Geno's mechanics are off, says QB mentor Scott Brunner

Matt39

I think Geno already has a pretty good grip on the mental aspects.  HIs problem seems to be purely, or almost exclusively his fundamentals.  If he can get the time to focus on just those and not having to worry about game plans, reading Ds, scoring points, etc., with his athletic intelligence, athleticism and work ethic, he should be able to fix them with a quality QB coach like Lee.

Klecko Im not sure how you can say he has a pretty good grip on the mental aspect when hes obviously making mental errors.

In an earlier post Sperm pointed out in the first game Geno was throwing the ball away, in the Pats game he seemed to go away from that strategy (which is always good for a rookie QB) and throw 3 ints one costing us the potential tieing field goal. As a rookie the goal in that situation is to MAKE sure you don't screw up the potential Tie and that's exactly what Geno did.

He has a lot to learn about the pro game and he even has to learn some things he basically not done much of which is taking a snap under center which will take time. (which you have mentioned as well)

Over all I still think our WR group are a bunch of misfits and I feel they have been for years. Its not just about talent with them they just do not seem like a very bright bunch and do not seem to recognize things the defense is doing the hot reads have been a hot joke as long as I can remember. This hurts Genos development as well. I made these statements in Sanchez' development so its only fair I make them in Genos as well I think our skill sets on offense hurt both QB's and will possibly continue to hurt Geno.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, did not want to argue the point to death. I thought Geno threw off his back foot and flat footed a few times.

Shoooting a basketball and throwing a football are similar when it comes to having perfect form, it's useless if you do have confidence.

i agree with that!

or you can just be narcissistic like me and think every single shot i take will go in lol

Sorry, did not want to argue the point to death. I thought Geno threw off his back foot and flat footed a few times.

Shoooting a basketball and throwing a football are similar when it comes to having perfect form, it's useless if you don't have confidence.

Klecko Im not sure how you can say he has a pretty good grip on the mental aspect when hes obviously making mental errors.

In an earlier post Sperm pointed out in the first game Geno was throwing the ball away, in the Pats game he seemed to go away from that strategy (which is always good for a rookie QB) and throw 3 ints one costing us the potential tieing field goal. As a rookie the goal in that situation is to MAKE sure you don't screw up the potential Tie and that's exactly what Geno did.

Green light - yellow light - red light?

Green light - yellow light - red light?

you know it was not so bad they put that in place it was how they went about it that pissed me off. That's something they could have kept internal and not blab it out across the entire media. If they do Implement something with Geno I hope they don't embarrass the sh*t out of him like they did Sanchez

He has a lot to learn about the pro game and he even has to learn some things he basically not done much of which is taking a snap under center which will take time. (which you have mentioned as well)

Over all I still think our WR group are a bunch of misfits and I feel they have been for years. Its not just about talent with them they just do not seem like a very bright bunch and do not seem to recognize things the defense is doing the hot reads have been a hot joke as long as I can remember. This hurts Genos development as well. I made these statements in Sanchez' development so its only fair I make them in Genos as well I think our skill sets on offense hurt both QB's and will possibly continue to hurt Geno.

He was throwing balls away in the Pats game. In the 4th quarter is when he started risking it. My guess is he felt the pressure of having to come back and win it, and started forcing things.

I was referring to people who decide to take lessons AFTER playing & deciding they like the "sport." Also in golf no one is doing something to alter what you're doing (there is no one playing defense to alter your stroke mid-swing).  But while most aren't very good at golf, it's also true that most don't take lesson after lesson and only then start to play round after round.  For a lot of people it's the exact opposite & most wish they'd "done it right" from the start.

in golf no one is doing something to alter what you're doing (there is no one playing defense to alter your stroke mid-swing).

The Hell there isn't, my mind is like the ******* 86 Bears mid swing!

in golf no one is doing something to alter what you're doing (there is no one playing defense to alter your stroke mid-swing).

The Hell there isn't, my mind is like the ******* 86 Bears mid swing!

do you inhale or exhale during your backswing ?

It depends upon what you mean by the "mental aspect."  I was referring to his poise.  Even when he makes a mistake, he looks poised and under control, he doesn't have that wild-eyed look and actions of Sanchez.  He also seems to know the offense pretty well.  Is he set?  No, far from it.  If you're referring more to throwing the ball away, not locking onto receivers, then yes, he still has a lot to learn.

I was referring to people who decide to take lessons AFTER playing & deciding they like the "sport." Also in golf no one is doing something to alter what you're doing (there is no one playing defense to alter your stroke mid-swing). But while most aren't very good at golf, it's also true that most don't take lesson after lesson and only then start to play round after round. For a lot of people it's the exact opposite & most wish they'd "done it right" from the start.

This is why they should fire Rex for the Sanchez injury....not because Sanchez was looking great this year, but because the injury forced us to commit the same mistake with Geno that we did with Sanchez.

This is why they should fire Rex for the Sanchez injury....not because Sanchez was looking great this year, but because the injury forced us to commit the same mistake with Geno that we did with Sanchez.

Right. Okay.  THIS is the reason they should fire Rex.

How about Sanchez just avoiding a f*cking pass rush for once instead of just standing there like a friggin' dumb animal caught in someone's headlights? Simms doesn't have 1/100th Sanchez's experience and he played every snap of every game behind that line without so much as a scratch.  And it's not because they protected him better; he moved out of the f*cking way.

Sanchez got Sanchez injured.  Deal with it.

Right. Okay. THIS is the reason they should fire Rex.

How about Sanchez just avoiding a f*cking pass rush for once instead of just standing there like a friggin' dumb animal caught in someone's headlights? Simms doesn't have 1/100th Sanchez's experience and he played every snap of every game behind that line without so much as a scratch. And it's not because they protected him better; he moved out of the f*cking way.

Sanchez got Sanchez injured. Deal with it.

It should have been the nail in the coffin. You put tr starter behind guys who are not even on the team amymore.

This is saying a lot, but these are possibly the dumbest two comments I have heard on the board this year. Well done.

I guess I missed something. 

Was Sanchez the starter?

Do players competing for a starting job(or any player for that matter) run the risk of getting hurt during preseason?

This is saying a lot, but these are possibly the dumbest two comments I have heard on the board this year. Well done.

Rex still says that Sanchez hadn't won the competition.  If the competition was over, Sanchez wouldn't have been in there.  

And if you can't respond without insults it's best not to respond at all.  Poopie-head.

The feeling of JN when Smashmouth was right...

if I inadvertently agreed with smashmouth in anyway Id like to either retract those comments or be given an opportunity to discover pertinent differences in our positions (or how we arrived at them) that firmly establish the inherent discord between us

Rex still says that Sanchez hadn't won the competition. If the competition was over, Sanchez wouldn't have been in there.

And if you can't respond without insults it's best not to respond at all. Poopie-head.

So even though when Simms was giving a performance against practice squad guys it was "garbage time," when Sanchez is in there against them, it is competition. Also, Geno was playing the first teamers for the first half, so how was that a valid comparison for the two? Face it, this was a poor decision.

So even though when Simms was giving a performance against practice squad guys it was "garbage time," when Sanchez is in there against them, it is competition. Also, Geno was playing the first teamers for the first half, so how was that a valid comparison for the two? Face it, this was a poor decision.

I don't give a crap since Sanchez is not a starting QB.  Salary aside, he deserves no better treatment than Simms at this point. Simms has zero NFL experience and managed to not get injured for what, 4 games? Sanchez goes in there for a handful of snaps and - after fumbling away a possession - gets himself injured because in year 5 he still can't avoid a pass rush.

And the way a competition works, is each player gets work - some with first team, some with second team.  Back and forth, back and forth.  So Sanchez - and Sanchez alone - is to be immune? To get special treatment afforded to no one else? He is total useless garbage and has no future with the Jets.  If one has a choice (not that any coach or fan actually wants anyone to get injured), better that Sanchez gets injured than Simms, frankly..

The last person who should be taking snaps from center (among the 3) is Sanchez. 

Archived