Mafia forum off season chat thread

Somebody hold me while I whimper quietly?

Hello,
Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me.
Is there anyone at home?

Come on now
I hear you're feeling down
Well, I can ease your pain
And get you on your feet again

Relax
I'll need some information first
Just the basic facts
Can you show me where it hurts?

There is no pain, you are receding
A distant ship smoke on the horizon
You are only coming through in waves
Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying
When I was a child I had a fever
My hands felt just like two balloons
Now I've got that feeling once again
I can't explain, you would not understand
This is not how I am
I have become comfortably numb

I have become comfortably numb

O.K.
Just a little pin prick
There'll be no more aaaaaaaah!
But you may feel a little sick

Can you stand up?
I do believe it's working, good
That'll keep you going through the show
Come on, it's time to go.

There is no pain you are receding
A distant ship smoke on the horizon
You are only coming through in waves
Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying
When I was a child
I caught a fleeting glimpse
Out of the corner of my eye
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown
The dream is gone
I have become comfortably numb.

• Upvote 1

Hi everyone!! Our baby girl, Elizabeth Christine, arrived last week! We are so in love with everything about her.

I want to post a few pictures but don't want to leave them up forever here. How long after posting am I able to edit my post? - Or if anyone wants tons of pictures you can PM me so we can be Facebook friends. :)

I can remove anything instantly.  Or users hosting site and you can always remove them there.

congratulatons.  It's a blessing and the only job you will love  without ever getting a day off.  Happy for you two.

• Upvote 2

Hi everyone!! Our baby girl, Elizabeth Christine, arrived last week! We are so in love with everything about her.

I want to post a few pictures but don't want to leave them up forever here. How long after posting am I able to edit my post? - Or if anyone wants tons of pictures you can PM me so we can be Facebook friends. :)

Congratulations to you and JVOR.

• Upvote 2

She's the absolute best.

She's just over 2 now. Quite a little conversationalist. Very compassionate, curious, and empathetic. Analytical, she can read a room, she takes in everything, and the school we have her in is telling us she's verbally advanced. She can take the melody of a song we've taught her, and make up her own words for example. She's such a well-behaved kid it amazes me at times... Self-entertains for long chunks of time, and when she needs/wants entertainment it's more like she seeks out engagement, than attention. She keeps us busy, but in only the best ways possible.

Right now, the biggest challenge we face with her, is that she's suddenly afraid to take a bath. We haven't been able to figure out why, so it's a bit of a meltdown at bath time... but you can't really complain about her being scared, it's not like she's having a tantrum.

How has the pregnancy been? JVOY spoiling you adequately? :)

That is awesome to hear and sounds like so much fun. :) I can't believe how quickly it feels like this first week has already flown by.

The first half of the pregnancy was rough, but it got easier as it went along. I'm definitely happy to not be pregnant anymore!

Congratulations!!

Elizabeth is a good name. That's our little girl's name too. Very happy for you all, and the pictures are adorable... it makes me wish we'd paid for a baby photoshoot. :)

we've actually been pregnant twice this year... just not meant to be yet... but we're trying!

Hey good luck man, keep trying lol. As an only child I've got to say I would have loved a sibling.

Are you guys planning on stopping at 2?

I'm ready for Mafia.

Somebody hold me while I whimper quietly?

Ready to learn.

Hi.  My body and mind are ready for mafia. 

I have a theme request if nobody minds.

Rocky. I've recently watched almost all the movies for the first time.

All I have left is Rocky Balboa from 2006 and the new movie Creed.

Hey good luck man, keep trying lol. As an only child I've got to say I would have loved a sibling.

Are you guys planning on stopping at 2?

I'm about to turn 40, so yea, we'd stop at 2. The goal was to have a 2nd already. Life can be unfair at times, but  on the other side of it, our first-born is an absolute heaven-sent angel... 

Good luck. I can't imagine how hard it is to lose a baby. I hope the third time is the charm. 

The first was called a chemical pregnancy, it sucked, but frankly we didn't know and it was over 3 weeks after I got her pregnant. The 2nd was tough... 9 weeks we had a heartbeat, 11 weeks we had a traumatizing miscarriage at home. Anyway, sorry, we should be talking about the chubby little DanVoy baby.

oh boy i missed this before responding.. sorry to hear it ape

Don't sweat it. The litter joke was funny.