Richie Incognito

Jetknowledge

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quality of player x Attendant media attention surrounding player/ Potential disruption %= Viability of signing player.

Past ratings:

Randy Moss: 78 viability

Bill Romanowski: 72 viability

Terrell Owens: 56 viability

Jeff George: 64 viability

Incognito: 14 viability

Tebow: 3 viability

What did your HS basketball coach say when you schooled Vince Carter?

Funny story about that, Vince had 28 pts, 18 rebs, and 8 blocks in the first half.  It was like Jordan was on the court.  Standing room only in the gym.  Insane.

My coach, at half time, down by 38 pts...."Guys, Guys, that #23...he's not that good!".  lol

Vince didnt play the 2nd half.

This doesn't dispute what you're saying, but it got me to look things up.  

Age of our current OL:

Ferguson: 30

Winters: 22

Mangold: 30 

Colon: 30

Howard: 26

Incognito: 30

He would actually fit right in, it's not like he's on the last legs of his career. 

Fit in as a guy on the last legs of his career. We should be preparing to transition from Ferguson and Mangold, not getting more temporary placeholders 

Dang, thought for sure you'd catch the old reference.

He certainly should have.  Six to midnight indeed!

he's been "not worth it" since his Nebraska days

he has been cut more times than in the pro-bowl.

This.   

I'm not a doctor but I've played one on tv and to get kicked out of Nebraska, you have to have some serious issues:

Incognito's doctor would soon prescribe him Paxil, a medication used to treat a range of disorders, from depression to general anxiety. And while, to this day, Incognito has never been formally diagnosed with any specific mental illness, he knows the medicine has helped change his life.

http://www.nfl.com/incognito

yea this could only go well for the Jets

Another one. Incognito is a JAG.

I'd rather see if Winters can improve than bring in this colossal waste of time.

He's a jag that could easily start on this team. Winters is a good backup and could work his way into the starting line up. Coggy could start and be cut if need be no strings attached. Win win

He's a jag that could easily start on this team. Winters is a good backup and could work his way into the starting line up. Coggy could start and be cut if need be no strings attached. Win win

I think we need to aim higher. 

I guarantee Incognito will not be the best FA option out there. 

This doesn't dispute what you're saying, but it got me to look things up.  

Age of our current OL:

Ferguson: 30

Winters: 22

Mangold: 30 

Colon: 30

Howard: 26

Incognito: 30

He would actually fit right in, it's not like he's on the last legs of his career. 

That's my point, I want to get younger. You've already seen Ferguson and Mangold's play diminish from their earlier years and I don't see any reason to keep bringing in guys on one or two year deals.  Eventually, Mangold and Brick are going to be replaced and it would be nice to have a stable LG, RG, RT already in place to alleviate the transition. Plus, if any unit thrives on consistency, it's the offensive line.

That's my point, I want to get younger. You've already seen Ferguson and Mangold's play diminish from their earlier years and I don't see any reason to keep bringing in guys on one or two year deals.  Eventually, Mangold and Brick are going to be replaced and it would be nice to have a stable LG, RG, RT already in place to alleviate the transition. Plus, if any unit thrives on consistency, it's the offensive line.

its called qb development. cant just bring in "young" guys to start, ala winters, and expect them to protect a learning qb. you need to draft young guys, while a stop gap plays, until the young guy learns how to play at the professional level

its called qb development. cant just bring in "young" guys to start, ala winters, and expect them to protect a learning qb. you need to draft young guys, while a stop gap plays, until the young guy learns how to play at the professional level

No, it's called drafting a career offensive tackle and then expect him to play guard in the NFL without any other viable alternatives in front of him. I had no problem with Colon this past year, but I would rather us address it via the draft if they don't believe Campbell or Aboushi will ever get there.  31 other teams in the NFL are capable of drafting guards who actually played guard in college and have them be productive without getting their QB killed.  

No, it's called drafting a career offensive tackle and then expect him to play guard in the NFL without any other viable alternatives in front of him. I had no problem with Colon this past year, but I would rather us address it via the draft if they don't believe Campbell or Aboushi will ever get there.  31 other teams in the NFL are capable of drafting guards who actually played guard in college and have them be productive without getting their QB killed.  

meh, colon is no prize,imo. luckily, his yearly injury came late in the year. they probably drafted oboushi because they felt the value was there for, as you said, a career starter at Virginia, and they had not 1 back up tackle on the team. don't believe everything that is written about what the jets expect out of their late round picks. I sure don't. if he can produce at guard. great. if he can be serviceable as a back up tackle. just as good. if he sucks, oh well. cant expect to hit all the late rounders. fwiw, I wasn't really impressed with the 5th thru 7th round draft picks. there were some safties,running backs, and linebackers that I liked better.

but he threw a racial slur at a rookie team mate. he's no good. we do not need this cheap talent at a position of need on the jets. the jets need to keep drafting developmental olineman to start and protect our  developmental rookie qb, that's how things work around here

meh, colon is no prize,imo. luckily, his yearly injury came late in the year. they probably drafted oboushi because they felt the value was there for, as you said, a career starter at Virginia, and they had not 1 back up tackle on the team. don't believe everything that is written about what the jets expect out of their late round picks. I sure don't. if he can produce at guard. great. if he can be serviceable as a back up tackle. just as good. if he sucks, oh well. cant expect to hit all the late rounders. fwiw, I wasn't really impressed with the 5th thru 7th round draft picks. there were some safties,running backs, and linebackers that I liked better.

I was actually referring to Winters being the OT who was forced to kick inside, but you're right, Aboushi counts as well. Add to it that Campbell was a college DT and all three of our young OG prospects never played much, if any guard in college. Kind of amusing actually.  If it were me, I would have traded up a few spots to grab Warford, as he was by far the best OG left on the board, but I suspect Idzik wanted the board to come to him, which I can't complain about. I like that Winters seemed to come on at the end of the season, but it will be very disappointing if Aboushi and Campbell are DNPCD for a second straight year.

Archived