for it mentally. It's hard when I have expectations. I've got the bar set so low this season It's possible I might actually be enjoyable to be around on Sundays. Probably not, but still.

looking at the schedule, im not sure they win 2 games by the bye. Which is week 10.

this logic that the QB play MUST be better because it can't be as bad is called gamblers logic.

It's like betting Red at the Roullette wheel because the last 5 rolls were Red (and it's a trend). Or Black (because Black is due).

It's starting at an outcome (the Jets will be good) and manipulating past evidence to fit that conclusion.

bitonti pointing out logical fallacies what is this I don't even

I read your post and was like, "What?" but then I looked at the schedule again and I wept. I must have mentally blocked it out for the good of my own mental health because I had no memory of us playing New Orleans, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Atlanta. What a sh*t show.

On the other hand...no, there's really no bright side. Will we beat the Bills? Who knows. I always hope to win a game against the Pats, but the first is in New England, in prime time, on national television and on a Thursday, so...I'll just pencil in "disaster of epic proportions." At least it'll be out of the way early (Week 02).

OH THERE IS A BRIGHT SIDE! The Jets won't be ruining Thanksgiving this year!

I think the jets are a 3 win team.  I think that because idzik has made it very obvious this is the purge year, next year is the rebuild.

maybe smith lights the league on fire, maybe I win megamillions

This - unless a few unknowns come out of the draft/fa and light it up - I see no improvement on the offensive side of the ball

Sanchez was doomed prior to my fake endorsement last offseason, he doesnt qualify. Holmes is a baller who suffers from Sanchez's sucktitude, he doesnt qualify.

Next?

Max,

Any chance we could set JiF up with custom emojis? One for Real Endorsement, one for Fake Endorsement, and one more for Qualified Endorsement? Thx.

I read your post and was like, "What?" but then I looked at the schedule again and I wept. I must have mentally blocked it out for the good of my own mental health because I had no memory of us playing New Orleans, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Atlanta. What a sh*t show.

On the other hand...no, there's really no bright side. Will we beat the Bills? Who knows. I always hope to win a game against the Pats, but the first is in New England, in prime time, on national television and on a Thursday, so...I'll just pencil in "disaster of epic proportions." At least it'll be out of the way early (Week 02).

OH THERE IS A BRIGHT SIDE! The Jets won't be ruining Thanksgiving this year!

Are you any relation to JoeGee that posts on some Jets sites?

With regards to your post, yes, it is a VERY good thing that the Jets won't be ruining Thanksgiving this year.  Another possible bright side...the Jets could be a lock for a top 5 pick in the 2014 draft which could guarantee that they'd either get one of the top QBs, a top pass rushing OLB prospect or a stud WR like Marquise Lee.  Then again, I'm sure the Jets will find a way to screw that up and finish 8-8 and not have a chance at getting any of the true positions of need match up with BPA.

Max,

Any chance we could set JiF up with custom emojis? One for Real Endorsement, one for Fake Endorsement, and one more for Qualified Endorsement? Thx.

Max,

Any chance we could hook Tom up with a sense of humor and the ability to spot sarcasm? Thx.

Hit'em!! Hit'em!!  Don't take that Klecko!!  C'mon Gato, you ain't gonna let him get away with that crap, are you!!

Hey everybody!  Over here!   Fight! fight! fight!

sometimes I miss the 80's  You guys should be wearing Rush t-shirts and ripped acid wash jeans.  That would make my visual so much better.

ROFLMAO!!!  Nah, sorry to disappoint you, but nothing to see here.  Move along.  It's all good.

We're fans.  Short for fanatics.  None of us really think logically, or we would have abandoned the Jets long ago.  And just because we're gambling on the QB play being better doesn't necesarilly mean that its really a flawed or poor way of thinking. 

You yourself have said you wanted the Jets to be competitive this year even while rebuilding.  Well the only way for that to happen is significantly better QB play.  I intend to go all in on Geno (from an emotional investment perspective) for that goal to be achieved. 

If I'm wrong, well we'll probably have a top 5 pick in a pretty good looking draft class to look forward to.  Win-Win in my book.

Agreed.  This is the Jets and we think with our hearts, just like when we think about certain other things, we think with a different part of our anatomy other than the rational, logical part of our brain.

Hey, that's nothing for a veteran Jets fan who has suffered through the likes of Richie Kotite, Lou Holtz, the booger picker, Al D'oh and others.

Are you any relation to JoeGee that posts on some Jets sites?

With regards to your post, yes, it is a VERY good thing that the Jets won't be ruining Thanksgiving this year.  Another possible bright side...the Jets could be a lock for a top 5 pick in the 2014 draft which could guarantee that they'd either get one of the top QBs, a top pass rushing OLB prospect or a stud WR like Marquise Lee.  Then again, I'm sure the Jets will find a way to screw that up and finish 8-8 and not have a chance at getting any of the true positions of need match up with BPA.

Nope, no relation. 'k' and 'g' are the first letters of my first and last name, but I would imagine there is a Joe G out there somewhere ;)

Actually I'm pretty afraid they'll go like 6-10 or 7-9 and ruin their own good draft chances, but I just can't see that happening unless somehow nothing goes wrong and everything goes spectacularly. And that's not really the way things happen for the Jets.

Geno's only throwing incompletions, not pick 6's?  SIGN ME UP!

Speak for yourself, homer.

You're a Jets fan, are you not?  If being a fan were truly logical, we'd be Steelers or Packers fans.  So no, I won't "speak for myself" on this one.  I speak for all of us.  None of us should be Jets fans if we thought rationally.  Why would we choose anguish week in and week out otherwise?

Geno's only throwing incompletions, not pick 6's?  SIGN ME UP!

Speak for yourself, homer.

You're a Jets fan, are you not?  If being a fan were truly logical, we'd be Steelers or Packers fans.  So no, I won't "speak for myself" on this one.  I speak for all of us.  None of us should be Jets fans if we thought rationally.  Why would we choose anguish week in and week out otherwise?

Hey, that's nothing for a veteran Jets fan who has suffered through the likes of Richie Kotite, Lou Holtz, the booger picker, Al D'oh and others.

We suffered through Kotite but that doesn't make 1-15 seasons easy. 

We suffered through Kotite but that doesn't make 1-15 seasons easy. 

I don't think we'll go 1-15.  Hence the point of this thread.  Plus there seemed to be no light at the end of the Kotite tunnell.  There's definitely a light in our future given how we seem to be building things.

There's definitely a light in our future given how we seem to be building things.

the Gm's first signing retired and his second signing was arrested. This is after trading the team's best player for a 3-tech. 

saying Idzik is better than tanny is like saying Sparano is better than Schotty. We hope that change = upgrade. But there's no evidence to that so far. 

I don't think we'll go 1-15.  Hence the point of this thread.  Plus there seemed to be no light at the end of the Kotite tunnell.  There's definitely a light in our future given how we seem to be building things.

I saw definite light at the end of the Kotite tunnel:

-Hess had made a commitment to winning (although he did it poorly in first appointing Kotite)

-We KNEW that the poor coaching was going to cause a an upheaval at the position

-Wayne Chrebet was a rookie that year and showed a lot

-Keyshawn, while a malcontent that year, showed promise.

-That team never gave up, and the defense kept them in every game

-You knew if they could solved the o-line and the Neil O'Donnel travesty, that they could have something.

There are parallels.

Archived