Jets vs Ravens - Game Thread

Maxman

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what happens when you fire the GM and not the head coach. You have a head coach trying to win the game at any cost (where cost=hiding the starting QB so he cant make turnovers) and a GM trying to cut salary and build for the future. Now I think Geno is hot garbage so I'm not shedding any tears for him but I think its really unfair and the Jets should try and see if he is any good regardless of wins/losses. With a new coach we would have been able to better evaluate him because the focus would have been less on Wrecks saving his sorry ass job.

Yes

He hasn't had the time to hold the ball too long.  Again, I'm not defending Smith as a player.  I'm saying that he's really not the issue today.  I hate the "IF they had Peyton Manning, they'd still lose" argument that everyone made about Sanchez the last two years, but IF they had Peyton Manning, and didn't at all change the gameplan, they'd still be losing this game.

if your wideouts do not get open or look like they will get open quickly, then you hold it.

He hasn't had the time to hold the ball too long.  Again, I'm not defending Smith as a player.  I'm saying that he's really not the issue today.  I hate the "IF they had Peyton Manning, they'd still lose" argument that everyone made about Sanchez the last two years, but IF they had Peyton Manning, and didn't at all change the gameplan, they'd still be losing this game.

I dont know about that. There have been plays to be made where he has held onto the ball too long or threw it into the ground. The offense has looked flat. Makes you wonder if those West Virginia players were right about his leadership.

Archived