Jets vs Ravens - Game Thread

Maxman

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do I really need to explain the difference between a plan and results to you?

I think you need to explain how 18 pass attempts = 4 pass attempts are a similar offensive plan.  One teams plan is to win by hiding the QB by any means necessary, the other team dispite throwing an int made 18 attempts continues to include the foward pass in their offense.   Did I get that right?

I hope the Jets destroy the Ravens and silence all you doubters and put you into hiding like the Giants fans were for 6 weeks.

THE PLAY CALLING SUCKS AND THE WRS SUCK...............................

SIGN BRAYLON EDWARDS ALREADY AT LEAST HE CAN CATCH AND MAKES AN EFFORT......................

THIS IS NOT GENO SMITHS FAULT.................

Seems like you have had a change of heart

Not the best throws, but I really don't think he's gotten more than one clean pocket to throw out of today.  Not a ton last week either.

Yeah this has not been one of the OL's best games. He still holds onto the ball too long and is indecisive. He has no confidence right now. The throw to the flats on the field goal drive looked very Tebowish. Its a combination of things. Right now I would go with Simms just in hopes of getting a spark.

At least take the ****in chains off Geno and let him just play. Stop babying this guy. If he sucks that bad start Simms next week.

Find out what you really have!!

exactly. hiding him like this is pathetic. if he is that bad that we need to go to this length to keep him from throwing just ******* bench the idiot and start simms to see if he's at least back-up material

yes you can. he is such sh*t the coaches have decided they'd rather just run the wildcat or run draws out of the shotgun. we are sh*t and alot of it is geno smiths fault for sucking like complete sh*t. all the guys are saying pull him yesterday, lol. he is ******* garbage

I think the wideouts are garbage, and that makes iT harder to determine if Geno is garbage

exactly. hiding him like this is pathetic. if he is that bad that we need to go to this length to keep him from throwing just ******* bench the idiot and start simms to see if he's at least back-up material

And Rex has done this for years. You cant hide your qb. Thats not how the nfl works Rex. Sorry.

Yeah this has not been one of the OL's best games. He still holds onto the ball too long and is indecisive. He has no confidence right now. The throw to the flats on the field goal drive looked very Tebowish. Its a combination of things. Right now I would go with Simms just in hopes of getting a spark.

He hasn't had the time to hold the ball too long.  Again, I'm not defending Smith as a player.  I'm saying that he's really not the issue today.  I hate the "IF they had Peyton Manning, they'd still lose" argument that everyone made about Sanchez the last two years, but IF they had Peyton Manning, and didn't at all change the gameplan, they'd still be losing this game.

He hasn't had the time to hold the ball too long.  Again, I'm not defending Smith as a player.  I'm saying that he's really not the issue today.  I hate the "IF they had Peyton Manning, they'd still lose" argument that everyone made about Sanchez the last two years, but IF they had Peyton Manning, and didn't at all change the gameplan, they'd still be losing this game.

i've seen him hold the ball too long today.

This is what happens when you fire the GM and not the head coach.  You have a head coach trying to win the game at any cost (where cost=hiding the starting QB so he cant make turnovers) and a GM trying to cut salary and build for the future.  Now I think Geno is hot garbage so I'm not shedding any tears for him but I think its really unfair and the Jets should try and see if he is any good regardless of wins/losses.  With a new coach we would have been able to better evaluate him because the focus would have been less on Wrecks saving his sorry ass job.

Archived