Blow up the secondary

MexiRoll6

Dee Milliner has no instincts for the game. Much like Kyle Wilson he hardly ever turns his head to find the ball and when he does he loses connection with the WR he is trying to cover. Cromartie is stating to look his age and the safeties are more run stuffers than ball hawks. As I have said before T-Rex did such a terrible job drafting and acquiring players it will take Idzik AT LEAST one more draft and a productive FA signing or two to get the Jets to anywhere near acceptable offensively. Add to that the problems of this pathetic secondary and you have MAJOR problems.

Why do they seemingly put Milliner one-on-one in so many situations? Or, are they exploiting only when he is in those match-ups.

Can't they give him any help? Isn't Rex's claim to  fame supposedly being able to manipulate defenses to cover for faults?

We are a Matt Mcgloin away.

:winking0001:

Good thing we have a HC who is great at coaching up secondary players, huh?

Yay!

Are you now back in "flop" mode on your flip-flop that said the Jets should never have paid Revis 16mill?

no i never said they should pay him 16 mil. what i said was let him play out his final year. He was still under contract ya know.

funny how the fans wonder what happened to the secondary, 1 season after trading the best defensive back in Jets history. 

no i never said they should pay him 16 mil. what i said was let him play out his final year. He was still under contract ya know.

funny how the fans wonder what happened to the secondary, 1 season after trading the best defensive back in Jets history. 

The real issue than has to be Cromartie. The Jets played reasonable pass defense last year without Revis for 12 or 13 games.

The real issue than has to be Cromartie. The Jets played reasonable pass defense last year without Revis for 12 or 13 games.

Cro went right over that hill. He doesn't have technique or instinct to rely upon, all he has is world class speed and that's gone. 

Cro went right over that hill. He doesn't have technique or instinct to rely upon, all he has is world class speed and that's gone. 

Then he will be gone.

I don't think it was terribly wrong for the Jets to think they could have gotten a similar year as last year out of Cro. 

And for God's sake, give Milliner a little help back there.

Shall I start the Bitonti agenda thread?

There's a misconception out there on the internetz that exposing someone's agenda is a way to win an argument.

If I say the sky is blue because I am employed by the blue sky corporation (bringing you blue skies since 1910), that doesn't change the fact that the sky is in fact blue. 

You can talk about my motivations all you want. It doesn't change the play on the field.  It's a fun little side trip down motivation lane. Whoop dee do. 

Let's put this in perspective...while the secondary is bad, the defense as a whole does better than average as shown by their league ranking. The offense ******* sucks. Keep this in perspective, please. If we could execute on offense and score points, we would win games. You win games by outscoring an opponent.

Cro's only 29.  He should be in the peak of his career.  There's more going on then that.   Cromartie of course was never in the same category as the 2009  Revis, but he has taken a nose dive this season after a very good season last year.   I'm wondering if he has just had nagging injuries all season.  

The trading of Revis isn't the reason the secondary sucks, it's that he was replaced with no one.    Milliner looks like a genuine bust.  Hate to  say that about a rookie with his talent, taken #9.  But so far it doesn't look good.  It's a bad situation when Wilson is your best CB.

Even if Revis was still here it wouldn't matter.  He is far from the 2009 Revis.  He even admits he can't play man because he isn't recovered form the knee.  Odds are Revis will be a good CB next year, but never again the GOAT

Milliner has shown no awareness of the ball coming- can so many people be wrong about him?

I really liked Wilson when the Jets took him.  He also was speculated to be a top 10 pick.  Tremendous natural talent.  Have to admit I thought he was going to be the steal of the draft.

He was horrible as a rookie.

He's developed into a decent #3 CB.  Have a sad feeling that Milliner is going to follow the same route.   

Do you seriously believe that the Jets would be better off with one last season of Revis before losing him to free agency, instead of having Sheldon Richardson for four years under a rookie contract?

And is there any guarantee that Revis would've even played under the terms of his deal with the Jets?

dude they just did blow up the secondary. remember when the team traded Revis and we all cheered?

Yay.

The sad part is after Cro's 2012 season we could have probably gotten a sucker to pony up a 1st for him, still drafted a CB, and used the difference to give to Revis long term like I stated many times in the offseason, but NO Woody ******* Johnson's EGO ****ed up any chance of a Revis, NYJ's future, say what you want about Revis' greed (you would be right), but he never took it personal to the point he wasn't willing to come back if the price was right, but Woody took it SO personal that in his egotistical world there was no way Revis was ever going to play another snap for the NY Jets IMO!

So FUKC Woody, everything that is wrong with this team is on him, he has no clue how a football organization should run, and won't completely differ to proper adults to handle it all. I know he means well to, but that's not enough to stop me from hating him, and putting this franchises current failure on his shoulders!

Meh, I must be in the minority because I didnt think that Millner played that bad.  I saw him turn for the ball, I saw him almost get a pick, I saw him lay some wood on a WR.  Yeah, the bills got lucky on that pass that got hung up in the winds to make is so short that Millner couldnt make a play on it even though he was step for step with the WR.  I also saw him 2 steps behind a WR that is a burner but I think that he is improving.  I expected this sort of play from him early in the season.  For him with the time he missed in the offseason, I am not ready to write him off just yet.  I think he turns for the ball much better that Wilson that is for sure.  If he starts making picks on balls that are there for him...

Lets face it, we were total sh!t on sunday.  50+ men chowing down on a bag o d!cks in the middle of the Ralph was an ugly sight.  Nobody is above criticism on this one.  Lucky it only counts as 1 loss.

Do you seriously believe that the Jets would be better off with one last season of Revis before losing him to free agency, instead of having Sheldon Richardson for four years under a rookie contract?

And is there any guarantee that Revis would've even played under the terms of his deal with the Jets?

one last season. Every year it's one last season. Tomorrow may never come. 

if the Jets keep Revis, they aren't drafting Dee. They probably still take Sheldon right? Also keep in mind that trading Revis accelerated13 mil dead space (and Revis wasn't slated to make 13 mil this year) so they also have 4-6+ mil extra cap room by keeping revis... could be handy in a playoff run. 

No way he holds out playing for a contract coming off an ACL. he would have to play.  

bottom line this was an unlikely playoff year it would have been nice to have the team's best defender.

if the Jets keep Revis, they aren't drafting Dee. They probably still take Sheldon right? Also keep in mind that trading Revis accelerated13 mil dead space (and Revis wasn't slated to make 13 mil this year) so they also have 4-6+ mil extra cap room by keeping revis... could be handy in a playoff run. 

No way he holds out playing for a contract coming off an ACL. he would have to play.  

bottom line this was an unlikely playoff year it would have been nice to have the team's best defender.

If Revis is in the last year of his contract, and crying to the press daily, they still take Milliner.  It would be Revis final year here.  No Richardson 

Is there a guarantee if the Jets don't trade Revis they don't draft Richardson? They wouldn't have drafted Milliner, and with Austin gone, I would say the best player on the Jets draft board would have been Richardson without the need of a Milliner.

Is there a guarantee if the Jets don't trade Revis they don't draft Richardson? They wouldn't have drafted Milliner, and with Austin gone, I would say the best player on the Jets draft board would have been Richardson without the need of a Milliner.

If they had given Revis, with his busted knee, his $16,000,000 contract, they wouldn't have taken Milliner.

That wasn't going to happen.  Ever.   They still would have taken Milliner.  The guy looked legit at the time, and Revis was gone in 2014

You know this, how? How do you know Milliner wasn't simply the top player on Idzik's board at that spot? It's not like Richardson was a need pick, if I recall all the crying at the time he was selected.

And Revis' actions aren't generally conventional, either.

You know this, how? How do you know Milliner wasn't simply the top player on Idzik's board at that spot? It's not like Richardson was a need pick, if I recall all the crying at the time he was selected.

And Revis' actions aren't generally conventional, either.

no one knows who the draft pick would have been in this alternate universe. This thread was talking about blowing up the secondary .. my point is this what a blown up secondary looks like. 

no one knows who the draft pick would have been in this alternate universe. This thread was talking about blowing up the secondary .. my point is this what a blown up secondary looks like. 

Cromartie's diminishing skills (or play) is the biggest step back from last year. The jets secondary last year (without Revis) was at least fair. 

This year, not so much. 

This is not what a blown up secondary is-They played without Revis last year for the majority of the year. Normal team evolvement. 

Cromartie's diminishing skills (or play) is the biggest step back from last year. The jets secondary last year (without Revis) was at least fair. 

This year, not so much. 

This is not what a blown up secondary is-They played without Revis last year for the majority of the year. Normal team evolvement. 

these are not two separate conversations. if fans knew in the spring time that Cro would be this done, would everyone still be so happy to trade Revis? in fact all we heard last spring was how Cro was awesome and they didn't need Revis.

Archived