get ready for Geno/Vick competition. Shefter

eboozer

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when is that how we started rating vick

he had 673  rushing yards and 9 rushing touchdowns

besides when you look at the 171 more passing attempts for sanchez its no suprise sanchez had 400 more yards

Wait, I just realized how bad Sanchez was. With 171 MORE ATTEMPTS, he had a measely 400 yards more? Wow, that means on those 171 more attempts than Mike Vick, to accumulate a Whooping 400 yards more, Sanchez averaged about 2.4 yards/attempt.

Slates, better try a different approach, this one got BLASTED.

Wait, I just realized how bad Sanchez was. With 171 MORE ATTEMPTS, he had a measely 400 yards more? Wow, that means on those 171 more attempts than Mike Vick, to accumulate a Whooping 400 yards more, Sanchez averaged about 2.4 yards/attempt.

Slates, better try a different approach, this one got BLASTED.

Sanchez sucks, that's the point. Despite that suckiness, Vick has never thrown for more yards or more TDs than Sanchez' best year. Vick gets overrated because of the hype surrounding him when he was the #1 overall pick in the draft, and his singular quality season in Philadelphia. He's not a good QB.

Sanchez sucks, that's the point. Despite that suckiness, Vick has never thrown for more yards or more TDs than Sanchez' best year. Vick gets overrated because of the hype surrounding him when he was the #1 overall pick in the draft, and his singular quality season in Philadelphia. He's not a good QB.

I'll ask again, If he beats out Smith, will you root for him?

i still dont understand how this matters.

vick has never thrown as much as sanchez

I'll ask again, If he beats out Smith, will you root for him?

I don't think he would. That's my biggest problem with him. I think he sucks. If Peyton Manning was the dog killing free agent to year, I'd probably have a softer opinion about dog killers. Michael Vick is no Peyton Manning.

i still dont understand how this matters.

vick has never thrown as much as sanchez

Vick isn't any good. He's a career 56.2% passer. Sanchez is a 55.1% passer. This is the company Michael Vick keeps. He's 100% hype. Hype that only one time, four years ago, that he ever came close to warranting.

I don't think he would. That's my biggest problem with him. I think he sucks. If Peyton Manning was the dog killing free agent to year, I'd probably have a softer opinion about dog killers. Michael Vick is no Peyton Manning.

Vick isn't any good. He's a career 56.2% passer. Sanchez is a 55.1% passer. This is the company Michael Vick keeps. He's 100% hype. Hype that only one time, four years ago, that he ever came close to warranting.

86.5 career rating compared to genos 66 who also has a 55% passer.

Vicks last couple of seasons were trending upward to. I dont see geno beating him in camp unless the coaching staff doesnt give vick a chance and brings him in to just be a backup.

Vicks last couple of seasons were trending upward to. I dont see geno beating him in camp unless the coaching staff doesnt give vick a chance and brings him in to just be a backup.

Ummm. NO, they weren't. In fact, quite the opposite was true. In the last two years, Michael Vick looked like a shot player.

http://www.nfl.com/player/michaelvick/2504531/profile

You're comparing a rookie to a 10+ year veteran. Michael Vick better have a better passer rating than Geno Smith after all this time. 

The problem is, in his last two years, his rating wasn't much higher than the rookie Geno. Geno at least has some potential to improve. Vick is an overrated hack. 

Ummm. NO, they weren't. In fact, quite the opposite was true. In the last two years, Michael Vick looked like a shot player.

http://www.nfl.com/player/michaelvick/2504531/profile

the years he got hurt for most of the season? 8.5 yards a carry too

btw eagles o line is god awful he is not the player for that team

edit: rookie or vet if ur on the field its about who has the best chance of winning

the years he got hurt for most of the season?

HE'S ALWAYS HURT. Yet another reason to not want him. He's only played a full 16-game schedule once in his entire career, and that was eight years ago. 

Look, no one here is saying Geno should be handed the job. I just want a credible competitor who can come in an actually win games for us. Michael Vick ain't that guy. 

HE'S ALWAYS HURT. Yet another reason to not want him. He's only played a full 16-game schedule once in his entire career, and that was eight years ago. 

Look, no one here is saying Geno should be handed the job. I just want a credible competitor who can come in an actually win games for us. Michael Vick ain't that guy. 

he is always hurt lol that is a major problem but again the eagles o line was terrible. They lost like 3 starters on the line before the season even started due to injury when he was starting

schaub then? or we getting bortles like in tomshanes mock

edit: rookie or vet if ur on the field its about who has the best chance of winning

To be fair, he didn't do that line any favors. He holds the ball way too long.

he is always hurt lol that is a major problem but again the eagles o line was terrible. They lost like 3 starters on the line before the season even started due to injury when he was starting

schaub then? or we getting bortles like in tomshanes mock

I'd rather have Shaub than Vick. I'd much rather have Shaub than Vick. 

Shaub could be legit competition to Geno. If Geno beat him out it would be a big confidence booster and give us all reason to get excited about Geno and if he couldn't, Shaub would be a decent bridge to next year's draft. 

Vick has a career 80.9 passer rating, compared to Geno's rookie season 66.5. And Vick is clearly trending down, not up.

Geno isn't a bad runner, even though that wasn't his game in college. He scored more TDs as a rookie running the ball than Vick has in the last three years combined. Vick has also had seven seasons in which he's fumbled the ball 9 or more times, with a high of 16. This is despite the fact that he's only played a full season once in his entire career. Geno wasn't good in that department as a rookie, either, but still "only" fumbled 8 times in 16 games. In 2010, Vick had 11 fumbles in 12 games, in 2011, he had 10 fumbles in 13 games, in 2012, he had 11 fumbles in 12 games, and last year he had 4 fumbles in 7 games - so it's not like this is an area where he's improving, either.

I'm all for a better QB than what the Jets have, I just don't think it's Vick.

Actually, most of this is untrue.  For starters, Vick's career rating is actually 80.9.  Yes, that is still better than the rating from Geno's lone rookie year, but it's interesting to note that Vick's rookie year was even worse.  Also not sure what your point about Geno's completion percentage is given that Vick's 11 year career lands him at a mere 0.4% higher than that.

And most importantly of all, Vick's recent seasons are in absolutely no way trending up.  His entire career has been trending downward ever since 2010, when he had his one quality season as a passer.  The bottom line is that Vick has pretty much always been a crappy passer and now is only getting older, more injury prone, and overall worse in the process.  Consider that none of the points being made were to praise Sanchez or Geno, it's to point out that Vick is pretty much just as awful of a passer.

The Jets certainly need to find themselves a realistic veteran option at QB, you won't see me argue you there at all, but I feel fairly confident that Vick is not it.  In truth, Vick is the embodiment of everything we want Geno not to turn out to be.

We could've used you in the Oscar thread

I don't watch them. I think awards are silly. Although, I'm a hypocrite because:

A) I was in a film that won the Academy Award for Best Short film and I'm proud of it

and

B ) My film won Best Short Film yesterday at a pretty big film festival and when I found out I got all choked up

I'm just glad Gravity didn't win Best Picture. Visually interesting but about as deep as a ...something that's not deep.

say what you want about Mike Vick and his terrible crimes against dogs... he served his time. He paid his debt to society. As a backup/competition to Geno the Jets literally can't do better. When Mike Vick walks in an NFL locker room the other players know who he is and believe in his ability. The fans might hate his guts for obvious reasons but he'd have the respect of the locker room. There's few other backups in this league we can say that about.

Yeah...this pretty much says it.

Shefter is pretty spot on. He loves his job, the NFL and I think he has excellent sources. I don't think he's an attention whore

He has been WAY less accurate since leaving NFL Network. In fact, all of them have. I think teams clamped down on leaks. If the Jets sign Vick I might not watch them. POS that deserves no forgiveness, "debt paid" or not and also one of the least durable and overrated players on the planet.

Yeah...this pretty much says it.

Yeah it pretty much says it all that Atlanta didn't really fight to keep the guy and they wound up with a better QB.   The Eagles didn't really fight to keep the guy as starter and they wound up with a better QB.     Vick walks into a locker room and people think like they did about Pennington.   Fans might not care, but the reality is if your QB never plays a full NFL season and misses games all the time, gets injured all the time and misses the end of games,   it starts to make you think that this guy just isn't reliable.      And he's older now.     

Vick is a guy nobody can depend on.  And he's never been some stud QB.   All this crap about "vick walks into a locker room"  does what for a team?   Mark Sanchez has more playoff wins than Vick.    Vick is far more an ESPN and media guy.  They love him or hate him, but nobody really thinks the guy is some star QB.   People just treat him like that, but his career has proven he's not that good of a QB.  Add to the fact he fumbles often and he never stays healthy, you have a guy who just isn't worth it.  

Archived