Well, we have no WR's again.

Matt39

Agreed.  But the pseudo intellectual member of the forum will say otherwise that the second coming that goes by the name of Matt Simms a 25 years old, posting a 47% completion in his Senior year at Tenn would have lit up the Falcons.  Just because they saw it doing it against third stream vanilla defense.  The madness won't stop until this guy go on the field and prove what most already know; that he is not even a backup in the NFL, just as our previous savior Gregg MacElroy.

he could not possibly be worse than the athlete currently being awarded the qb title.

I will believe that when I see it. Let him not turn the ball over first. Then I will believe that Geno has zero chance to succeed without turning the ball over.

If you don't invest in a position, ever, it's bound to bite you. Hill barely played last year, Holmes we knew had an injury and we didnt address the position at all via the draft. A rookie QB plus a pass happy OC and scrubs on the outside...something aint adding up. I admit I got excited after the Buffalo game...but the Jets offense always seems to get our hopes up against the Bills.

If you don't invest in a position, ever, it's bound to bite you. Hill barely played last year, Holmes we knew had an injury and we didnt address the position at all via the draft. A rookie QB plus a pass happy OC and scrubs on the outside...something aint adding up. I admit I got excited after the Buffalo game...but the Jets offense always seems to get our hopes up against the Bills.

A few of us fell for that last year week 1.  

I think not addressing WR was simply not being able to address everything and they already have a bunch of money tied up in the position.  They will get to it.  

The Legend of Ryan Spadola begins Sunday.

You'd think if they were going to play him he'd have seen the field on Sunday.  Obamanu was getting reps ahead of him and that guy was on the street a few weeks prior.

One positive Atlanta does not have as good a defense as Titans have.

Agreed.  I think that this offense will be stagnant/scary bad against good defenses, but may show some life against weaker D's, Even if the teams are better it may not matter.  For instance, I'm not surprised the Jets played a closer game with the Pats, but had trouble with the Titans.

I think not addressing WR was simply not being able to address everything and they already have a bunch of money tied up in the position.  They will get to it.  

You'd think if they were going to play him he'd have seen the field on Sunday.  Obamanu was getting reps ahead of him and that guy was on the street a few weeks prior.

Agreed.  I think that this offense will be stagnant/scary bad against good defenses, but may show some life against weaker D's, Even if the teams are better it may not matter.  For instance, I'm not surprised the Jets played a closer game with the Pats, but had trouble with the Titans.

I think we can move the ball and score on Atlanta- as we all know Geno and the team has to limit mistakes for us to to win

You would hope. But throwing Geno to the wolves on his first nationally televised game with the worst WR corp in football, and bringing in guys off the street....is absolutely pointless. We have zero chance of winning Monday. I dont understand bringing in a pass happy OC, with a rookie QB and not bringing in one decent option at wide out. They didnt even expect Holmes to be here at this point and Hill barely played last season. These were the guys they were counting on?

Enough of the CB's in the draft. Figure it out Rex. 

I'm gonna be an optimist and point out that in 2009, we went to the AFC title game with Chansi Stuckey and David Clowney as our WRs, and we had a far worse QB. Of course, our O-line was a rock back then.

Isn't Goodson returning?

Yea we started the season with Stuckey but traded him like week 4 for Braylon. 2009 Braylon and Cotchery> Kerley, Gates, and Nelson

You would hope. But throwing Geno to the wolves on his first nationally televised game with the worst WR corp in football, and bringing in guys off the street....is absolutely pointless. We have zero chance of winning Monday. I dont understand bringing in a pass happy OC, with a rookie QB and not bringing in one decent option at wide out. They didnt even expect Holmes to be here at this point and Hill barely played last season. These were the guys they were counting on?

Yeah, yeah, yeah.  The Falcons beat the Rams!  How can we possibly compete?

Rex has made sure that his side of the ball has plenty of young, up and coming talent and will use the great results of the defense as the impetus for getting his contract extended.  It just stinks because our skilled positon players on offense are way below league average.  Even take a guy like Cumberland who is probably one of the better playmakers left, he doesn't start on any other team and probably only makes the roster of less than half of them.  I like what was said earlier about Geno and how he looks like at some point he can be a player in this league.  Will we ever get an accurate reading with the guys we have around him, though.  Look at the season that Brady is having and Edleman, Thompkins and Dobson blow away anything we have.

Rex has made sure that his side of the ball has plenty of young, up and coming talent and will use the great results of the defense as the impetus for getting his contract extended.  It just stinks because our skilled positon players on offense are way below league average.  Even take a guy like Cumberland who is probably one of the better playmakers left, he doesn't start on any other team and probably only makes the roster of less than half of them.  I like what was said earlier about Geno and how he looks like at some point he can be a player in this league.  Will we ever get an accurate reading with the guys we have around him, though.  Look at the season that Brady is having and Edleman, Thompkins and Dobson blow away anything we have.

Brady hasnt looked very Brady like this season. 

Thompkins, however, looks like a player. 

I feel your pain, but who were they supposed to take this year at #9 or #13? Eifert, maybe? Hopkins? Who did they pass on? Given the bust-factor at the WR position, I could imagine Idzik being a little gun-shy there, anyway. Aside from Geno, his was a pretty blue collar draft.

I'd expect a nice chunk of all that cap room next year to be spent on free agent WR/TEs. We'll see.

I feel your pain, but who were they supposed to take this year at #9 or #13? Eifert, maybe? Hopkins? Who did they pass on? Given the bust-factor at the WR position, I could imagine Idzik being a little gun-shy there, anyway. Aside from Geno, his was a pretty blue collar draft.

I'd expect a nice chunk of all that cap room next year to be spent on free agent WR/TEs. We'll see.

It's been a problem for a while now. The Jets just seemingly dont value the position in the draft. I understand Idzik has a clean slate here, and its a process. But the logic behind bringing in Morniwheg, who loves going downfield and pairing him with a rookie QB....at least surround him with something. Even if Holmes and Hill are healthy, that's still a bottom tier group. 

No reason to reach on anyone I understand, but hell give me something. Stills over Oboushi would have been a start.

It's been a problem for a while now. The Jets just seemingly dont value the position in the draft. I understand Idzik has a clean slate here, and its a process. But the logic behind bringing in Morniwheg, who loves going downfield and pairing him with a rookie QB....at least surround him with something. Even if Holmes and Hill are healthy, that's still a bottom tier group. 

No reason to reach on anyone I understand, but hell give me something. Stills over Oboushi would have been a start.

I'm not disagreeing. I wanted Jordan Reed over Brian Winters in the 3rd. I think Holmes, Hill, & Kerley can be a decent WR group, but obviously the injuries to the two starters this week puts a spotlight on the issue. I tend to agree that Idzik didn't really think it thru. He made his heaviest investment on offense at the RB position, investments that have paid zero dividends so far. Meanwhile, in a passing league, with a new pass happy OC, he did nothing for the passing game.

The Jets should be looking at other team's practice squads for help. Maybe there's something out there.

Yea we started the season with Stuckey but traded him like week 4 for Braylon. 2009 Braylon and Cotchery> Kerley, Gates, and Nelson

I know that if a bunch of you knew where I live you'd throw sh*tbombs at my house for saying this, but bring back Bray. He helped turn the season around in '09, and can do i in '13!

you know whats funny this is exactly the type of game we win then sh*t the bed vs Pitt next week maybe even go on an epic losing streak...book it.

No.

This isnt a sneak up on a team type of game. National TV on the road, with practice squad WR's...the defense is going to have to pitch a shutout or close to it. It has the feeling of something like this:

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=251024001

No.

This isnt a sneak up on a team type of game. National TV on the road, with practice squad WR's...the defense is going to have to pitch a shutout or close to it.

Matty Ice is something like 36-4 at home.  Add that to them quite literally fighting for their season a 1-3 and on national television and this become a game where I hope none of our guys gets hurt and we don't get embarrassed.  If we come away with positive games from Geno and a few others, then I'll consider it a win...and this is coming from a guy that wants to and thinks we can win most every game.

Matty Ice is something like 36-4 at home.  Add that to them quite literally fighting for their season a 1-3 and on national television and this become a game where I hope none of our guys gets hurt and we don't get embarrassed.  If we come away with positive games from Geno and a few others, then I'll consider it a win...and this is coming from a guy that wants to and thinks we can win most every game.

Fighting for their season is another way to say playing like sh*t, right?

Ditto. I haven't felt we've had no chance in a while. Not since the Bollinger days....or maybe some of the later Chad ones where he had no arm left. This is one of those games where I hope no one gets hurt.

Fighting for their season is another way to say playing like sh*t, right?

Haha touche.  Although, I wouldn't go as far as to say playing like sh*t; they lost three games by a combined 13 points to teams that are a combine 11-1 on the year. They may not be the world beaters they were last year with Jackson and White hurt, but playing at home, on monday night, after a loss like that, it doesn't shape up too well for us.

No.

This isnt a sneak up on a team type of game. National TV on the road, with practice squad WR's...the defense is going to have to pitch a shutout or close to it. It has the feeling of something like this:

Matt I was being facetious

honestly I think we get destoyed

No.

But Curtis Martin must have done all he could have in that game, right?  If Geno only has one pick and we have a WR with 96 yards I like our chances.

Archived