The Jets aren't going to be bad this season...

Maxman

Even removing the draft as speculation either way, the FA signings certainly have been in the mold of Rex Ryan.  It makes me think they have similar philosophies.  He's endorsed him as the strength of the team.  Time will tell but early signs point to him liking Rex, and thats a good thing for Jets fans. 

Or, they plan on keeping Thurman as Coordinator, the same as Mornhinwig. 

Anyone can spin this to their desired result.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree. 

To suggest that Rex has greater influence and his job is MORE secure based upon 2 draft picks (one that filled a need) is ludicrous.

the Jets needed CB but it wasn't a 1st round need with Cro. There were worse needs (and still are worse needs).

Rex requires man to man CBs that's a very specific type of player. Other coaches use zone guys, or cover-2 guys.

If you want to believe that Rex sat quietly in the draft room while Idzik decided to draft Dee Milliner, that's your imagination. 

the Jets needed CB but it wasn't a 1st round need with Cro. There were worse needs (and still are worse needs).

Rex requires man to man CBs that's a very specific type of player. Other coaches use zone guys, or cover-2 guys.

If you want to believe that Rex sat quietly in the draft room while Idzik decided to draft Dee Milliner, that's your imagination

LOL.  Are you serious?  You really have absolutely no room to talk here.  There is no poster on this board more infamous for completely making sh*t up with zero evidence to support those claims in a desperate attempt to act as if it in some way proves a baseless conclusion that had already been drawn before that.  I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that you would have yourself completely convinced of this regardless of who they had picked and be telling us how the picking of player X clearly proves that Rex is running the show; the fact that Idzik's first significant act as GM was to send Rex's favorite player packing be damned.

If you want to believe that Rex sat quietly in the draft room while Idzik decided to draft Dee Milliner, that's your imagination. 

The same imaginational prowess that you used this summer in telling us how you thought Revis would be staying, rather than being traded? That type of imagination?

I guess Revis leaving wasn't such a big deal after all, if the his trade did not create any real holes.

Even removing the draft as speculation either way, the FA signings certainly have been in the mold of Rex Ryan. It makes me think they have similar philosophies. He's endorsed him as the strength of the team. Time will tell but early signs point to him liking Rex, and thats a good thing for Jets fans.

All of those disposable, one-year, scrap heap guys that won't be here next year certainly are in the Rex Ryan mold.

LOL.  Are you serious?  You really have absolutely no room to talk here.  There is no poster on this board more infamous for completely making sh*t up with zero evidence to support those claims in a desperate attempt to act as if it in some way proves a baseless conclusion that had already been drawn before that.  I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that you would have yourself completely convinced of this regardless of who they had picked and be telling us how the picking of player X clearly proves that Rex is running the show; the fact that Idzik's first significant act as GM was to send Rex's favorite player packing be damned.

im not the one claiming that the Jets drafted a CB in rd 1 without considering their current head coach. or worse, as a precursor to firing the coach that loves man to man CBs. 

The same imaginational prowess that you used this summer in telling us how you thought Revis would be staying, rather than being traded? That type of imagination?

I guess Revis leaving wasn't such a big deal after all, if the his trade did not create any real holes.

Yeah and you guys spent all offseason telling us how CBs shouldn't be paid like QB's. Or how they don't really win super Bowls.

Most teams don't need Revis and Cro. One or the other will do. if you are firing the head coach, and putting in a new Defensive system, he might not need either. Recently the Eagles got rid of Nnamdi, DRC and Asante and replaced them with #2 types (Cary Williams etc) on the free agency market. Each coach has their priorities. No one prioritizes CB's more than Rex. 

Rex's system is the one that leaves CBs on an island while the front 7 makes exotic blitzes. The Jets didn't need Dee Milliner because CB's are valuable and best player available blah blah blah. Rex needed Dee Milliner to put him on an island. 

im not the one claiming that the Jets drafted a CB in rd 1 without considering their current head coach. or worse, as a precursor to firing the coach that loves man to man CBs. 

They drafted a CB because of TEAM need. Not Rex Ryan. I am not aware of any draft boards that did not have Milliner as a top 15 pick. 

And because the Jets happen to take him at #9, with a need at CB, you declare this a bolt out of the blue in support of Rex Ryan?

That is just delusional.

Most teams don't need Revis and Cro. One or the other will do. if you are firing the head coach, and putting in a new Defensive system, he might not need either. Recently the Eagles got rid of Nnamdi, DRC and Asante and replaced them with #2 types (Cary Williams etc) on the free agency market. 

Rex's system is the one that leaves CBs on an island while the front 7 makes exotic blitzes. The Jets didn't need Dee Milliner. Rex needed Dee Milliner. 

Why not just keep Revis then?

There is no poster on this board more infamous for completely making sh*t up with zero evidence to support those claims in a desperate attempt to act as if it in some way proves a baseless conclusion that had already been drawn before that. 

Do you understand that the world does not revolve around you and your do whatever it takes, ruin as many people's lives, so long as you can make a name for yourself as an investigatory journalist, no matter how many friends you lose or people you leave dead and bloodied along the way, just so long so you can make a name for yourself as an investigatory journalist, no matter how many friends you lose or people you leave dead and bloodied and dying along the way?

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0007758/quotes

They drafted a CB because of TEAM need. Not Rex Ryan. I am not aware of any draft boards that did not have Milliner as a top 15 pick. 

And because the Jets happen to take him at #9, with a need at CB, you declare this a bolt out of the blue in support of Rex Ryan?

That is just delusional.

You actually aren't aware of any draft boards, unless you are a team employee. 

most teams don't need two number one CBs. Drafting Dee when they had Cro is not as dire a need as the WR, TE, QB, S etc. 

This is a Rex Ryan endorsement, sorry dude you are gonna be looking at this pretty face for many years. 

most teams don't need two number one CBs. Drafting Dee when they had Cro is not as dire a need as the WR, TE, QB, S etc. 

This is a Rex Ryan endorsement, sorry dude you are gonna be looking at this pretty face for many years. 

Coming from an authority with a track record as yourself, I have duly noted this.

Its no secret Rex's loves corners and interior pass rush....so its hard to deny Bit's point here...especially with Rex's previous drafts and of course his public disdain with the Hill pick.

Traded a top flight CB, drafted a supposed top flight CB. Net result-The coach has mucho amore being heaped on him. Only natural.

Now, I know we all know that Rex absolutely wanted Revis gone at all costs. So his trade helps bolster this idea. And the rumor of Rex's contract extension talks, that deal should be done any day. 

Naturally.

Traded a top flight CB, drafted a supposed top flight CB. Net result-The coach has mucho amore being heaped on him. Only natural.

Now, I know we all know that Rex absolutely wanted Revis gone at all costs. So his trade helps bolster this idea. And the rumor of Rex's contract extension talks, that deal should be done any day. 

Naturally.

Just saying this draft fell in line with everything Rex values in a football team. Corners, interior linemen and offensive linemen for the ground and pound.

Just saying this draft fell in line with everything Rex values in a football team. Corners, interior linemen and offensive linemen for the ground and pound.

One could just as easily say that the draft fell as many had predicted. Player values (from the geniuses who predict such things) were right in line and the Jets did not reach for a player that fell outside of where they should have gone.

If some want to say that this is some huge endorsement of Rex, have at it. 

One could just as easily say that the draft fell as many had predicted. Player values (from the geniuses who predict such things) were right in line and the Jets did not reach for a player that fell outside of where they should have gone.

If some want to say that this is some huge endorsement of Rex, have at it. 

Not denying that either...but these drafts have a funny way of falling in line with Rex's core beliefs.

Rex getting fired?  Wow, that is hysterical.  What will they come up with next.  Rex is here for the long haul and we are lucky to have him.  Hall of Fame coaches are hard to land, when you get one like Rex you keep him.

Rex getting fired?  Wow, that is hysterical.  What will they come up with next.  Rex is here for the long haul and we are lucky to have him.  Hall of Fame coaches are hard to land, when you get one like Rex you keep him.

I can't see why you don't get press creds. You are the last to know.

I can't see why you don't get press creds. You are the last to know.

Was there an announcement that Rex was being fired?  I missed it.  I didn't read every post in this thread, although I did catch where you said Tannenbaum drafted Mike Nugent.  :)

Cromartie is only definitely here for 1 more season: 2013.  Next year his cap hit is $15M, and unless the Jets extend a 30 year-old CB (after they just drafted Milliner at #9), Cro has zero incentive to restructure or take any type of pay cut.

Could be - in fact I'd say today it's more likely than not - that next year our CBs will be Milliner and Wilson.  So Rex needs two premiere veteran CBs - which we had - and from the looks of it we're dumping both of them in consecutive seasons.

Cromartie is only definitely here for 1 more season: 2013.  Next year his cap hit is $15M, and unless the Jets extend a 30 year-old CB (after they just drafted Milliner at #9), Cro has zero incentive to restructure or take any type of pay cut.

Could be - in fact I'd say today it's more likely than not - that next year our CBs will be Milliner and Wilson.  So Rex needs two premiere veteran CBs - which we had - and from the looks of it we're dumping both of them in consecutive seasons.

that is probably true but many teams go cheap at this position. Dee and Wilson are two former first rounders, (and would it surprise anyone if they went CB again rd 1, post Cro?)

that is probably true but many teams go cheap at this position. Dee and Wilson are two former first rounders, (and would it surprise anyone if they went CB again rd 1, post Cro?)

You just said we were set with Cro.  It is my opinion we are set with Cro for less than 12 months.

Wilson - what does it matter where he was drafted 3 years later? Heading into year 4 he's either good or he isn't.  And he isn't.  If he turns it around, goodie for us.  But until then a GM has to prepare for what he's shown to be, not what you want him to be.

So absent drafting Milliner, next year at CB we'd have Wilson (with 1 year left on his rookie deal) and nobody.  Yeah, CB is totally a position we're set at for years & years.

You know we're not winning the SB this year, right? So what do I care if they fill an immediate need just for the 2013 season? I don't and neither should you.

Boom! Sperm all over your face.

Another hour passed without the FO saying anything negative about Rex. They must REALLY be loving him right now. Momentum!

Just accept it bro.  Rex is here for good.  Your denial is making you look a little pathetic. 

<3

Archived