Brian Schottenheimer interviewing for Vanderbilt HC position

Jetsfan80

The college ranks seem like a good fit for him.  He has the personality for it.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10296959/brian-schottenheimer-st-louis-rams-interview-vanderbilt-commodores-coaching-job

Brian Schottenheimer to interview
Updated: January 15, 2014, 12:43 PM ET

ESPN.com news services

St. Louis Rams offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer is interviewing Wednesday for the Vanderbilt head-coaching job, league sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Schottenheimer, son of NFL coaching icon Marty Schottenheimer, was the OC with the New York Jets from 2006 to 2011 before joining the Rams in 2012.

He's drawn mixed reviews as he's helped the Rams improve in scoring in each of his two seasons. The Rams finished 30th in total yards and 22nd in scoring in 2013 despite playing more than half the season without starting quarterback Sam Bradford.

The Vandy vacancy is a result of the departure of James Franklin, who replaced Bill O'Brien as coach at Penn State last week. Franklin guided the Commodores to a 24-15 mark in three seasons and won back-to-back bowl games, a first in program history.

Athletic director David Williams said Saturday that "there's already a list of 20-25 people who've reached out to us."

Stanford defensive coordinator Derek Mason, Indianapolis Colts offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton and Vanderbilt offensive line coach Herb Hand are also among the candidates, sources have told Schefter and ESPN's Joe Schad.

Vanderbilt's last search for a coach was for a program that had played in only four bowls in its history and went 36-114 from 2000 to 2010. The Commodores posted only one winning record (2008) in the 28 seasons before Franklin was hired.

Information from ESPN.com Rams reporter Nick Wagoner and The Associated Press is included in this report.

This makes sense for him.  He should go to college and reinvent himself.  He is still young, if he has some success the NFL could come calling again someday.

Fairy Tale? What ex Jet  coach would ever go back to college, win a couple national championships (by cheating of course), then come back to the NFL, and be playing for a chance to go to the SB with an undersized QB drafted in the 3rd round. Complete Fairy Tale, I tell ya.

Hmmm......maybe Rex should.........nah, wont go there

Fairy Tale? What ex Jet  coach would ever go back to college, win a couple national championships (by cheating of course), then come back to the NFL, and be playing for a chance to go to the SB with an undersized QB drafted in the 3rd round. Complete Fairy Tale, I tell ya.

Hmmm......maybe Rex should.........nah, wont go there

Win a national championship? At Vanderbilt? :rl:

Florida did pick up a nice recruit from PSU today (Holley, DE), but I am very happy with the Franklin hire.

We always get great recruits.  Unfortunatley we dont have the coaching staff we once did to coach these kids up and we just signed another slug OC who was running someone elses system.

Dont get me started with Franklin...thats who I wanted when the Gators took Muscramp. 

For BC to dominate the ACC.

I know FSU just won the national title and all, but even so, who gives a sh*t who dominates the ACC?  Wake Forest once won that conference.  Wake.  Forest.  You know, that med school with like 3,000 students who used to have a basketball team.

I know FSU just won the national title and all, but even so, who gives a sh*t who dominates the ACC? Wake Forest once won that conference. Wake. Forest. You know, that med school with like 3,000 students who used to have a basketball team.

clemson was like, preseason #1 and FSU ended #1.

BC was in both games.

Archived