Charles Woodson: We looked like the Bad News Bears

flgreen

Charles Woodson: We looked like the Bad News Bears

Posted by Josh Alper on December 9, 2013, 9:34 AM EST

The Jets came into Sunday’s game against the Raiders having scored 20 points in their previous three games, all of which were losses, and started a quarterback who hadn’t thrown a touchdown pass since late October.

So it was only natural that Geno Smith threw a touchdown and the Jets rang up 37 points in a 37-27 victory that kept their playoff hopes flickering a little while longer. Safety Charles Woodson was not happy to be part of a Raiders defense that allowed Smith, who was benched against the Dolphins in Week 13, “to be sort of great” and said that the unit bore the blame for the loss.

“I don’t want to sit here and make excuses about anything. We’ve played well at times and we haven’t played well and today is as bad as we’ve played this whole season,” Woodson said, via the Bay Area News Group. “It’s really embarrassing to be a part of it. We were like the Bad News Bears out there today. In saying that, I do want to give credit to our offense. They just kept fighting today and really gave us a chance to still be in the game. Defensively we went out there and basically peed down our legs.”

Plenty of people predicted a gloomy finish for the Raiders this season, so their 4-9 record doesn’t come as any great shock. The fact that they’ve gone from 3-4 to 4-9 may make it feel worse, but the holes were always there to be exploited by the opposition and the Raiders will have to work hard to fill them this offseason if they want to avoid further soiling of their uniform pants.

i liked the play when Winslow tried to jump over Woodson. It didn't work but jumping at someone is a good way to gain about 5 yards.

Or snap your neck,.lol...these meathead NFL guys actually copy this move from Madden imagine?...one of them is gonna get killed doing it

Or snap your neck,.lol...these meathead NFL guys actually copy this move from Madden imagine?...one of them is gonna get killed doing it

LOL

No they don't.  At one time "hurdling a defender"  was a penalty partly caused by a kick returner named Mike Battle  

Don't you love it when your team is the one who other teams consider a loss to to be rock bottom?

Ehh, I'm pretty sure woodson would be saying similar things should he have loss to Jax, Houston, Washington, Minny etc.  Doesn't refute your point, other than to say while we may be sittin rock bottom, I guess we have some consolation that we're not alone?  :sad laugh: 

*Little off-topic, but what a dumpster fire it is over in washington. With them losing out on a potential top 5 pick, there's talks that Snyder could be having Shanny clean out his locker this week. Could you imagine this place if we traded 3 first round picks, one a potential top 5, and a couple second rounders to the tune of a 3 or 4 win season? Yikes.

Ehh, I'm pretty sure woodson would be saying similar things should he have loss to Jax, Houston, Washington, Minny etc.  Doesn't refute your point, other than to say while we may be sittin rock bottom, I guess we have some consolation that we're not alone?  :sad laugh: 

*Little off-topic, but what a dumpster fire it is over in washington. With them losing out on a potential top 5 pick, there's talks that Snyder could be having Shanny clean out his locker this week. Could you imagine this place if we traded 3 first round picks, one a potential top 5, and a couple second rounders to the tune of a 3 or 4 win season? Yikes.

With a little recalculation of expectations, hopes, wishes, and dreams, I suppose I can rally behind not being the worst!

Archived