Game Balls

Larz

Couldn't disagree more with you on the Manual comment.  Kid was under an assault on every play.  Sacked 8 times, and 16 QB hits.   Never turned the ball over.   The Jets D front had a sensational game today, and Manual kept the Bills in it until the end

Yeah but this isn't just about today.   He didn't look that impressive against the Panthers, he just had that one wide open play that everybody loved.  He wasn't all that inspiring against the Patriots either.   

So while the Jets D-Line had a great game,  Geno looks like a kid improving and EJ looks like a kid who isn't very good.

Hard to just single out just one defensive player, they're all playing so damned solid. Sheldon, MoWilk and Snacks are absolutely terrific, and that's no hyperbole.  Harris has looked better and Davis has been fantastic, both of which I'm sure has a lot to do with how amazing the Dline is playing; Re: Ray Lewis after they drafted Ngata. 

I know Tennessee won today and Locker has been looking a bit better, but if the defense can maintain that type of intensity against the titans, there's just no way I see Jake doing anything against our defense

EdIt: Powell deserves some serious props for his game, great job.  Pettine shifted coverage over the top of Hill after his first half, Santonio had a great game and Kerley was a deciding factor early on and on third downs.  Oh and Geno once again throws an absolute dime while stepping straight up into a tackle; dude's got some serious cajones. 

Powell gets the game ball.  The Defense gets the other one with 8 sacks.   

And while I still think Geno has a long way to go,  I like his chances for more than EJ Manual.  Manual just looks terrible most of the time.  He looks like a QB who has no clue how to be an NFL QB.  

Whereas Geno looks avg most of the time, makes a nice play, makes a bad play, but seems to make some great throws to show you he can improve the more experience he gets.

+1.  Agree with ya all the way

Yeah but this isn't just about today.   He didn't look that impressive against the Panthers, he just had that one wide open play that everybody loved.  He wasn't all that inspiring against the Patriots either.   

So while the Jets D-Line had a great game,  Geno looks like a kid improving and EJ looks like a kid who isn't very good.

This is a fun night and I'm not going to get in a negative discussion comparing Manual and Smith.  That would be silly.  To say that Manual wasn't impressive for a rookie against the Pats or Panthers is baffling to me.

That being said, Smith has an excellent arm, and he and Hill are going to become a combo teams are going to have to be very concerned about. 

Forget about the QB's.   What I'm excited about from this team is the front 7 of the defense.  This, IMO, is about to become one of the most dominating units in the entire NFL.

if the offense doesn't turn the ball over 2-3 times a game the way they have been, this team is going to win a lot of football games

Aside from some stark stupidity ... many, many, bright spots.

A rook QB that doesn't display deer in the headlights syndrome who flat threaded a few crucial passes to put points on the board.

Over 500 yards and 3 TD's of offense. 8 sacks and a ton of pressure  - we won this game without our D putting any points up or even getting us a turn over.

This season is going to have more good moments than many people anticipated.  

Aside from some stark stupidity ... many, many, bright spots.

A rook QB that doesn't display deer in the headlights syndrome who flat threaded a few crucial passes to put points on the board.

Over 500 yards and 3 TD's of offense. 8 sacks and a ton of pressure  - we won this game without our D putting any points up or even getting us a turn over.

This season is going to have more good moments than many people anticipated.  

Asterisk!!

Powell first, then Holmes.

On D it was a group effort, but probably Wilkerson deserves it the most.  Harrison continues to impress, Davis imo is most improved player from last year, Harris is playing well, and that td saving tackly by Cro was most impressive, and perhaps he is getting over his hip injury.

But for a coach getting a game ball, I think Marty deserves props.  What  great calls to go vertical at the right times, picking on weaknesses in Buffalo's secondary.  Changing it up to effect with wildcat plays that actually worked, and of course ample use of the running game.

David Harris is playing some of the best I have seen him. Demario Davis is developing into a good player

While Harris does look considerably leaner and quicker, having a dominant defensive line is probably playing a large factor into it.  It's very similar to how a handful of years ago Ray Lewis was contemplating retirement due to the constant beatings he was taking and ineffective play, but then once they drafted Ngata and a couple of those guys, his play suddenly increased and he stayed another half decade.

Archived