What's Desean Jackson worth?

Gastineau Lives

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4659/desean-jackson

Philly.com's Jimmy Kempski reports there is an "opinion among some in the Eagles' organization" that DeSean Jackson's personality is "not a great fit" with the team's locker room culture, and the Eagles "could be open to trading him."

This isn't the first whisper of a possible D-Jax trade. Per Kempski, the Eagles are "not going to shop Jackson" because doing so would cost them leverage, but "if another team came calling, the Eagles certainly wouldn't laugh and hang up." Even if the odds remain low that Jackson will be shipped off, they grew when the Eagles re-signed Riley Cooper and Jeremy Maclin. Philly also has an excellent tight end group, and Damaris Johnson, Jeff Maehl, and Arrelious Benn as wideout depth.

Stephen Hill and a third round pick. 

He knows MM's system.  Pairing him with E. Sanders (and Kerley) immediately improves our attackability (my term), and allows us to be completely flexible in the first round of the draft. 

Stephen Hill and a third round pick. 

He knows MM's system.  Pairing him with E. Sanders (and Kerley) immediately improves our attackability (my term), and allows us to be completely flexible in the first round of the draft. 

Agree get it done Idzik.

Decker is worth more than Nicks.  Nicks would probably be better value for this team, but Decker deserves more coin and I'd give him more.  Since when have Kyle Orton and Tebow been considered top tier QBs?  When you take perceived contract out of it, Decker is the top target. Reliable, healthy, prime age, not a dog.  Which of those boxes does Nicks check?

Decker is worth more than Nicks. Nicks would probably be better value for this team, but Decker deserves more coin and I'd give him more. Since when have Kyle Orton and Tebow been considered top tier QBs? When you take perceived contract out of it, Decker is the to target. Reliable, healthy, prime age, not a dog. Which of those boxes does Nicks check?

Decker is to "Gritty" for the Jets.

Decker is worth more than Nicks. Nicks would probably be better value for this team, but Decker deserves more coin and I'd give him more. Since when have Kyle Orton and Tebow been considered top tier QBs? When you take perceived contract out of it, Decker is the top target. Reliable, healthy, prime age, not a dog. Which of those boxes does Nicks check?

I didn't say Orton or Tebow were top talent, I was implying that Decker finally broke out with Peyton Manning like so many other receivers that have work with Peyton have done. Prior to that, he had a similar path as Jeremy Kerley is on. One thing I didn't think about earlier was that Nicks is actually shorter than Decker. I Wang height so I'm probably with you now

I thought this was the place to drool over DeSean Jackson. 

You know, the guy who racked up 1,330 yards and 9 TDs in that high octane offense over there, who knows MM's system inside and out. 

He's two years into a deal that's paying him roughly $10 million per and wants to rip it up and sign a new one. This was after he slept-walked through the entire previous year because he wasn't playing on a new deal. He's basically a midget WR version of Revis: at least Revis could boast that he was the best at his respective position.

we have a sh*tload of money to spend we might as well spend it

Its not all about trying to save money by signing Roberts. I think he can be a legit #2. I dont see any other receivers out their worthy of #1 money nor do I feel they can be a 1. This a deep draft for skill position players. Sign an up and comer like Roberts. Get a good CB and FS in free agency. Then draft offensive playmakers.

Need to sign at least 1-2 free agent WRs at 18 you aren't getting a top tier WR.

I'd like to see the Jets sign a FA WR, too, but this is a draft where teams will be able to find potential top tier WRs in the second and third round.

I'd like to see the Jets sign a FA WR, too, but this is a draft where teams will be able to find potential top tier WRs in the second and third round.

Who are those WRs that can step in and be instant #1 WRs in the NFL something we desperately need.

Archived