Jets Decline to Commit to Geno as Starter

Gastineau Lives

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bring in at least two guys who can give him competition, but I think Geno is the guy here and we're just going through formalities. Can't just HAND the man the job as a second year player with an uneven rookie year, but I think the Jets have made it at least a little clear that they really buy into Geno. 

BY most accounts he was beaten out by Simms. Do think it's a healthys ign Idzik ws noncommittal, but the "competition" thing didn't matter much this season. I think SMith is awful in a Sanchez kind of way, and know Simms has the best arm of anyone the Jets have ahd since Testaverde. Whether he can do the other things, we don't know and we could've found out the last few games. Didn't happen.

Sims came off the bench and did not play too well , Geno has more of a up side with the running

The Texans have to top pick and are in Texas, and are dumping Schaub. Would bet a serious sum Maziel off last night's latest incredible game is not getting past them.

that would be something else if he goes #1 overall.    I was thinking Cleveland @ 4.  

this thread is a joewillie circle jerk....I can never keep track of who's who

The Texans have to top pick and are in Texas, and are dumping Schaub. Would bet a serious sum Maziel off last night's latest incredible game is not getting past them.

Then They should at least trade down to the 6-8 range and take Manziel then and get an extra 2015 #1 and a 2014 #2

ALL of the following would be better than Geno:

Manziel

McCarron

Bridgewater

Bortles

Carr

Murray

Mettenberg

Garrapolo

McCown

Vick

Cutler

Cousins

But REX could ruin any of them in a heartbeat.

Hey are you reading my mind? There are a number more also.  Back up qb's like Moore, Mallet  and Hill.  They must find a QB, I'd take one in 1st round and get it over with. This is an extremely deep draft at the WR position.  By the time we pick at #18 Bridgewater, Manziel, Bortles, Carr and Hundley will be gone.  Texans, Jags, Vikes, Browns, Raiders will all pick a QB. Even Tennessee may draft one. Mettenberg or Garrapolo would be my pick, leaning town Garrapolo.  This kid has a quick release and has a strong arm.....and displays incredible humility. He is the antithesis of Geno Sux Smith.

Sweet jumpin' Jesus on a pogo stick! Che stronzo! Not even one day into the effin' New Year and a Joe Willie thread makes me want to end it all right now.  I cannot take another year of the $hit.  Let the suicide watch begin.  

None of the Joe Willies started this thread come down off the ledge.

May, 2014 dream scenario:

With the 1st pick, the Houston Texans select TEDDY BRIDGEWATER QB, Louisville

We have a trade, The NY JETS trade this years #1, #2, and next years #2, to the St Louis Rams (via Washington) , and select

JOHNNY MANZIEL, QB, TA+M

Oh, and then Fire Rex.

Dream case scenario would be we trade up with the Bucs at #7 or Atlanta at #6 and draft this kid. And as for the people saying the Texans are drafting Manziel over Bridgewater, not happening. Texans are drafting Bridgewater unless he absolutely bombs the interview.

Dream case scenario would be we trade up with the Bucs at #7 or Atlanta at #6 and draft this kid. And as for the people saying the Texans are drafting Manziel over Bridgewater, not happening. Texans are drafting Bridgewater unless he absolutely bombs the interview.

Right after the bowl game today they said the Texans might be drafting Clowney to help J.J Watt on defense

Geno earned the right to compete but didn't do nearly enough as a second round pick with minimal financial commitment to be handed the starting job. Let him learn this off season ad see if he can correct the laundry lost of issues he demonstrated this season.

Right after the bowl game today they said the Texans might be drafting Clowney to help J.J Watt on defense

If they did this texan fans would riot. No way you pass up on a potential franchise qb. Some analysts have been calling Bridgewater the second best prospect of this decade after Luck.

Hey are you reading my mind? There are a number more also.  Back up qb's like Moore, Mallet  and Hill.  They must find a QB, I'd take one in 1st round and get it over with. This is an extremely deep draft at the WR position.  By the time we pick at #18 Bridgewater, Manziel, Bortles, Carr and Hundley will be gone.  Texans, Jags, Vikes, Browns, Raiders will all pick a QB. Even Tennessee may draft one. Mettenberg or Garrapolo would be my pick, leaning town Garrapolo.  This kid has a quick release and has a strong arm.....and displays incredible humility. He is the antithesis of Geno Sux Smith.

Hah, we hear guys on this board, draft a TE, or best WR available, or even Safety or linebacker. This is a QB driven league, period and our QB is awful. Yeah, lets draft a LB or TE in the best QB draft in the past 20 years. BRILLIANT.

Look, I dont care who they have to trade with, just make it happen. We now have 1 and 1A, and we have plenty of firepower to satbilize this franchise for the next 10 years. If we dont, then we waffle on this guy or that guy, like we have done the past 5 years, with the 2 worst starting QB's in football ( I think, although maybe its the coach), and watch these guys tear up the rest of the league while we watch a consistent 65 on the QBR meter. woo hoo

Sweet jumpin' Jesus on a pogo stick! Che stronzo! Not even one day into the effin' New Year and a Joe Willie thread makes me want to end it all right now.  I cannot take another year of the $hit.  Let the suicide watch begin.  

Drink copious amounts of Rocky Mountain Brew.

Look, I dont care who they have to trade with, just make it happen. We now have 1 and 1A, and we have plenty of firepower to satbilize this franchise for the next 10 years. If we dont, then we waffle on this guy or that guy, like we have done the past 5 years, with the 2 worst starting QB's in football ( I think, although maybe its the coach), and watch these guys tear up the rest of the league while we watch a consistent 65 on the QBR meter. woo hoo

Moving up to number 2 where St. Louis is would require a king's ransom. Our best hope is that he falls to 6 or 7 where we could at worst only have to give up our 1st, a second, and some late rounder.

Moving up to number 2 where St. Louis is would require a king's ransom. Our best hope is that he falls to 6 or 7 where we could at worst only have to give up our 1st, a second, and some late rounder.

Do you really believe He's going to drop to 6 or 7? One of those teams who desperately need him, will definitely put together a package to get to #2 , which St Louis will gladly accomodate.

This is shaping up to be so much like the Luck/RGIII draft, where they couldnt wait to get to #2 and take Griffin. Same thing happens here, and lets hope its IDZIK pulling the trigger.

Do you really believe He's going to drop to 6 or 7? One of those teams who desperately need him, will definitely put together a package to get to #2 , which St Louis will gladly accomodate.

This is shaping up to be so much like the Luck/RGIII draft, where they couldnt wait to get to #2 and take Griffin. Same thing happens here, and lets hope its IDZIK pulling the trigger.

Nah, I still think Carr and Bortles go ahead of him cause of their measurables and being the stereotypical pocket passer. Throw Clowney, Barr, and Matthews into the mix and you have him falling out of the top 5.

Nah, I still think Carr and Bortles go ahead of him cause of their measurables and being the stereotypical pocket passer. Throw Clowney, Barr, and Matthews into the mix and you have him falling out of the top 5.

Man, I hope you are right, but the show he put on, along with his charisma, leadership, intangibles etc. are off the chart.

They can have stereotype, I'll take this dude with his cockiness, confidence. leadership. Even REX (who I cant stand), I think could have some fun with this kid, and even let the kid sling it around, and make things happen with his feet.

It pains me to think that this KID could save Rex's job, but I would sign up for that in a heartbeat, if it means watching Johnny Football run wild, while the 65 QBR WVU grad holds the clipboard.

Man, I hope you are right, but the show he put on, along with his charisma, leadership, intangibles etc. are off the chart.

They can have stereotype, I'll take this dude with his cockiness, confidence. leadership. Even REX (who I cant stand), I think could have some fun with this kid, and even let the kid sling it around, and make things happen with his feet.

It pains me to think that this KID could save Rex's job, but I would sign up for that in a heartbeat, if it means watching Johnny Football run wild, while the 65 QBR WVU grad holds the clipboard.

I suggest go re-watch both his games against LSU before you continue to publicly fellate him. Have you seen how terrible he looks when he can't escape the pocket and create offense via broken plays?? F*cking terrible.

I suggest go re-watch both his games against LSU before you continue to publicly fellate him. Have you seen how terrible he looks when he can't escape the pocket and create offense via broken plays?? F*cking terrible.

Have you seen just how plain BAD our current QB is from the pocket, scrambling, under center, shotgun etc?

Sorry, but I have watched just about every game this kid has played, even the LSU, games, and everytime I see him play, I am even more impressed with him. In fact, last year I was luke warm on him, but watching him this year took it to whole new level. I thought he would WILT this year after the controversey in the off-season, but the kid just went crazy again this year. I'm sold 100% that he is a Franchise guy, and oh no, could even save Rex's job. I cant believe i said that he could save that Bums job.

Have you seen just how plain BAD our current QB is from the pocket, scrambling, under center, shotgun etc?

Sorry, but I have watched just about every game this kid has played, even the LSU, games, and everytime I see him play, I am even more impressed with him. In fact, last year I was luke warm on him, but watching him this year took it to whole new level. I thought he would WILT this year after the controversey in the off-season, but the kid just went crazy again this year. I'm sold 100% that he is a Franchise guy, and oh no, could even save Rex's job. I cant believe i said that he could save that Bums job.

What I see in the pocket is a QB who scans the field at a very advanced level. His foot work is flawless and his decision making as to when to leave the pocket is right on the money. I don't think the Jets will call many designed runs for him if they draft him but him using his feet to get out of trouble will be huge for a team lacking in skill players. Just the excitement he brings and energy will be contagious. Hes the perfect QB for a young team to grow around since he can make a lot happen out of nothing. Who was the last Jets QB who could do that ?

LSU was a game in which the whole team got whopped, throw in the fact that he was hurt during the stretch in which he did bad, and its excusable. Also, the guy made major improvements towards being a pocket passer. I'm guessing you didn't watch the game against Duke? He went through multiple reads during that game and played nearly flawless. The kid has amazing accuracy on the run and has good accuracy in the pocket. He's a solid qb. The problem is his size, and I don't mean height wise. The kids pretty light and he's been hurt numerous times this year, that would be my major concern with Manziel, can he stay healthy?

Jets shouldn't touch a QB until round 3...bringing in a first rd QB and passing on a TE or WR is a mistake.  They failed to get top tier weapons for Sanchez and they can't continue to ignore the need at the skill positions.  They need to make life easier on the offense and not make every possession just a grind it out process to put points on the board.  They need to have some skill players that are a mismatch for the defense and they don't have that anywhere on offense.

Jets shouldn't touch a QB until round 3...bringing in a first rd QB and passing on a TE or WR is a mistake.  They failed to get top tier weapons for Sanchez and they can't continue to ignore the need at the skill positions.  They need to make life easier on the offense and not make every possession just a grind it out process to put points on the board.  They need to have some skill players that are a mismatch for the defense and they don't have that anywhere on offense.

That would mean they are 100% committed to Mr.. 63 QB rating.   

What I see in the pocket is a QB who scans the field at a very advanced level. His foot work is flawless and his decision making as to when to leave the pocket is right on the money. I don't think the Jets will call many designed runs for him if they draft him but him using his feet to get out of trouble will be huge for a team lacking in skill players. Just the excitement he brings and energy will be contagious. Hes the perfect QB for a young team to grow around since he can make a lot happen out of nothing. Who was the last Jets QB who could do that ?

The last Jet QB to do that? NONE, we havent had anything near what Manziel brings. I like your analysisi of "the perfect QB for a young team to grow around". He would excite this fanbase like no player since Namath.

Archived