ESPN Poops on Jets- What else is new

Be_a_Jet

ESPN poops on Jets.... in other news you need air to breath.

ESPN makes some list on the franchises of the future (meaning 2014-2016 apparently) and basically writes who is set up more for success, not surprisingly they ranked the Jets DEAD LAST. I would link the article but it was one of those "Insider" articles that only morons who pay money for dumb opinions get to see. There is a video tho, which i am too lazy to link.

Anyways, with all these "lists" I honestly think these people get to the bottom 5, and are like "hmmm well the Jags and Raiders are obviously worse than the Jets presently and worse set up for the future but thats boring so lets just put the Jets dead last, thatll make a good story" 

Our defense is stacked with quality young players on the D-line and in the secondary, our O-line can hold its own, we just took the top QB in the most recent draft and after this season, which admittedly will be tough, we will have another high draft pick and we should be WAY under the salary cap and in prime position to sign some impact players. We have been quite relevant for the most part over the past 10 years with numerous playoff appearances (and wins) as recently as the 2010-2011 season. Teams like the Raiders, Jags, Bills, Rams, Browns, Dolphins, Chargers, etc. haven't been relevant at all for 10+ years.

If there's one thing I've learned in my 30+ years of being a Jets fan....its that people love to hate the Jets.  I've never really understood it, the Jets havent won sh*t in 40+ years.  Typically the hated teams are ones that see a decent amount of success.  Its a strange thing.  

The only logical thing I can come up with is that we have an lot of fans like TomShane out there and I cant blame anyone for a hating a team with an abundance of fans like Tom. 

They are not far from the truth.

When you do not distinctly who your qb of the future is, and you are about to change coaches, that does not set you up well for the future,

But, that can change quickly.

Some Jet fans seem to like to think that they are somehow picked on.

They are not far from the truth.

When you do not distinctly who your qb of the future is, and you are about to change coaches, that does not set you up well for the future,

But, that can change quickly.

Some Jet fans seem to like to think that they are somehow picked on.

lol - what?  So all your pounding of the fire Rex drum and the Jets arent even going to benefit from it?

If there's one thing I've learned in my 30+ years of being a Jets fan....its that people love to hate the Jets. I've never really understood it, the Jets havent won sh*t in 40+ years. Typically the hated teams are ones that see a decent amount of success. Its a strange thing.

The only logical thing I can come up with is that we have an lot of fans like TomShane out there and I cant blame anyone for a hating a team with an abundance of fans like Tom.

You live in a swamp and have the luxury of getting to actively seek out Jets news that fits your personal tastes. We live in the metropolitan area, also known as the First World, where we are saturated with every piece of Jets trivia that comes down the pike. In sum, we're informed, and you're an ignorant clowndick.

You live in a swamp and have the luxury of getting to actively seek out Jets news that fits your personal tastes. We live in the metropolitan area, also known as the First World, where we are saturated with every piece of Jets trivia that comes down the pike. In sum, we're informed, and you're an ignorant clowndick.

Yeah but my clowndick is bigger than yours. 

Are Jets NFL's worst team ... in 2016 ?

Wednesday that looked three years into the future and ranked all 32
teams. There were many factors involved, including quarterback, coaching
stability, strength of the front office and overall talent on the
roster.

After putting all 32 teams under the microscope, it was determined three

years from now the New York Jets have the least chance of turning their

organization around. The Jets were ranked dead last based on the

aforementioned factors.

"To resurrect the franchise, the Jets are going to need to draft
well and spend smarter than what occurred under the previous regime,”
ESPN.com’s Field Yates writes. “There's talent on both the offensive
line with Nick Mangold and D'Brickashaw Ferguson protecting whoever

takes the snaps and Muhammad Wilkerson anchoring a promising

defensive front seven. The Jets are in desperate need of offensive

skill players.”

Here is how our NFL Insiders panel ranked AFC East teams three

years from now :

• No. 32: New York Jets

According to our panel, it could be much of the same in the AFC East
for the next three years. The Patriots will still be, far and away, the
dominant team in the division, even with quarterback Tom Brady at

age 39. There isn’t much confidence in the Dolphins making the jump

over the next three seasons or the Bills.

Overall, it’s extremely hard to predict the future of the NFL three
years from now. There are surprises each year, and every right

or wrong decision impacts a franchise.

But I think success over the next several seasons will mostly come
down to good coaching and strong quarterback play. The Patriots have
both, while other AFC East teams are trying to achieve that same level
of consistency in those areas.

> http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/60373/are-jets-the-nfls-worst-team-in-2016

lol

Yeah but my clowndick is bigger than yours. 

LOL

No one cares who's set up well for the future on special teams, so there's offense & defense & cap room to keep the players you want to keep plus bring in new players as needed.

Jets are set up well on defense.  Long-term they probably need 1 safety and/or 1 LB.  But every team needs one player here or there every year; no one has their entire team locked up long-term.

On offense, we're going to have a killer OL unless all 3 guys we drafted are flops.  We have a couple of RBs as well, if they can stay out of the infirmary or out of jail.  We have obvious holes at QB, WR, and TE (and the first of those holes is only if Geno Smith flops).  

The team is in GREAT long-term cap shape.

While I won't say I see the light at the end of the tunnel until we have a good, sure thing starter at QB, to say we are in the single, absolute worst future shape of all 32 teams is ridiculous.

No one cares who's set up well for the future on special teams, so there's offense & defense & cap room to keep the players you want to keep plus bring in new players as needed.

Jets are set up well on defense. Long-term they probably need 1 safety and/or 1 LB. But every team needs one player here or there every year; no one has their entire team locked up long-term.

On offense, we're going to have a killer OL unless all 3 guys we drafted are flops. We have a couple of RBs as well, if they can stay out of the infirmary or out of jail. We have obvious holes at QB, WR, and TE (and the first of those holes is only if Geno Smith flops).

The team is in GREAT long-term cap shape.

While I won't say I see the light at the end of the tunnel until we have a good, sure thing starter at QB, to say we are in the single, absolute worst future shape of all 32 teams is ridiculous.

So, aside from the fact that we have major problems at 3 out of the 4 positions that put the points on the board, we are in pretty good shape.

So, aside from the fact that we have major problems at 3 out of the 4 positions that put the points on the board, we are in pretty good shape.

Yes.

There are teams with problems at QB and WR and TE as well as huge problems on defense and maybe RB as well and will have tens of millions less to improve the team than we'll have starting next year.

So in that regard, we are not in the worst shape overall as a team.  We are in arguably the worst shape as far as the passing game (not to minimize it, given its importance).  But there are teams with bad passing games and bad running games and/or bad defenses on top of that (not to mention not having the cap space to fill in the gaps that drafts didn't fill).  We are not in that type of bad shape.

And there's also that chance that we're not that bad off at QB.  That's something no one knows.  But if Smith pans out, and all we need are a WR or two and a TE? 2-3 players really isn't a lot to add for a team with a zillion draft picks and gobs of cap room.

Yes.

There are teams with problems at QB and WR and TE as well as huge problems on defense and maybe RB as well and will have tens of millions less to improve the team than we'll have starting next year.

So in that regard, we are not in the worst shape overall as a team.  We are in arguably the worst shape as far as the passing game (not to minimize it, given its importance).  But there are teams with bad passing games and bad running games and/or bad defenses on top of that (not to mention not having the cap space to fill in the gaps that drafts didn't fill).  We are not in that type of bad shape.

And there's also that chance that we're not that bad off at QB.  That's something no one knows.  But if Smith pans out, and all we need are a WR or two and a TE? 2-3 players really isn't a lot to add for a team with a zillion draft picks and gobs of cap room.

I kind of agree with you , you can't rebuild a team 1 year , i like to see the Jets  draft some good player , if Smith pans out the Jets are ahead of the game

What are the Pats weapons exactly. A TE who is falling apart. Another TE ready for jail time. A RB by committee. An undrafted runt who's always hurt at WR and a 40 year QB. And a horrible defense with a good ILB. How old will Wilfork be by then?

Just saying.

Our defense is stacked with quality young players on the D-line and in the secondary, our O-line can hold its own, we just took the top QB in the most recent draft and after this season, which admittedly will be tough, we will have another high draft pick and we should be WAY under the salary cap and in prime position to sign some impact players. We have been quite relevant for the most part over the past 10 years with numerous playoff appearances (and wins) as recently as the 2010-2011 season. Teams like the Raiders, Jags, Bills, Rams, Browns, Dolphins, Chargers, etc. haven't been relevant at all for 10+ years.

Our offense can hold its own? LOL, its own what?

Long term question marks at QB and Coach as well as a first time General Manager put us last on the list. Not sure why being ranked last is so egregious. If they were ranked 6th from the bottom - would that really make a difference to people..... 

ESPN has truly morphed into a trolling operation, and they're not even good at that. I'm the last guy to demonize the media, but ESPN has basically given up any hope of being a credible news source. I'm hoping Deadspin does a montage of the way ESPN has handled its coverage of the NBA Finals, for instance--with every talking head contradicting themselves at every turn. When the Heat win: "is Lebron better than Jordan?????" When the Spurs win: "Is Lebron overrated?????" When the Heat win: "Can the Big Three get 12 titles???" When the Spurs win: "Why don't people respect the Spurs (even though we never show them or talk about them because we'd prefer to show you nine-million Blake Griffin dunks on a loop every night instead)"

ESPN has truly morphed into a trolling operation, and they're not even good at that. I'm the last guy to demonize the media, but ESPN has basically given up any hope of being a credible news source. I'm hoping Deadspin does a montage of the way ESPN has handled its coverage of the NBA Finals, for instance--with every talking head contradicting themselves at every turn. When the Heat win: "is Lebron better than Jordan?????" When the Spurs win: "Is Lebron overrated?????" When the Heat win: "Can the Big Three get 12 titles???" When the Spurs win: "Why don't people respect the Spurs (even though we never show them or talk about them because we'd prefer to show you nine-million Blake Griffin dunks on a loop every night instead)"

haaa nailed it. Worst part is, have you ever heard "Analysts" on ESPN say blame something on the "media" meanwhile they are at the very center of perpetuating all the nonesense! 

"Teams no long want tebow because of the unneccessary Tebow-mania media coverage that comes with it"....hmm ESPN who is at the center of that? 

(personally though im glad tebow is gone, he sucks"

I disagree, I think the jets are doing an ok job clearing house for a rebuild next year, but a teams rep in football is always tied to the QB's rep

right now we have butt fumble and draft slider, the doofus duo

I keep hearing abt the stocked d we have. We have 1 proven d lineman and 1 proven cb maybe that's a bit of a optimism ?

We have no safetys , LBs and no pass rusher !

Pretty undeniable to me...ESPN is a big joke. They've made it a secret mission to cater to trolls and bandwagon fans. Can't wait for the next big sports network to bump them out and take over the market. 

Archived