Ireland out in Miami

dbatesman

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10259808/miami-dolphins-gm-jeff-ireland-part-ways

Jeff Ireland no longer Dolphins GM
Updated: January 7, 2014, 6:50 PM ET
By James Walker | ESPN.com

The Miami Dolphins have severed ties with general manager Jeff Ireland, the team announced Tuesday.

The Dolphins described the move as a mutual parting of ways. However, Ireland was firmly in the hot seat after five consecutive non-winning seasons in Miami. Ireland spent more than $200 million in free agency only to finish 8-8 this season.

"I want to personally thank Jeff for his hard work and dedication in building the team over the past six years," Ross said. "After a series of discussions, we both felt that it was in our mutual best interest to part ways. Jeff was a loyal and dedicated member of the Dolphins and we wish him and his family nothing but the best."

Earlier this week, the Dolphins also fired offensive coordinator Mike Sherman after two seasons.

Bad news for us.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We just proved this false. When you have an upcoming star at HC you don't fire him just cause the last GM couldn't surround him with any talent

Guaranteed the new GM fires Philbin, and he will probably try to use the whole dysfunctionality of the bullying episode as his reason, which of course is complete malarky, as it is simply another GM wanting his own guy. Happens all the time, like in Chicago and to the NY J.......................uh, scratch that.

Guaranteed the new GM fires Philbin, and he will probably try to use the whole dysfunctionality of the bullying episode as his reason, which of course is complete malarky, as it is simply another GM wanting his own guy. Happens all the time, like in Chicago and to the NY J.......................uh, scratch that.

Ross will protect Philbin for a year at least. I think he's a decent coach. The Fish actually have talent, they've just loaded up on some sh*t contracts. Amuses me that the best player on the team was brought in by Parcells. Parcells. Parcells. Parcells.

Carl Peterson knows what he's doing, Phillbin will be fine

Mangini at GM would not be good for us.

It would be great because him and Parcells are in al Qaeda prolly. #JetsFanFacts

It would sure be amusing watching Mangini's attempts at a culture shift by first telling J-Lo and Marc Anthony to go f*ck themselves, scrapping Hispanic Heritage Night and then poisoning the champagne for the '72 Dolphins' annual meet-up.

Mangini at GM would not be good for us.

It would be awesome. Few things in this world are as overrated as Eric Mangini's talent evaluation skills. I so fear a team anchored by Vernon Gholstons and Brett Ratliffs.

Wow. I've never heard that before. Hopefully they hire Mangini so I don't have to be wary anymore.

The story behind how you were forever scarred by everyone from the Parcellsian Coaching Tree would make an awesome mini-series. You'll be played by Mark Harmon.

Archived