Have a good Jets vibe about 2014. Zona in Feb 2015?

SouthernJet

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I aint BSing, I really do. Agree, its hard to justify, but I feel 'something'. And no, I didnt have Chili/peppers last night  :)

I feel ya, if for no other reason than I don't think I've seen a Jets' team at the end of the season still that excited about playing football. Our team and best players are very young and all of them seem to love the game, which is something that has been lacking for a while. I know the schedule looks like it's going to be brutal, but there's something about the way that we finished the season that has me optimistic, moreso than in recent years. 

Someone has been drinking too many Coors Lights. This team is a year or two away from the playoffs, at least.

dont agree,,maybe 2 years from legit super bowl run, but a playoff run,,PLEASE!!

we were in a darn playoff run this year as BAD as played until late in December..

dont agree,,maybe 2 years from legit super bowl run, but a playoff run,,PLEASE!!

we were in a darn playoff run this year as BAD as played until late in December..

At no point this season were the Jets considered a serious playoff contender and if they had made it, they would have been waxed because they were not a good team.

This team has serious problems in the secondary and on offense. And still huge questions at QB.

I am all for positivity, but I'm also a realist. 

At no point this season were the Jets considered a serious playoff contender and if they had made it, they would have been waxed because they were not a good team.

This team has serious problems in the secondary and on offense. And still huge questions at QB.

I am all for positivity, but I'm also a realist. 

Are you always that wrong, LOL

Of course we were in playoff contention till late in season, being serious contender is different issue. You need to polish your semantics.

I agree with you.  This team is perfectly poised for a bounce-back season.   Everything form the front office, coaching and on-field personnel will all be trending upwards.  I rate the Jets a STRONG BUY.

Are you always that wrong, LOL

Of course we were in playoff contention till late in season, being serious contender is different issue. You need to polish your semantics.

Phrase it however you want, but the Jets were all but done after that terrivble Bills game. In November. They weren't eliminated until December 17th when they were 6-8? That's because the rest of the AFC was crap.

The Jets were never serious contenders for a spot. Anyone who thinks so is delusional.

Phrase it however you want, but the Jets were all but done after that terrivble Bills game. In November. They weren't eliminated until December 17th when they were 6-8? That's because the rest of the AFC was crap.

The Jets were never serious contenders for a spot. Anyone who thinks so is delusional.

again, serious vs sneaking into playoffs, aka 'in contention'..

still its meaningful games late in year ,whether you think you have a SB worthy team or not..

Hang in there kiddo, you have a lot to offer. Turn that frown upside down ;):)

lets see how the offseason goes. this team won 8 games with one of the 3 worst offenses in the league. upgrading the offense swhould definitely have usin the playoffs. but its gonna be dependent upon the qb position mostly

Agreed

I think they need at least 2 wr's, 1 rb and a TE, some help at safety and some OL work. All of which is do-able IMHO if they draft well and play the FA market well. 

again, serious vs sneaking into playoffs, aka 'in contention'..

still its meaningful games late in year ,whether you think you have a SB worthy team or not..

Hang in there kiddo, you have a lot to offer. Turn that frown upside down ;):)

The last 3 weeks of the season were meaningless.   They were really never in the game against the Panthers  and then all the hope was for other teams losing out. But wait, the Ravens kicked  a FG to win a game and that was that.      It was nice to see the team win two in a row finally, but again, this team was pretty much out of it the last 3 weeks of the season.  So "late" in the season to me isn't For most of December the Jets were not in any conversation about the postseason.

I mean the Jacksonville Jags and Raiders weren't exactly out of it "late" in the season either.

The last 3 weeks of the season were meaningless.   They were really never in the game against the Panthers  and then all the hope was for other teams losing out. But wait, the Ravens kicked  a FG to win a game and that was that.      It was nice to see the team win two in a row finally, but again, this team was pretty much out of it the last 3 weeks of the season.  So "late" in the season to me isn't For most of December the Jets were not in any conversation about the postseason.

I mean the Jacksonville Jags and Raiders weren't exactly out of it "late" in the season either.

again, we were in contention late into season.. did we suck? ya, but we were still in math contention..

again, we were in contention late into season.. did we suck? ya, but we were still in math contention..

Bit made a good point.  When you haven't made the playoffs in 3 years, you're automatically not a Super Bowl contender until you start getting back to the playoffs year in and year out.  We missed our window in 2010 because we didn't have a QB.  3 years later we still probably don't have a QB, and our roster is a blank slate.

Just look what happened to the Panthers this year.  Earned a bye, had a great season, got smoked by a more experienced playoff team in the Niners. 

Bit made a good point.  When you haven't made the playoffs in 3 years, you're automatically not a Super Bowl contender until you start getting back to the playoffs year in and year out.

Just look what happened to the Panthers this year.  Earned a bye, had a great season, got smoked by a more experienced playoff team in the Niners. 

yup, but getting in is great for fans and being in hunt late in season makes gameday vibe all the more fun.

Someone has been drinking too many Coors Lights. This team is a year or two away from the playoffs, at least.

Theirs no way you could ever drink enough Coors Lites, to get bombed enough to state that the "Jets will be in the Super Bowl" next year.

Hell, I'd have to drink a 30 pack just to believe that they could be 8-8 again with Smith playing QB for us another year.

Mathematically alive=We Suck, but the fans are still suckered in.

I dont know what you mean by 'suckered in"?

Do you suggest not rooting or going to game cause we arent playoff run capable?

I knew we blew last year and even if a miracle happened we had no playoff run in us, but I bled Green til lend and always will.

I dont know what you mean by 'suckered in"?

Do you suggest not rooting or going to game cause we arent playoff run capable?

I knew we blew last year and even if a miracle happened we had no playoff run in us, but I bled Green til lend and always will.

Suckered in simply means that by being" mathematically alive", we get fans who actually beleive that there team can make the playoffs, as long as about a million different impossible permutations take place, and every team that must lose by more than 28 points to an afc east opponent etc. etc. etc.

When your team sucks, it sucks, and mathematically alive is about as lame as every team at the beginning of the season saying we are 0-0 and have a shot.

Suckered in simply means that by being" mathematically alive", we get fans who actually beleive that there team can make the playoffs, as long as about a million different impossible permutations take place, and every team that must lose by more than 28 points to an afc east opponent etc. etc. etc.

When your team sucks, it sucks, and mathematically alive is about as lame as every team at the beginning of the season saying we are 0-0 and have a shot.

nah..

If my team is still in race (even if I know we suck) it brings a little more electricity to gameday..

come on guys...Bleed Green

nah..

If my team is still in race (even if I know we suck) it brings a little more electricity to gameday..

come on guys...Bleed Green

I commend you for your enthusiasm and optimism, but yesterday was 45 years to the day, since the last time, and after 45 years, "mathematically alive", "we are 0-0 and have a shot", "we are showing improvement"etc etc etc, just aint good enough anymore.

Archived