3 plays doomerd the Jets

Jetfan13

1) the blocked punt, 7 points soon after.

2) another nice missed tackle by Milliner on the 72 yd, yes 72 YD screen play, 7 poiints

and 3) another pick-6 by Geno, 7 points.

Final 30-20, 21 points gifted again.

All 3 phases gave up big plays, another team effort.

1) the blocked punt, 7 points soon after.

2) another nice missed tackle by Milliner on the 72 yd, yes 72 YD screen play, 7 poiints

and 3) another pick-6 by Geno, 7 points.

Final 30-20, 21 points gifted again.

All 3 phases gave up big plays, another team effort.

Which one of those are Rex's fault?

Since it is time to pile on- Milliner does not look like he wants to play football and make contact-look at Seattle corners yesterday granted Sherman is the best and then watch Milliner- they attack the receivers and the ball.

I have to say that I was screaming at Reed for not pushing Williams out of bounds, but Milliner did a horrible job.  He should easily have forced a cut back.  They were further from the sideline than I thought.  I don't think Milliner's game was too bad, but that was horrific.  Walls also got some run and was beaten (not badly) and missed at least one tackle. 

I have to say that I was screaming at Reed for not pushing Williams out of bounds, but Milliner did a horrible job.  He should easily have forced a cut back.  They were further from the sideline than I thought.  I don't think Milliner's game was too bad, but that was horrific.  Walls also got some run and was beaten (not badly) and missed at least one tackle. 

The bold sums up my entire line of thoughts on Milliner right now.  Last week was easily his best game and he started off pretty solid this week as well.  He has actually looked to be improving lately, as much as I know many refuse to concede such a thing once they've made a definitive evaluation half a season into a player's career (e.g., see the fact that some people still rant on endlessly about Wilson, despite that he's currently the Jets best cover man).  That said, that all kind of went right down the sh*tter with that play.  Absolutely brutal.  Of course there's many, many more players who deserve to be trashed for that play too, but he was simply the most blatantly obvious of them.

Which one of those are Rex's fault?

The bigger concern on Williams play was the position of the Safety, in this case, Ed Reed.

The acquisition of Reed, which is on Rex, has actually made the secondary worse, and stunted the development of a player in Allen.

THAT is on Rex. Reed has been getting far too many snaps. He should be benched.

The bigger concern on Williams play was the position of the Safety, in this case, Ed Reed.

The acquisition of Reed, which is on Rex, has actually made the secondary worse, and stunted the development of a player in Allen.

+1 it wasn't milliner who was supposed to make that tackle it was ed reed. milliner was being blocked (held) and probably could have fought through it... ed reed was running around free taking bad angles as usual.

and really if we are talking about it... there's 1 play that changed that game, the blocked punt. 16-13 prior and the game blew open after that. By the time the pick 6 happened the game was basically decided.

Can't disagree with this. Antonio Allen was a pleasant surprise on a team that has had very few of them.  If they thought they were getting the Ed Reed of old, that would justify taking Allen out.  But it's blatantly obvious that Reed is finished, and Rex is too loyal to take him out.

Westhoff l retired, Rex's fault.

Reed knows the dee, not working out as well as hoped, Rexs fault

Milliner is Idziks boy, not Rex's. Rex has already benched him 3 times, Rexs fault.

Might snow at Super Bowl, Rexs fault.

Holmes is a major tool, Rexs fault.

Winters (another of Idziks boys) is worse the Ducasse, Rexs fault.

The last slice of pizza I had in Manhaatten sucked, Rexs fault...

GET MY DRIFT YET?

Sure, you can go ahead and blame Reed or Milliner for instead of making it a 60 yard play they allowed it to go 72 and in the end zone, but that was 100% on David Harris. Our $13 million ILB had man coverage on Williams and just got toasted like the slow, albatross that he is. It was the perfect play call for the screen and that was all on Harris. Milliner should have forced him to cut back and Reed took a poor angle, but that play should have been done 50 yards up field. He's do $7 mill next year and is worth about half of that considering how terrible he is in coverage and can no longer make those sideline to sideline plays.

I don't disagree that Reed seems to play too much or that Allen seemed to be coming along nicely.  OTOH, I don't see how it has "stunted the development" of Allen.  Allen was on the field plenty yesterday.  So was Jarrett.  The simple fact is the Jets need an Ed Reey "type" S.  Those guys are all bangers.  Allen seems to have some cover skills, but he is not a rangy CF type.  None of them are and Bush is the one that should be filling that role.  Bush apparently doesn't warrant playing time. 

Westhoff l retired, Rex's fault.

Reed knows the dee, not working out as well as hoped, Rexs fault

Milliner is Idziks boy, not Rex's. Rex has already benched him 3 times, Rexs fault.

Might snow at Super Bowl, Rexs fault.

Holmes is a major tool, Rexs fault.

Winters (another of Idziks boys) is worse the Ducasse, Rexs fault.

The last slice of pizza I had in Manhaatten sucked, Rexs fault...

GET MY DRIFT YET?

A teams record should never be a reflection on the Head Coach.

The Jets were doomerd before the game started.  The Panthers are twice the team.

Shocked they battled the way they did.  Had to play perfect though and those 3 plays were all it took.

True.  I was sure I'd be on my way to the exits by halftime.  The Jets put up a strong showing against a vastly superior opponent.  The blocked punt doesn't happen and who knows from there?  They're far from where they need to be, but I actually felt better about this team after this loss than I did after a few of the wins they've gotten this season.

Kind of makes you think that coaching isn't the problem......

Coaching may not be THE problem, as in, the reason this team is where it is.  But, far too often, coaching is A problem for this team.

Further, and at least where my position is, I just don't see how you can extend a coach who is about to turn in his 3rd straight non-winning/non-playoffs season.  There's a lot of reasons why that happened that go well beyond the coach, but that doesn't mean you reward a coach for this with a new contract.

Kind of makes you think that coaching isn't the problem......

It certainly wasnt yesterday.  They were well prepared and played pretty damn good.  Coaches had the right calls dialed up there was just a breakdown in execution.

Coaching is the least of the Jets problems.  Its just easy to point the finger at the Head Coach so that what the average fan does.

Coaching may not be THE problem, as in, the reason this team is where it is.  But, far too often, coaching is A problem for this team.

Further, and at least where my position is, I just don't see how you can extend a coach who is about to turn in his 3rd straight non-winning/non-playoffs season.  There's a lot of reasons why that happened that go well beyond the coach, but that doesn't mean you reward a coach for this with a new contract.

He's got another year left on his deal. You don't need to give him a new contract. 

Rex not being the biggest problem, or not being part of the problem doesn't mean you don't start fresh. The offense has not been good since he's been here. The defense has also gotten worse each year under Rex.

True but pointing the finger at Rex is just lazy. 

He's one of the few positives on the Jets.

Why? 

I don't have nearly the level of issues with Rex as a lot of guys, but it's tough to argue this one.  The NFL simply does not do lame duck head coaches, for a whole list of reasons, and I can't imagine the Jets would want to either.  Like it or not, there probably needs to be some degree of decision involving Rex this offseason, even if it's just a short extension.  It's all of this that makes me feel exactly the same way I did last offseason, I don't particularly hate the guy or blame him for everything to the same extent as others, but I also wouldn't particularly blame the team if they opted to go in a different direction.

I don't have nearly the level of issues with Rex as a lot of guys, but it's tough to argue this one.  The NFL simply does not do lame duck head coaches, for a whole list of reasons, and I can't imagine the Jets would want to either.  Like it or not, there probably needs to be some degree of decision involving Rex this offseason, even if it's just a short extension.  It's all of this that makes me feel exactly the same way I did last offseason, I don't particularly hate the guy or blame him for everything to the same extent as others, but I also wouldn't particularly blame the team if they opted to go in a different direction.

How would you feel about them going in another direction if Rex's first post-firing call was from Bill Belichick?

Archived