The NFL's new circus franchise?

Matt39

http://thepewterplank.com/2013/09/1...aptains-ballot-tampering-josh-freeman-course/

In a totally unsurprising move, head coach Greg Schiano has denied a report from Pro Football Talk that the voting for team captains was modified. You can read more on my thoughts about the initial report by clicking here.

Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times spoke to Schiano about the report. You can read the details here. But here is a direct quote from Schiano about the voting process:

The players vote. The votes are tabulated by me. 

So in other words, even though Schiano denied the allegations, we still don’t know if the rumors of the players questioning the legitimacy of the voting are true.

Schiano completely denies any tampering or changing of votes, but if he’s the only person handling votes, it becomes a “he said, he said” situation. If Schiano is dishonest enough to tamper with the voting process, he’s also dishonest enough to lie to the media about it.

Likewise, “league sources” like the ones quoted in the initial Pro Football Talk article can be unreliable or biased, so at this point the general public has no idea which side to believe.

It’s doubtful that we’ll ever know the full truth of this situation, but the Buccaneers’ locker room is on the verge of a breakdown if there’s a lack of trust with the leadership. And if the team fails to win either of its next two difficult games, an 0-3 team will certainly have even more rumors an allegations surfacing from the locker room.

Winning teams rarely have these sorts of issues and reports. But teams that have split locker rooms and a distrust for coaches also don’t win very often. So it’s a vicious cycle.

The only thing we know for sure is that we haven’t heard the last of this situation.

Someone explain to me how Josh Freeman is any better than Sanchez........At least Josh has talent.....an elite RB, and elite WR, a very good WR2, and a great offensive line

this bucs "circus" thing??  yeah its real

http://tbo.com/sports/bucs/freeman-misses-buccaneers-annual-team-photo-20130911/

TAMPA — Embattled quarterback Josh Freeman did not show up last week for the team photo of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Multiple sources with knowledge of the situation confirmed that Freeman was late and did not participate in the annual team photo, which was held a few days before Tampa Bay players voted for team captains.

Freeman was not selected, despite having been a team captain since 2010.

When asked to comment on his absence from the team photo, Freeman responded with a text message to the Tribune: “You know I can’t do Buc non-sanctioned interviews.’’

Freeman, a first-round draft pick out of Kansas State in 2009, is in the final year of his rookie contract. He played poorly down the stretch last year as the Bucs lost five of their final six games to finish 7-9 after a 6-4 start.

In Sunday’s 18-17 loss to the Jets in the season opener, Freeman completed only 15 of 31 pass attempts and threw a second-quarter interception that blunted Tampa Bay’s momentum.

It’s not the first time Freeman was late to a function.

In June, Freeman was late on the first day of his football camp for kids at Wesley Chapel High School. Wide receiver Vincent Jackson filled in for Freeman, who said his absence was due to car trouble.

The 25-year-old Freeman is 24-33 as a starter for the Buccaneers, who face New Orleans in Sunday’s home opener.

Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano flatly denied on Wednesday a story on the Pro Football Talk website suggesting votes to determine the team captains might have been manipulated.

“That story is 100 percent inaccurate,’’ said Schiano, who acknowledged he tabulated the votes by Tampa Bay players last week.

Jackson and guard Davin Joseph were elected offensive team captains over quarterback Freeman, who had worn a “C’’ since his breakthrough 2010 season, when he led the Bucs to a 10-6 mark in his first full season as a starter.

According to Pro Football Talk, a league source said questions about the legitimacy of the vote came up at a players-only meeting in the days before the loss to the Jets.

The circus started the second they hired that ass-clown. I honestly couldn't care less about Rutgers, but he dicked them over pretty good for the sake of a higher salary and then just bailed anyways. That and it would be nice to see the "I just want to be on a winning team....and be compensate for my abilities" Revis, turn into the "i just want to be compensated for my abilities"

The circus started the second they hired that ass-clown. I honestly couldn't care less about Rutgers, but he dicked them over pretty good for the sake of a higher salary and then just bailed anyways. That and it would be nice to see the "I just want to be on a winning team....and be compensate for my abilities" Revis, turn into the "i just want to be compensated for my abilities"

Sad thing is that Schiano is still a pretty significant upgrade over what they had before him. 

Yep, Tampa has a pretty good collection of talent down there, but they are terribly coached - as we saw week 1 and most of last season.

Yep, Tampa has a pretty good collection of talent down there, but they are terribly coached - as we saw week 1 and most of last season.

how any big league franchise (?) could hire a guy who could only get a job at  Rutgers boggled my mind in the first place.  As for the circus atmosphere---well, Revis just joined that team, so it must be his fault.

A bigger circus that our team right now? Tough sell.

$16 million for a cornerback clinches it. For the life of me, how the f___ did the Glalzers go for that for such a woeful sh!thouse squad?As if the defense playing 10 on 10 made up for Freeman and what ever idiocy they have on defense.  On this one point Idzik totally snookered them.

how any big league franchise (?) could hire a guy who could only get a job at  Rutgers boggled my mind in the first place.  As for the circus atmosphere---well, Revis just joined that team, so it must be his fault.

He's Belichick's buddy

Archived