Geno Smith: "I'm Not Mark"

flgreen

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, that's the least eh?

Sanchez a 4 year starter is the equivalent of Ryan Leaf now?

Don't answer, my IQ can't take another kill shot tonight.

Sorry but SANCHEZ, for as high a draft pick as he was (in fact traded up to get), has some of the most awful stats ever put up by a QB in NFL HISTORY. Just to name a few, Since TQBR became a stat, he leads the NFL with the MOST single digit TQBRs recorded. The stat that measures how many points you aid the other team, yup, he is the all time leader, and the stat that measures how many points you cost your own team, yup also the all-time leader in that stat.

Sanchez not only belongs on that list but belongs very near the top.

Sorry but SANCHEZ, for as high a draft pick as he was (in fact traded up to get), has some of the most awful stats ever put up by a QB in NFL HISTORY. Just to name a few, Since TQBR became a stat, he leads the NFL with the MOST single digit TQBRs recorded. The stat that measures how many points you aid the other team, yup, he is the all time leader, and the stat that measures how many points you cost your own team, yup also the all-time leader in that stat.

Sanchez not only belongs on that list but belongs very near the top.

Right now Geno's TQBR is 25.8. 

Last year's Buttfumble Sanchez TQBR was... wait for it... exactly 25,8

(btw rookie year Sanchez was 31.5 good for 23rd in the league that year... geno is at 33rd overall now)

Right now Geno's TQBR is 25.8. 

Last year's Buttfumble Sanchez TQBR was... wait for it... exactly 25,8

(btw rookie year Sanchez was 31.5 good for 23rd in the league that year... geno is at 33rd overall now)

Are we noticing a trend? Hmmm, this time he brought in Morninwheg (and he is a definite improvement), and really, I dont want to see if this trend continues with our next QB, BUT Is it now not a trend but a fact that ANY QB that plays in RYANS "system" (whatever that is), is just plain, going to suck?

Hopefully, we dont have to find out next year BUT, if they bring in a Manziel, or a Mariota, McCarron, Murray etc. and REX is still the coach, and our next QB, puts up the same type numbers as these 2, then I would think, that we no longer have a trend but a non-arguable fact that REX and offense, and QB development is basically impossible with him as coach. We shall see.

Are we noticing a trend? Hmmm, this time he brought in Morninwheg (and he is a definite improvement), and really, I dont want to see if this trend continues with our next QB, BUT Is it now not a trend but a fact that ANY QB that plays in RYANS "system" (whatever that is), is just plain, going to suck?

Hopefully, we dont have to find out next year BUT, if they bring in a Manziel, or a Mariota, McCarron, Murray etc. and REX is still the coach, and our next QB, puts up the same type numbers as these 2, then I would think, that we no longer have a trend but a non-arguable fact that REX and offense, and QB development is basically impossible with him as coach. We shall see.

this is like a restaurant buying spoiled beef and then firing the chef cause the steak was bad.

I just dont know how you can say that when you know just how much Rex is involved on that side of the ball.

Oh, that's the least eh?

Sanchez a 4 year starter is the equivalent of Ryan Leaf now?

Don't answer, my IQ can't take another kill shot tonight.

Just because he was handed the job for 4 years doesn't mean he avoids the Leaf comparison.  He was rated as, statistically, the worst 4-year starting QB of all-time, tied with Joey Harrington.

Remember the 5-INT performance against the Bills?  Good times.  I imagine we were all on board with him then, or so we're told.

The only reason people look back at that year is the AFC Championship run.   If the Colts dont sit Manning and their starters, they finish 8-8, miss the playoffs and nobody would think anything good of Sanchez.      And people wouldn't of thought as much of Rex.      The first year was a great run, it was also an ego booster for a team that really shouldn't have thought so highly of themselves.    They had a nice run the next season, had some nice last minute wins, but getting blown out against New England, it became one of those,  Super Bowl playoff game against New England.  And everybody was back on board.  Except they didnt' even bother to show up for most of that Steelers game.     And from that point it's been all down hill.

If the jets sneak into the playoffs and make another run that isn't expected,  there are people who will think Geno is the Franchise, even though he's pretty much been Sanchez most of this season. And that's not a good thing.     But if the Jets wind up 8-8 and miss the playoffs, Geno is thought of as what he is, a turnover machine.  Some hope he gets better, others want a new future QB.      If the Jets went 8-8 years ago,  nobody would have thought anything of Sanchez but a guy who should have stayed in college.  He wasn't good.

The only reason people look back at that year is the AFC Championship run.   If the Colts dont sit Manning and their starters, they finish 8-8, miss the playoffs and nobody would think anything good of Sanchez.      And people wouldn't of thought as much of Rex.      The first year was a great run, it was also an ego booster for a team that really shouldn't have thought so highly of themselves.    They had a nice run the next season, had some nice last minute wins, but getting blown out against New England, it became one of those,  Super Bowl playoff game against New England.  And everybody was back on board.  Except they didnt' even bother to show up for most of that Steelers game.     And from that point it's been all down hill.

If the jets sneak into the playoffs and make another run that isn't expected,  there are people who will think Geno is the Franchise, even though he's pretty much been Sanchez most of this season. And that's not a good thing.     But if the Jets wind up 8-8 and miss the playoffs, Geno is thought of as what he is, a turnover machine.  Some hope he gets better, others want a new future QB.      If the Jets went 8-8 years ago,  nobody would have thought anything of Sanchez but a guy who should have stayed in college.  He wasn't good.

Very good, honest post.

the team has become ultra conservative and decided that they will not let Geno do the things that he DOES do well, instead requiring him to throw short passes into tight windows to the likes of Stephen Hill.  There are many things he does not do well right now.  They are all in the current game plans.  All because these morons think they have enough talent to get to the playoffs.

What the **** does this even mean?  You want to blame Ryan for having  a defective offensive system while simultaneously bashing Ryan for not having any hand in the offense AND it being three different systems?  A fact, not a trend?  It isn't even a coherent thought. 

What the **** does this even mean?  You want to blame Ryan for having  a defective offensive system while simultaneously bashing Ryan for not having any hand in the offense AND it being three different systems?  A fact, not a trend?  It isn't even a coherent thought.

Dont they kind of go hand in hand? Him not paying any attention to the offense, thus is defective? By not paying attention to the offense, I mean that in that he wont take high draft picks for offense, he wants to run an archaic "ground n pound" system, even though he says he does not, and he always tries to hide his QB, because he never trusts them to sling all over the yard 40 times.

If you dont think its a coherent thought, thats fine but its seems pretty simple to me that a coach who cares little about the offense, would not be able to properly develop a QB, and we now have 2 different QB's going on 5 years of absolutely horrible QB play.

Dont they kind of go hand in hand? Him not paying any attention to the offense, thus is defective? By not paying attention to the offense, I mean that in that he wont take high draft picks for offense, he wants to run an archaic "ground n pound" system, even though he says he does not, and he always tries to hide his QB, because he never trusts them to sling all over the yard 40 times.

If you dont think its a coherent thought, thats fine but its seems pretty simple to me that a coach who cares little about the offense, would not be able to properly develop a QB, and we now have 2 different QB's going on 5 years of absolutely horrible QB play.

Marty Mornhinweg is about as far as you get from ground and pound short of pulling Mouse Davis out of his retirement home.

Marty Mornhinweg is about as far as you get from ground and pound short of pulling Mouse Davis out of his retirement home.

I agree, but it seems each week as we go further into the season, the JETS are reverting back to some of their old "ground n pound" ways, certainly in the N Orleans game, and how many times did Geno throw it last week, and even in the overtime wi, I think they ran it like 8 staright times to set up Folk's long field goal.

Look if you dont trust this QB and are going to put the shackles on him, and not try to develop a QB that fits the West Coast offense, then why did you hire Morningweg?

Sorry but I just dont think a QB can develop under this head coach.

By the way, instead of Mouse Davis, how about Mike Martz or June Jones?

I agree, but it seems each week as we go further into the season, the JETS are reverting back to some of their old "ground n pound" ways, certainly in the N Orleans game, and how many times did Geno throw it last week, and even in the overtime wi, I think they ran it like 8 staright times to set up Folk's long field goal.

Look if you dont trust this QB and are going to put the shackles on him, and not try to develop a QB that fits the West Coast offense, then why did you hire Morningweg?

Sorry but I just dont think a QB can develop under this head coach.

By the way, instead of Mouse Davis, how about Mike Martz or June Jones?

Be honest.  Be honest with yourself if not me.  Do you honestly believe that Rex pulled the reigns on Mornhinweg last week? Besides everything else, you are complaining about two games where the team won.  Geno threw 23 times last week and the team had 23 rushes.  Some of those runs came AFTER Geno left.  Geno had 23 attempts in 3 quarters and was sacked 4 times. Presumably he wasn't sacked on rush attempts. 23 attempts extrapolates to 30 for a full game if you round down. Add the sacks and that is 34.  Over the course of a full season that would be 544 attempts.  Last year that would have tied him with Matt Schaub for 12th in the league and been ahead of Eli.  If anything I think they had him throwing too much when he was already ******* up royally, but you can't complain his development has been stunted by being forced to hand off. 

**** Mike Martz.  He doesn't throw any more than Marty and June Jones learned the passing game from Mouse Davis at Portland State.  

What the **** does this even mean? You want to blame Ryan for having a defective offensive system while simultaneously bashing Ryan for not having any hand in the offense AND it being three different systems? A fact, not a trend? It isn't even a coherent thought.

Is Rex not the HC?

Is he just a complete bystander with regards to absolutely everything offense?

He's not wrong. He's really not Mark Sanchez.

Sucks like him though.

Thank god for Rex Ryan or this team would be an absolute sh*t storm.

Yeah, thank god we don't have a HC who can actually contribute to the choosing, and development of a real NFL QB.

You know, the most important position on the field?

Players play and coaches coach you know.

Archived