Stephen Hill has a concussion.

joewilly12

Kenny Britt improves this teams WR corps immediately and we have $$ to re-sign him next season.. ANYONE improves this WR corps over Gates and Obamanu.

So he can go all psycho in the offseason and miss the first 4 games ?

joewilly12, take note.  Smashmouth is probably the most prominent critic of our current weapons and our need to improve them.  Yet even he doesn't want Kenny Britt.  

kenny britt will likely be available for pennies on the dollar. When it happens, Britt returning to the NY/NJ Metro area is actually a move Idzik seems to like. Alot of his free agent attempts have been the homecoming variety. w/o looking it up, Goodson, Colon, Garrard, Garay all from around here. probably others im forgetting

kenny britt will likely be available for pennies on the dollar. When it happens, Britt returning to the NY/NJ Metro area is actually a move Idzik seems to like. Alot of his free agent attempts have been the homecoming variety. w/o looking it up, Goodson, Colon, Garrard, Garay all from around here. probably others im forgetting

Britt's from the area?  Cool.  He probably already has a posse so he won't have to go looking for one 

Yes, but Idzik also doesn't like sociopaths.

Stephen Hill has been diagnosed with a concussion.

Hill took a headshot from Titans S Michael Griffin on the second play of Sunday's loss and never returned. Now he'll enter the league's protocol and have to pass a battery of tests before gaining medical clearance. The good news is the Jets are on a long week as they'll face the Falcons on Week 5's Monday Night Football. With Hill and Santonio Holmes (hamstring) both in doubt, the Jets could be forced to start Jeremy Kerley and Clyde Gates at wideout. It's an awful situation for error-prone rookie QB Geno Smith.

We need to sign someone or make a trade for Kenny Britt.

Stephen Hill has been diagnosed with a concussion.

Hill took a headshot from Titans S Michael Griffin on the second play of Sunday's loss and never returned. Now he'll enter the league's protocol and have to pass a battery of tests before gaining medical clearance. The good news is the Jets are on a long week as they'll face the Falcons on Week 5's Monday Night Football. With Hill and Santonio Holmes (hamstring) both in doubt, the Jets could be forced to start Jeremy Kerley and Clyde Gates at wideout. It's an awful situation for error-prone rookie QB Geno Smith.

We need to sign someone or make a trade for Kenny Britt.

when is the league going to hand out 3 or 4 game suspensions for these dirty hits?  that is the only effective way to stop it.

when is the league going to hand out 3 or 4 game suspensions for these dirty hits?  that is the only effective way to stop it.

They do.  It's a graduated system that starts with fines and moves toward suspensions. 

Remember when Eric Smith was suspended (1 game) for having Boldin bounce off his helmet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9RfJwSkMU8

And that was an unintentional play on the ball. 

Many say hes close to a 4 game suspension. Who knows anyone out there is 10x better than Gates and Obamanu.

I agree, rebuilding and giving up years while you are doing it just doesnt happen today. Jets need help now.

Many say hes close to a 4 game suspension. Who knows anyone out there is 10x better than Gates and Obamanu.

Actually, I believe his next infraction is a full year suspension, that's where the biggest hesitation from.  He's obviously a superior talent, but the fact that he hasn't shown he's grown up at all, makes that one year hit loom a little closer than you'd like.  He is still on that rookie deal though, so it's a toss up.

He did what they asked him to do. The guy is still a good WR if he can get 100% healthy.

Asked? lol

The team demanded Holmes take this pay cut or they were releasing him before he could walk straight.  So he took the pay cut.  From just about the only team he'd be starting for as soon as he was making cuts.  No one else would have touched him until he was already healthy.  With the Jets he got to go along at his own pace.  And not for nothing, but his training at the Jets' first-class facility was also free.

They do.  It's a graduated system that starts with fines and moves toward suspensions. 

Remember when Eric Smith was suspended (1 game) for having Boldin bounce off his helmet?

I suppose what I mean is a 4 or even 6 games right away.  I know it is probably something they negotiate with the union, but these hits are cowardly and physically dangerous.  These clowns think they are tough guys ambushing these poor slobs.  The guy knew Hill did not have the ball.  He could not have lined it better if he had 30 seconds to do it.  It happens all the time and I think they should have near zero tolerance for it.  I am not talking about hits that are borderline or hits that bounce off a shoulder and get the helmet.  They have enough technology to make the determination after the fact.  It is these sitting duck head shots.  Terrible.  Yes, I remember the Smith hit.  I guess it was unintentional. That was still nasty.  But that is what I mean.  Some of these are more than vicious.  Like when lineman slam QBs to the ground and they whack their heads on the ground.  They are not trying to slam his head on the ground.  It is probably careless, but the DBs are premeditated.

Asked? lol

The team demanded Holmes take this pay cut or they were releasing him before he could walk straight.  So he took the pay cut.  From just about the only team he'd be starting for as soon as he was making cuts.  No one else would have touched him until he was already healthy.  With the Jets he got to go along at his own pace.  And not for nothing, but his training at the Jets' first-class facility was also free.

Why shouldn't it be free he was hurt on the job remember?  He could have rehabbed on his own according to the NFL players agreement he chose to be close to the team to learn Martys new offense being implemented. He was present at all mini-camps,training camps etc. He's not the same guy who took out frustrations on a weak QB in the huddle who wasn't getting him the ball. Without Holmes this WR corps would be way worse than it already is.

Man that was a scary play.  The way Boldin dropped to the ground, I seriously thought for a moment that he was dead.

Why shouldn't it be free he was hurt on the job remember?  He could have rehabbed on his own according to the NFL players agreement he chose to be close to the team to learn Martys new offense being implemented. He was present at all mini-camps,training camps etc. He's not the same guy who took out frustrations on a weak QB in the huddle who wasn't getting him the ball. Without Holmes this WR corps would be way worse than it already is.

That isn't what I was saying at all.  My point is he gets it for free by taking the pay cut down to his guaranteed amount.  If he was cut, he'd still get the same $7.5M salary from the Jets but would be rehabbing on his own dime.  This was no act of philanthropy or sacrifice on his part to take a pay cut for the good of the team, which is how I interpreted your comment.

I suppose what I mean is a 4 or even 6 games right away.  I know it is probably something they negotiate with the union, but these hits are cowardly and physically dangerous.  These clowns think they are tough guys ambushing these poor slobs.  The guy knew Hill did not have the ball.  He could not have lined it better if he had 30 seconds to do it.  It happens all the time and I think they should have near zero tolerance for it.  I am not talking about hits that are borderline or hits that bounce off a shoulder and get the helmet.  They have enough technology to make the determination after the fact.  It is these sitting duck head shots.  Terrible.  Yes, I remember the Smith hit.  I guess it was unintentional. That was still nasty.  But that is what I mean.  Some of these are more than vicious.  Like when lineman slam QBs to the ground and they whack their heads on the ground.  They are not trying to slam his head on the ground.  It is probably careless, but the DBs are premeditated.

A couple seasons back they had varied 'personal fouls'.  Remember when the refs would get together to determine whether it was a five-yard penalty (for incidental or mild stuff) or fifteen-yard penalties for flagrant fouls?  That was crap, too.   

But then this last weeks' "personal foul" where McIntyre "hit" Locker after he was tackled, made me miss those days.  World class athletes playing at full speed have limitations to their range of motion.  You can't just pull the E-brake from third gear and expect to stop on a dime. 

I can envision a nod to the other futball, where personal fouls start drawing yellow cards...and if there are repeated offenses in the same game, a player gets a red card (ejected) from the game.  The league can tie in fines through this system so its not so arbitrary.  For example, if you draw a yellow flag you get a fine.  If you get tossed from a game, you miss out on that week's paycheck.  In other words, players need to finish the entire game to draw their pay.  Or something of that nature.  

Archived