rex is Thinking about Reviving Color-Coded Play calling System

flgreen

The best thing that can happen for Geno right now is that he breaks an ankle.

I was actually thinking along this line during the game last week. I wasn't rooting for him to get injured - but I thought it may be the best thing for the kid right now.

LOL this is not gonna happen! I would be shocked. Mornhinweg is an Idzik guy and he is in attack mode all the time...whether or not that s a good thing I don't know but there is no way he is gonna be on board with this.

It's pretty clear that Rex has ZERO say over the offense so everyone just relax. I know that weird to say about a head coach but Idzik see's his defensive abilities and figures maybe this can work with giving him no offensive responsibilities.

Ok, so apparently nobody listened to the Rex interview on Michael Kay's show yesterday.  He said he had no plan to use the color system at this time.  As usual, some hack probably asked if he would consider using the color system and Rex probably responded "I might consider it"   Now all of a sudden it turns in to Rex bringing this up.  amazing.

Ok, so apparently nobody listened to the Rex interview on Michael Kay's show yesterday.  He said he had no plan to use the color system at this time.  As usual, some hack probably asked if he would consider using the color system and Rex probably responded "I might consider it"   Now all of a sudden it turns in to Rex bringing this up.  amazing.

Many of the wolves will PM me to delete this post.

It's not that he never said it, he changed his mind.

So as usual with Rex, something slips into his head, and he feels the need to blurt it out, only to have reason from someone else filter it later.

It's not that he never said it, he changed his mind.

So as usual with Rex, something slips into his head, and he feels the need to blurt it out, only to have reason from someone else filter it later.

Or perhaps Idzik changed his mind for him

Green Day: No time for color codes

October, 3, 2013

OCT 3

6:00

AM ET

By Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Rex Ryan probably was thinking out loud when he mentioned Wednesday he was considering bringing out of retirement the old color-coded wristband he used for Mark Sanchez in 2009. Naturally, his comments sparked headlines and probably groans from Jet Nation, which links the red-green-yellow system to Sanchez's struggles as a rookie -- and probably thereafter.

Ryan came to his senses a few hours later. In his weekly spot on ESPN 98.7 FM, the coach said he decided against the idea. No green, no red, no yellow, no nothing. Smart move.

Forcing rookie Geno Smith to wear the color-coded wristband would've cluttered his mind with unecessary information and, from a public-relation standpoint, it would've attached him to Sanchez. And this organization, as we've seen over the last few months, is trying to distance itself from its onetime Golden Boy. The turnover-prone Smith can't be rescued by a wristband. He needs to do it the old-fashioned way -- with hard work and improved concentration.

Bury the wristband.

ICYMI: In practice Wednesday, Smith participated in a running-back drill to help with his ball-security issues. Call it, How to Carry a Football 101. ... LG Vladimir Ducasse said he's not happy about his demotion. Then again, what was he supposed to say? ... Newly-signed WR David Nelson and RB Mike Goodson made their practice debuts, but the real story involved the players not in practice.

Archived