Everybody needs..........

Section 333

I saw some positives last night.

- Our receivers didn't look nearly as bad as everyone says they are. Gates, Kerley, and Spadola (a rookie UDFA) all made plays with the ones.

- Our top two TEs made plays. I thought Winslow looked good for a guy who hasn't played much the last couple of years.

- Since I'm already talking about the supposed lack of talent on offense, I saw receivers getting open quite often. I'd like to think it's because we finally have a competent OC.

- The starting defense looked pretty good against a very talented offense.

- I thought Sanchez looked Ok after that initial screwup.

Obviously there were negatives as well ( lot of penalties, Sanchez throwing a screen to a d-linemen, and some depth concerns), but I came away from this game feeling better about the team than I did after any preseason game last year.

Austin would have been great. Maybe a scat back in the later rounds? I'm too tired to go back and look at the draft right now. lol Could he have traded for someone? Maybe someone will open up before the season. Seems like we need a homerun threat someplace in this offense.

I think that's the role they expect(ed) Goodson to fill. Hopefully he comes back, sooner rather than later.

The Jets will clearly be all over the mini-draft looking for potential offensive playmakers, though. TE, WR, RB, QB... They can use help at all of them.

The only good thing that Sanchez did tonight was that last touchdown drive where he hit Cumberland in the endzone. where the heck was that Sanchez the past two seasons. The pick six he threw to Ansah was so typical that it is a signature play for Mark Sanchez. LoL

Sanchez has pretty much always been able to have one drive a game where he looks like a top QB.

I think that's the role they expect(ed) Goodson to fill. Hopefully he comes back, sooner rather than later.

The Jets will clearly be all over the mini-draft looking for potential offensive playmakers, though. TE, WR, RB, QB... They can use help at all of them.

Agreed, none of the injury prone, convicted felons that were picked up this offseason look to be working out. The mini draft is going to be bigger this year then ever.

The Jets won 6 games last year.  The offense will be better this year and the defense will be better.  Not sure how that equals 4.  Don't believe the negative hype.

2 years ago we won 8 games. Drafted Coples to "make our defense better" got rid of schotty to "make our offense better" and yet somehow we lost more games.  It has nothing to do with hype, it has to do with living in reality. It is going to be a long long season for jets fans no matter who the QB is.

2 years ago we won 8 games. Drafted Coples to "make our defense better" got rid of schotty to "make our offense better" and yet somehow we lost more games.  It has nothing to do with hype, it has to do with living in reality. It is going to be a long long season for jets fans no matter who the QB is.

They went 6 and 10 with the worst offense imaginable.  So if they get better QB play they will be much better than last year.  This defense can win 7 games by having the offense simply go 3 and out each series and never turn the ball over.

It has everything to do with hype.  There is this cess pool of negativity where a lot of people can't seem to believe that anything good can happen.  Good can happen.

Given how this guy writes his thread titles - with so much suspense fail - I have to assume he's one of those guys who always has to trump other peoples stories at a party, and his anti-climactic payoff is always preceded with "wait for it .................... wait for it ..............." 

Given how this guy writes his thread titles - with so much suspense fail - I have to assume he's one of those guys who always has to trump other peoples stories at a party, and his anti-climactic payoff is always preceded with "wait for it .................... wait for it ..............." 

No need to comment on other peoples writing styles.

They went 6 and 10 with the worst offense imaginable.  So if they get better QB play they will be much better than last year.  This defense can win 7 games by having the offense simply go 3 and out each series and never turn the ball over.

It has everything to do with hype.  There is this cess pool of negativity where a lot of people can't seem to believe that anything good can happen.  Good can happen.

You are assuming better QB play with most likely the same QB that has 52 turnovers over two years-does not compute

You are assuming better QB play with most likely the same QB that has 52 turnovers over two years-does not compute

With a new offensive coordinator it is going to be almost impossible for the Jets to not improve on offense.  Last year (for whatever reason) they brought in a backup QB and even though Sanchez was terrible they didn't use him.  They should have made McElroy the backup then.  But it was just a train wreck that you don't see every year.

If Sanchez plays poorly, he won't play.  That wasn't the case last year.  That is the case this year.

That is the main reason they will be better.  The defensive is younger and more athletic. They will be fine.  Any improvement at all out of the offense, which is almost impossible to not improve upon will lead to a better season.  That's all I am saying.

Archived