FA Guards and W/R rankings per PFF

eboozer

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/01/2014-free-agent-guards/

I think Richie I. could be a very good value here.Stillrelatively young, not a lot of snaps, hungry to prove something, and most of the guys in the locker room had his back vs. Martin. Other guys are gonna be pretty expensive.... who do you guys like for a reasonable contract.

Name Age2013 Team Rating Snaps

Travelle Wharton 33 CAR UFA 20.5 851

Geoff Schwartz 28 KC UFA 18.6 549

Jon Asamoah 26 KC UFA 7.9 673

Shelley Smith 27 SL UFA 7.0 371

Richie Incognito 31 MIA UFA 6.8 472

Mike Pollak 29 Cin UFA 4.9 374

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/01/2014-free-agent-wide-receivers/

Out of this group, only Decker , Tate, Cooper offer us the type of player we are missing, IMO.

Macklin is the wild card and could be had at a reduced price since PHI can't sign both he and Cooper.

Name Age 2013 Team Rating Snaps

Anquan Boldin 33 SF UFA 17.9 831

Eric Decker 27 DEN UFA 16.9 1073

Doug Baldwin 25 SEA RFA 11.0 773

Golden Tate 26 SEA UFA 11.0 790

Jerricho Cotchery 32 PIT UFA 10.3 648

Julian Edelman 28 NE UFA 8.9 1038

Jerome Simpson 28 MIN UFA 6.8 658

Robert Meachem 29 PHI UFA 5.3 1002

Riley Cooper 26 PHI UFA 5.3 1002

Ted Ginn 29 CAR UFA 4.4 508

my first 3 offers for the guards, in order

asamoah

smith

Schwartz

and for WR

Baldwin

tate

simpson

Baldwin's a RFA. Seattle can match the offer, or you can lose a draft pick. We'll see how they choose to tender him

Asamoah at G

Crazy D Milliner was the #1 ranked CB on PFF for the month of December, and was also the highest targeted CB (38 times), I think that is a big deal, and should shut up the "it was a fluke, I still think he stinks" crowd!

Obvious the day Eric Decker signs with the Jets would be like a parade in the streets. not happening. would be v happy with Jerome Simpson. 50 catches on a terrible Vikings team, he's youngish at 27, he's 6'2" 

the guard list looks terrible. only asomoah has upside 

No one is interested in Incognito. Players hate playing against him, but it seems as if teammates love having him on their side.

the Incognito with Rex reclamation story could be very interesting indeed. And not in a good way.  Incognito is the ultimate boom or bust signing. 

Ok so then don't resign Colon..

the dude suffered a fairly serious injury. I think what probably happens is they put that position on a plate for William Campbell, draft another Campbell for depth and if that's not working out,  check back in with Willie Colon around week 3 of training camp. Cause no one's rushing out to sign a guy who blew up his arm in the last week of the season.  Idzik's given starting guard positions away before he will do it again. This guy is all about getting his draft picks to be "starters" 

the dude suffered a fairly serious injury. I think what probably happens is they put that position on a plate for William Campbell, draft another Campbell for depth and if that's not working out,  check back in with Willie Colon around week 3 of training camp. Cause no one's rushing out to sign a guy who blew up his arm in the last week of the season.  Idzik's given starting guard positions away before he will do it again. This guy is all about getting his draft picks to be "starters" 

I'm not willing to assume the former DT is going to make the transition to guard after being four years removed from playing OT in high school. If Idzik doesn't bring back Colon or someone to man that RG spot, I think that would be a pretty big mistake.

the Incognito with Rex reclamation story could be very interesting indeed. And not in a good way.  Incognito is the ultimate boom or bust signing. 

The guy keeps getting signed to good size contracts. $13 mil w/ dolphins 3 years ago. Cutting him would have saved nearly $3 mil last season. He can't be that bad to keep around for $4mil/yr. Aside from the whole bullying thing and being considered a "dirty player" he has always been picked up as a FA..... and I'm not talking the Vet minimum kind either

Incognito is a probowler.  Adding him to our roster not only bolsters our OL, but it sticks it to the fish.  What's not to like?

Finally! Someone who GETS IT! And..... he'll be cheaper than all those other guys due to the locker room $hit that went on.

2 yr. $4 mil...

Archived