WIth all the draft picks we should have, how many QB's would you take?

AFJF

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drafting 3 just signals we dont know what the hell were doing so we're just going to increase our chances of getting lucky instead.

Just let Terry Bradway pick 2 (one in the first, one with our extra 3rd or 4th) and call it a day.  He was right on Russell Wilson, after all.

He's going to be a top 10 pick.  I don't buy this nonsense about him going in the middle of round 1.  Someone - if not multiple teams - will like him enough to take him higher if they need a QB.  A guy like Manziel you either like him or you don't.  And if you like him you're not waiting around until pick #20.  He's not an all potential-only guy who never did anything in college and you're hoping to strike lightning. 

Especially nowadays with the new CBA.  The risk of being wrong on a high pick doesn't carry nearly the same penalty to the rest of your team.  Before, a bust was a waste of a very high draft pick AND the cap room of a HOF superstar (depending on the position).  Now it's just the draft pick and a few million per, which won't cripple a team's cap.  Not an insignificant difference.

I agree 100%. I definitely think he is top ten material and with the cap ramifications not what they used to be, Johnny Football and his freakish skills wont drop very far with all the QB needy teams. If the JETS were to get him, then we would finally have that star power at the most important position in sports and a guy you could build a respectable offense around.

If the team picked Geno on an interim basis -- with next year's draft in mind -- then why in the blue blazes are we battling to an 8-8 record and bad picks?

To answer to that question is because Rex Ryan is a good HC, half of the NFL is still employing old fashioned inside the box coaches who won't alter their ways, and Rex, and the other good coaches who bring exotic game plans can beat much more talented teams with crap coaches like Schiano.

Rex Ryan may not be the best coach in the league, but he is much better than most, like his style, or not this is the truth.

What is wrong with you people.  I've already planned how the Jets will get to the SB in the next 3 years.

Commit to Geno next season.  Use the draft and free agency to get the most weaponz possible.  Grab some secondary help.

Geno either rises to the occasion or poops the bed. (I'm guessing poops the bed).

Then you go all in on Jameis Winston and we watch greatness for the next 10 years with multiple SB's victories as we watch the Patriots fall into the irrelevant category and the Jets become the beasts of the AFCE.

What is wrong with you people.  I've already planned how the Jets will get to the SB in the next 3 years.

Commit to Geno next season.  Use the draft and free agency to get the most weaponz possible.  Grab some secondary help.

Geno either rises to the occasion or poops the bed. (I'm guessing poops the bed).

Then you go all in on Jameis Winston and we watch greatness for the next 10 years with multiple SB's victories as we watch the Patriots fall into the irrelevant category and the Jets become the beasts of the AFCE.

Actually, not that far fetched and not a bad scenario. With all the QBs rated high and coming out this year, Most teams will be all in on their QB they draft this year leaving hopefully, far fewer teams in 2015 who need a QB.

However (impatient Jet fans, like myself), shudder at the thought of watching Geno put up 16.3 QBR's for another year much like the 4 years we had to watch that guy from USC.

So given your scenario, If the Jets cant get one of the top 3 this year (Bridgewater, Mariota, Manziel), I will relent and hope Geno can get at least to the mid 20's QBR and then go all in on FAMOUS JAMEIS in 2015.

What is wrong with you people. I've already planned how the Jets will get to the SB in the next 3 years.

Commit to Geno next season. Use the draft and free agency to get the most weaponz possible. Grab some secondary help.

I'm all in for drafting 4 WR's/RB's/TE's with our 1st, 2nd, and 2 3rd round picks, all I ask is that non of these players are slow possession type WR's, Needs 15 carries, and 3 quarters of wearing down a defense to finally get more than 3 yards, and a cloud of dust type RB, or a blocking TE!

All 4 picks need to have home run, take it to the house type skills, and there are plenty of those type of guys well into the 5th round whether it be because he is a gang banger, from a small school, had a non serious injury at the wrong time, or is under sized (Dri Archer from Kent St. Please oh please get MM a Dri Archer to get the ball to, those 2 would be a match made in heaven, think LeSean McCoy meets J Charles meets Wes Welker meets Devin Hester!!!!!!!).

"If you build it (the offense) they will come (the QB)!"

Well at least I hope lol.

I'm all in for drafting 4 WR's/RB's/TE's with our 1st, 2nd, and 2 3rd round picks, all I ask is that non of these players are slow possession type WR's, Needs 15 carries, and 3 quarters of wearing down a defense to finally get more than 3 yards, and a cloud of dust type RB, or a blocking TE!

All 4 picks need to have home run, take it to the house type skills, and there are plenty of those type of guys well into the 5th round whether it be because he is a gang banger, from a small school, had a non serious injury at the wrong time, or is under sized (Dri Archer from Kent St. Please oh please get MM a Dri Archer to get the ball to, those 2 would be a match made in heaven, think LeSean McCoy meets J Charles meets Wes Welker meets Devin Hester!!!!!!!).

"If you build it (the offense) they will come (the QB)!"

Well at least I hope lol.

I was thinking the same thing but then I remembered that we need at least 1 OL, 1 OLB, 1 S, and 1 CB.  Plus I want us to draft another QB.

I was thinking the same thing but then I remembered that we need at least 1 OL, 1 OLB, 1 S, and 1 CB. Plus I want us to draft another QB.

Well we can use the 50 million dollars in cap space for the OL, OLB, and S.

The QB, I've thrown my hands up, and have no awnsers, or suggestions on that anymore, were the Jets, and having sucky QB's is just who we are, except that 1 year every decade we luck into a veteran at the right time, only to watch him get hurt, and **** us like Testaverde, and Favre!

If you get a pick in the 15-20 range, you're looking at Zach Mettenberger and Tajh Boyd. Anyone care to sign on to develop one of those projects?

In the second round, you're talking about Aaron Murray, Derek Carr, or AJ McCarron.

Anyone drooling yet?

Reports of this being a "deep" QB draft are based in mythology, unless they mean it's deep in backup QBs.

If you get a pick in the 15-20 range, you're looking at Zach Mettenberger and Tajh Boyd. Anyone care to sign on to develop one of those projects?

In the second round, you're talking about Aaron Murray, Derek Carr, or AJ McCarron.

Anyone drooling yet?

Reports of this being a "deep" QB draft are based in mythology, unless they mean it's deep in backup QBs.

The real question to ask is where would Geno Smith be drafted in a class with all those names? 

Anyone drooling yet?

I imagine Carr is going to be a first rounder, maybe even top 10. I imagine he's going to have a good senior bowl along with a good combine bolstering him into the top 10. Don't really see him going after Mettenberger either.

I imagine Carr is going to be a first rounder, maybe even top 10. I imagine he's going to have a good senior bowl along with a good combine bolstering him into the top 10. Don't really see him going after Mettenberger either.

Definitely a possibity. His arm is supposed to be Stafford-esque.

10, 11, whatever.  I don't think he's dropping below that.  

We'll see.  April is a long ways away.

I also remember QBs who were middle-of-the-round picks like Sanchez and Tannehill.  Or end of the round (if not out of round 1 outright) like Manuel.

It's not like it used to be because whiffing isn't the cap killer it used to be when you draft a Blaine Gabbert.  Was he (as well as Ponder and Locker) all projected in the top 12 in November of 2010? Maybe Locker because of his physical tools, but I don't really remember.  What of others like Jay Cutler? Who had him at #11 in mid-November? Flacco in round 1 at all back in November? He wasn't even a lock to go before (or in) round 3 at that point.  Brady Quinn was top 3 in November of 2006.

My point is only this: lots can - and will - change.  If he gets drafted between #16-20 then I owe you a warm pretzel.

If Mariota and Hundley come out, he for sure is not going to be a top 10 pick. If only one of them or neither of them come out, it's up in the air, he could go top ten or he could fall, and I'm hoping he falls to the Jets.

We've got issues if people think Marcus Mariota is a first round pick. I swear I feel like Im watching a different sport sometimes than folks who watch college football. I want nothing to do with him.

There are enough coaches who think they can reinvent the wheel with these running QBs. And, again, it'll be Peyton Manning or Brady or Eli winning the Super Bowl.

There are enough coaches who think they can reinvent the wheel with these running QBs. And, again, it'll be Peyton Manning or Brady or Eli winning the Super Bowl.

He's running a spread offense, on a field with wide hash-marks, with players who run faster than the defenses they're playing. I don't get it. When he throws guys are wide open.

My QB rankings are simple. Guys I would draft and guys I wouldnt. Mariota is on the wouldnt list.

He's running a spread offense, on a field with wide hash-marks, with players who run faster than the defenses they're playing. I don't get it. When he throws guys are wide open.

My QB rankings are simple. Guys I would draft and guys I wouldnt. Mariota is on the wouldnt list.

Word. I only draft a Mariota or a Manziel if I can project them as successful after their ACLs are shredded wheat.

Anyone drooling yet?

Give me Murray or Mccarron but no way on Boyd, Hundley, Mettenberg or Carr.

Meaning, stationary quarterbacks who spread the ball around keep winning despite the very conscious attempt by some teams to force feed the mobile quarterback into the mainstream.

I'm not a fan of the "running" QB big difference than calling them Mobile and I think that's what you were referring too.

Last Running QB to win a SB ?  ZERO

Mobile QB Aaron Rodgers

Running QB Micheal Vick

My money is on Rodgers :)

Archived