Woodys mess.

Jacked4JetsFB

This is Woodys mess. Hire a new GM under the agreement if keeping Rex.

We limited our pool to GMs willing to keep Rex.

This is a debacle. Instead of this being year one in a rebuild, this is year -1.

Woody is a moron for insisting Rex stays, total moron.

Rex needs to go, horrible, horrible HC.

This is a debacle. Instead of this being year one in a rebuild, this is year -1.

Rex reminds Woody (the Turnip) of his dearly departed uncle Joe, who used to shake his wittle pee-pee. This organization is in deeeep sh*t from the top down. I pray that Idzik can identify a HC and QB who can turn this thing around while the defensive line is young. Another rookie QB with growing pains is NOT my idea of moving forward. Rex MUST GO, as must Smith and a FA QB must be found since finding a quality college QB who can be a great pro is hit or (in the case of the Jets) miss.

Rex was an asset in our GM search, Woody didn't get where he is today without a mind for success. He knows what an asset he has in Rex. I wish JiFs computer wasn't broke so he could back me up

It is common knowledge that Woody Johnson has had NOTHING to do with his grandfather's business. How is Rex Ryan a friggin asset? Is it his keen knowledge of offensive strategy, or perhaps his astute personnel moves, like ridding the Jets of Danny Woodhead and Thomas Jones, Braylon Edwards, Jerricho Cotchery.  Or maybe you love his keen drafting of sure fire stars like Sanchez, Kyle Wilson, Vlad Ducasse, Joe McKnight, Stephen Hill and the list goes on.

It is common knowledge that Woody Johnson has had NOTHING to do with his grandfather's business. How is Rex Ryan a friggin asset? Is it his keen knowledge of offensive strategy, or perhaps his astute personnel moves, like ridding the Jets of Danny Woodhead and Thomas Jones, Braylon Edwards, Jerricho Cotchery.  Or maybe you love his keen drafting of sure fire stars like Sanchez, Kyle Wilson, Vlad Ducasse, Joe McKnight, Stephen Hill and the list goes on.

Dude I can't take it with you anymore. SARCASM. LEARN IT!!!! It's called SARCASM. 

I decide to just say no to SayNoToDMC, because he CLEARLY is Buddy Ryan. That ANYONE can defend the buffoon Rex Ryan is astonishing to me. People say that the players play hard for Rex, well how hard did it look like they played today? To me NOT very hard - or very well. Master motivator my left nugget. The players love Rex because he forgives them all their errors and NO OTHER REASON.

It is common knowledge that Woody Johnson has had NOTHING to do with his grandfather's business. How is Rex Ryan a friggin asset? Is it his keen knowledge of offensive strategy, or perhaps his astute personnel moves, like ridding the Jets of Danny Woodhead and Thomas Jones, Braylon Edwards, Jerricho Cotchery. Or maybe you love his keen drafting of sure fire stars like Sanchez, Kyle Wilson, Vlad Ducasse, Joe McKnight, Stephen Hill and the list goes on.

None of that bad stuff you haters focus on is Rexs fault. Woody Johnson is an All American success story so show some respect.

Dude I can't take it with you anymore. SARCASM. LEARN IT!!!! It's called SARCASM. 

Who said ANYTHING to you? I never mentioned your post at all, in fact I agree that Woody is a horrible owner. I am talking with the guy saying Woody Johnson EARNED anything in life. Guy was born with the proverbial silver spoon and now owns a "pro" football team. I guess that makes him important and knowledgeable in some peoples eyes. Those who have them perpetually closed.

Who said ANYTHING to you? I never mentioned your post at all, in fact I agree that Woody is a horrible owner. I am talking with the guy saying Woody Johnson EARNED anything in life. Guy was born with the proverbial silver spoon and now owns a "pro" football team. I guess that makes him important and knowledgeable in some peoples eyes. Those who have them perpetually closed.

edit bc now I have EY guilt.

10 picks

50 mill

this was the purge year.

now idzik has a full year of seeing this franchise from top to bottom, he has his scouts in place, think of him being a year ahead of a new GM hired this off season

I think he was a near ideal candidate, played football, coached football, from a football family, scouted football as well

now he has ammo

now if he extends sanchise and drafts a DT in the 1st rd we can run him out of town, lol

but until then, just hang in there

10 picks

50 mill

this was the purge year.

now idzik has a full year of seeing this franchise from top to bottom, he has his scouts in place, think of him being a year ahead of a new GM hired this off season

I think he was a near ideal candidate, played football, coached football, from a football family, scouted football as well

now he has ammo

now if he extends sanchise and drafts a DT in the 1st rd we can run him out of town, lol

But Idzik blows.

2 early 1st round picks in the last draft and a full complement of early 2nd-7th rounders.  And he gets us Richardson, Ivory, and a whole lot of nothing else.

Woody needs to get Idzik, Rex and Morningwheg Ina room and go off on them for the offense being such crap. He's gotta turn the screws and give some very stern warnings on how the offense needs to improve. For the past five seasons, the O has become the joke of the league.

Because another HC could turn a bunch of nobody non skilled players into productive players...

as somebody already said, they can't fire tanny again.

rex is dead man walking

so now lets blame woody ?

he's not a great owner, ( I think it's criminal you have two teams sharing a stadium, you pay a billion dollars for it, and its an ugly abomination and you have two teams selling PSL's for each seat, and you have basically a minimum of 20 home games per year and the avg ticket price is waaaaay to high)   but he doesn't pick the players or coach them

his job is to hire the GM, pay the bills, and set the vision

I think you can say his vision is more commercial than we'd like, but it's not his fault geno sucks

as somebody already said, they can't fire tanny again.

rex is dead man walking

This is true.  Regardless of the fact that it's not all Rex's fault... I just don't see how you can reward him w/ a contract extension after 3 poor seasons in a row.  What was the stats involving losses by 20 or more?  I'm pretty sure we lead the league over the past two years after today.  He's done here, and next year will be a fresh start.  Hopefully Idzik does better than the Milliner pick.

10 picks

50 mill

this was the purge year.

now he has ammo

but does he get to pick his own coach?

Milliner should never have been picked at 9, should have learned from Dre kirpatrick - Saban does not expose his CBs and therefore they have not been tested...so you were picking Milliner based on raw talent which he does not have elite.  Warmack and Richardson would have been nice.

Winters, Aboushy and Cambell are projects - maybe you have three future starters or cuts there.

Richardson looks like a great pick - but Star has had a bigger overall impact and Vaccaro or Reid filled much bigger needs.

rex won't be there to interview him if he's looking for a HC

logic people, use it

Woody has a history of hiring very cheap completely inexperienced HC's and forced Rex on any GM he hired last season. What line of logic should I be using? Until he does something different I think logic dictates I should expect more of the same.

Archived