The Curse of the Black Pearl - Mafia - game over

Leelou

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dark down in that tunnel? Care to even put together a bullsh*t case? Or gonna keep talking out yer ass?

A case?  Why sure!

Could have easily been Town. Vig's have many reasons they would take a shot early, kickstarting the game being just one. And no, this isn't a softclaim, I didn't shoot Jif.

Subtle defense of the shooter and offering up suggestions of motivation.  An altogether pointless exercise clearly intended as a distraction.

Verb getting run up to L-2 in three hours stinks. There's scum on that train fo sho.

Unvote. Vote Smash.

As if you don't know we like to run quick trains here.  

The actual odds of him being lynched were slim to none. Almost every vote was for lulz.

Again defending the shooter.

You, Nolder, Smash, Lily. I'd string up any of you happily.

Looks like you're willing to kill just about anyone here.

Overall you've been playing on the fringes, not really getting in the middle of anything.  Your reasons for not lynching an impatient vig who was shooting for the lulz were interesting.  Seems to me that the scum team would want to keep the vig alive, especially in light of the fact that there's a vest (coin) floating around.  

If Nolder finally graces us with his presence and gives us a reason to peel votes off him, you should be the next target.

Worth noting that Lily is avoiding another long train.  Also, as much as I'd like to think this is just new 80 he's done the chest-out bravado before (think Inception game, he was scum and puppet master that game).

I didn't agree with lynching the potential vig. What's scummy about that?

I think what Ishy did was scummy, and depending on what Nol has to say, I might switch. We'll see. 

don't get crazy..  the reason he's dead is because he tried to do something manly.  I'm sure after this he'll go back to playing his power roles like a sissy.

good point, i'm sure he wet himself after submitting the kll

Ok I'm caught up.

I think everyone has checked in and no one CC'd Pac about the coin...so I dunno I guess I was wrong about all that.

God I feel dirty.

Unvote

And speaking of being wrong.

If I was wrong about those three then maybe I was wrong about Ishy just being dumbtown earlier.

Seems like a decent place to start over I think.

Vote Ishy

Worth noting that Lily is avoiding another long train.  Also, as much as I'd like to think this is just new 80 he's done the chest-out bravado before (think Inception game, he was scum and puppet master that game).

I didn't agree with lynching the potential vig. What's scummy about that?

I think what Ishy did was scummy, and depending on what Nol has to say, I might switch. We'll see. 

Well, in that case.

Unvote

Vote Nolder

Interesting interaction here with AVM either setting Lily up to vote or prodding her along.

Why? Because it seems defiant and like they are daring us to lynch them. I usually takes dares. 

Yeah it definitely is defiant. But that's only because the way things works is to run someone up, and then ask for a claim.

Stop asking for claims and expecting them when you're town, it's scummy. If someone has a reason to claim they will and if they don't they wont.

A whole "generation" of mafia newbies have been taught this is how things work unfortunately and it's really bad play on town's part.

If you vote someone most of the time it is because you have some kind of suspicion that they are scum, right?

So when they claim vanilla or cop or doctor or whatever why should that matter to you? If you thought they were scum before that shouldn't have changed with their claim it only means now you should think they're lying. There are some cases where one or two people might not be too sure in their reads and want to leave a claimed cop or doctor alive. I'll grant you that. But if the person was ran up to L-1 you'd think at least 3-5 of the people on that train were sure enough to NOT believe the claim. But no when people get ran up and claim a power role the train disappears. It's even more frustrating when someone claim VANILLA and this happens. Like wtf is town even doing at that point you know? 

I know this hasn't really happened around DM or JN but when I was new to mafia I saw a mafia team manipulate town into running up every player and having them reveal and then backing down again until they'd out every power role in one day. A clever mafia team could make the same thing happen around here because everyone expects claims and then backs down once they get them. Either hold stronger convictions when you vote or stop asking for claims. If you (and I'm not just singling you out here Lily because this applies to 99% of players around here) don't then eventually someone is going to take advantage of it you're gonna feel pretty dumb when you realize you handed them the game on a silver platter.

Anyway that's all I have to say about that.

If you have suspicions enough to lynch me then lynch me.

It doesn't matter what I say. And if you don't then get the hell off my train please.

Yeah it definitely is defiant. But that's only because the way things works is to run someone up, and then ask for a claim.

Stop asking for claims and expecting them when you're town, it's scummy. If someone has a reason to claim they will and if they don't they wont.

A whole "generation" of mafia newbies have been taught this is how things work unfortunately and it's really bad play on town's part.

If you vote someone most of the time it is because you have some kind of suspicion that they are scum, right?

So when they claim vanilla or cop or doctor or whatever why should that matter to you? If you thought they were scum before that shouldn't have changed with their claim it only means now you should think they're lying. There are some cases where one or two people might not be too sure in their reads and want to leave a claimed cop or doctor alive. I'll grant you that. But if the person was ran up to L-1 you'd think at least 3-5 of the people on that train were sure enough to NOT believe the claim. But no when people get ran up and claim a power role the train disappears. It's even more frustrating when someone claim VANILLA and this happens. Like wtf is town even doing at that point you know? 

I know this hasn't really happened around DM or JN but when I was new to mafia I saw a mafia team manipulate town into running up every player and having them reveal and then backing down again until they'd out every power role in one day. A clever mafia team could make the same thing happen around here because everyone expects claims and then backs down once they get them. Either hold stronger convictions when you vote or stop asking for claims. If you (and I'm not just singling you out here Lily because this applies to 99% of players around here) don't then eventually someone is going to take advantage of it you're gonna feel pretty dumb when you realize you handed them the game on a silver platter.

It doesn't matter what I say. And if you don't then get the hell off my train please.

tl;dr

Unvote vote Nolder

F*ck you man.  Make us wait all day and give us nothing.  I don't care if you're the cop.  You die now.

Final thoughts: I dunno. Pac turning out to be confirmed town kind of blew my theories out of the water so I was starting practically from scratch. Obviously not really liking Ishy's play from earlier but I'm still not sure if it's dumbtown or scummy. I still don't trust CTM either even if I can't tie him to a Pac/AVM scum team.

I think going forward it'll be best to analyze votecounts and interactions.

Like the AVM and Lily thing I just pointed out. Seems off right?

I think finding scum the traditional way will work just fine.

Anyway /death

The wind was with the ship, and the HMS Interceptor was catching up to the Black Pearl. Nolder fell asleep on deck again. Everyone was tired of him falling asleep and acting all sorts of shady. They questioned him and his response was, "I ain't telling you sh*t. You can all go **** yourselves." Nolder settled down for another nap, but 80 grabbed him and threw him overboard. Since Nolder couldn't swim, he slowly drowned to death as everyone flipped him off. 

Nolder, Marty the dwarf - vanilla townie, is dead. 

It is now night, get in your actions ASAP. 

Next thing we know, verbals balls will drop

don't get crazy..  the reason he's dead is because he tried to do something manly.  I'm sure after this he'll go back to playing his power roles like a sissy.

I repped both of these posts. To counter Verbal's pettiness. 

You're welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPMmC0UAnj0

The night was long, but everyone enjoyed a bottle of rum in their cabins. Once everyone was up on deck, you noticed a small body. Going over to inspect it, you saw Cotton's parrot's neck was broken. Never again would he say "when do we sail". 

Smash, Cotton's parrot - cop, is dead. 

It is day, with 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch. 

Archived