Aliens Mafia - Game Over man, game over

Leelou

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that'd be the other way around, Hess signaling people.  I'll go give it a look and see what I can find, I don't think he's had too many posts to make it impossible.

JiF also said the same thing to me (I was voting him) and told anyone not voting him that they were idiots or scum. 

I meant JIF was letting Hess know they "saw" him.

Just remembered....

Hess was the first to vote Crusher but quickly unvoted without saying anything when Crusher got up towards L2.

I can go back and confirm but I've been neglecting work all morning because of this game.  I'll look later.

I'll go back and check for a quick unvote

Could this have been some sort of hint?

Hess calling Pac a dick?  No, everyone already knows that....not a hint.

vote Ape. lot of love from Hess to Ape

Where and when did this happen?

PAC shooting Hess leads me to think PAC isn't scum cause Hess was hounding him. That being said two townie vig claimants seems odd. If I remember correctly PAC was also pushing at 80? Which if is the case I believe him slightly more.

Leap in logic. I would not put it past Pac to shoot Hess because he thought he was saving his own ass. 

We haven't had two vig claims, we've had 80 claim to have 1 bullet (basically) and Pac, I'm not sure if he elaborated on whether or not he has multiple shots. Either way, there's probably a bunch of 1-shots and BPVs spread out. Probably no official full-time vig.

True, but I am not convinced still that Hess wasn't following JiF's wishes to signal him

I may be misunderstanding you, but that's not how a symp would work.  JiF wouldn't have any idea unless they figured out "Oh look Hess is signaling us!"

Hess would be the one signaling JiF, not the other way around.

What was Hess's role in Jaws? Can you paraphrase, I wasn't playing.

Hess was the shark.  Basically he was impossible to lynch and had infinite kills.  There was a game mechanic involving people being bombs and Hess having to eat one of them.  Unfortunately some dumbass revealed he was a bomb without much pressure and almost the rest of the bombs countered...so Hess knew to avoid them.  Totally not awesome at all.  And definitely not me.

Anyways...point being, the comparison to that role would be that the Alien COULD be unlynchable and unkillable via bullets.  It's not worth spending a lot of time on until we have more information, though.  We

K so Hess picked 80 over JiF? Your quote looks weird

Means nothing. Scum mates vote each other all the time.

Go find where I pushed for 80...

Have you guys ever seen Aliens?  I'm not claiming townie vig..  I claim I had 1 shot.  Which I made count.

Good clarification.

Hess did what JiF asked. JiF has been on a massive campaign of what I'm thinking now, is reverse pyschology. Symp aligned with JiF . This is my broken logic for town review

More importantly, JIF brought up conversions FIRST.

Symps, are often 1 player hidden - who can signal to scum - and if they find him/her, they can convert him to their team. 

I meant JIF was letting Hess know they "saw" him.

I got you.  Possible...there was a ton of interaction between the two.

Where and when did this happen?

Leap in logic. I would not put it past Pac to shoot Hess because he thought he was saving his own ass. 

We haven't had two vig claims, we've had 80 claim to have 1 bullet (basically) and Pac, I'm not sure if he elaborated on whether or not he has multiple shots. Either way, there's probably a bunch of 1-shots and BPVs spread out. Probably no official full-time vig.

Bolded 1: That was my first instinct, that Pac screwed up.  Something in the re-read made me think not so much, I don't remember what.  Regardless, this is only possible if JiF was not signaling back to Hess that they saw his signaling.

Bolded 2: Agreed.  Lends me to believe Pac and 80 for the time being.  Entirely possible Pac was scum and screwed up or 3rd party but for the time being, I wouldn't think so.  Once we get through one night phase and see how deaths/potential conversion/whatever goes, we'll probably have a better feel overall.

Like I said within the first 10-15 pages, I think Ape was on a massive misinformation and confusion campaign to mask his scumness. Hess aligned with him pretty early. FOS Ape and JiF

How is it that I'm being blame for a misinformation campaign, but Jack's play is "acceptable"?

You won't know this, but historically Hess has been THE hardest person for me to read. Look at CTM's avatar where it says "at least I'm not a snide little prick", that is what I called Hess the last time he duped me, because I can't read his play.

What was Hess's role in Jaws? Can you paraphrase, I wasn't playing.

He could kill anything he wanted, and I think had only one scenario where he could be killed himself. Low odds. Something like that.

I may be misunderstanding you, but that's not how a symp would work.  JiF wouldn't have any idea unless they figured out "Oh look Hess is signaling us!"

Hess would be the one signaling JiF, not the other way around.

Hess was the shark.  Basically he was impossible to lynch and had infinite kills.  There was a game mechanic involving people being bombs and Hess having to eat one of them.  Unfortunately some dumbass revealed he was a bomb without much pressure and almost the rest of the bombs countered...so Hess knew to avoid them.  Totally not awesome at all.  And definitely not me.

Anyways...point being, the comparison to that role would be that the Alien COULD be unlynchable and unkillable via bullets.  It's not worth spending a lot of time on until we have more information, though.  We

I was the last bomb remaining, and Hess knew it, but he rewarded me for playing half-decent and ate me. It was a pretty epic ending. Hess cracks me up.

How is it that I'm being blame for a misinformation campaign, but Jack's play is "acceptable"?

You won't know this, but historically Hess has been THE hardest person for me to read. Look at CTM's avatar where it says "at least I'm not a snide little prick", that is what I called Hess the last time he duped me, because I can't read his play.

I always wondered where that came from.

Hess was keen to make town believe that Jif  was unlynchable and unkillable. Which is ballsy given the symp connection, but genius if not caught..

unvote

vote Jif

Regardless of Pac shooting Hess... Pac pinged me earlier in the game, when he agreed with my case on Smash "eww you saw the same things I did" and echoed all I had to say about Smash, but never voted him.

I didn't like Pac was smooth-talking me into looking at other people. Pac doesn't usually want to scum hunt collaboratively, especially not with me (because I'd upstage him, LOL).

Hess was keen to make town believe that Jif  was unlynchable and unkillable. Which is ballsy given the symp connection, but genius if not caught..

unvote

vote Jif

This is really what it comes down to. Hess introduced the idea of Shark = Alien = JIF, and JIF introduced the idea of it being a conversion game.

Ok unvote vote JiF

^^^This is the vote Pac was referencing.  To give context: Crush had just gotten put at L-1 because 80 was tired of waiting to hear from him.

yeah so JiF clearly has a dumb death wish.  Not really interested in indulging his sadistic fantasies.

thinking about how a Jester would incorporate into Aliens but not seeing it..

Also think there just might be multiple factions with a possible cult aspect..  Not sure what they're called but remember the little sucker things that look like a pussy with tentacles?  They attach themselves to a host and impregnate them with Alien babies.  That would be super cool if Leelou worked out a game mechanic to make that happen..  Not sure she has the mod chops for that though.

This was actually the first mention of cult or conversions

Is this based on the movie?   If so, its definitely a cult type game.

This was JiF, a few hours later (second to discuss it)

yeah so JiF clearly has a dumb death wish.  Not really interested in indulging his sadistic fantasies.

thinking about how a Jester would incorporate into Aliens but not seeing it..

Also think there just might be multiple factions with a possible cult aspect..  Not sure what they're called but remember the little sucker things that look like a pussy with tentacles?  They attach themselves to a host and impregnate them with Alien babies.  That would be super cool if Leelou worked out a game mechanic to make that happen..  Not sure she has the mod chops for that though.

Actually, Pac introduced the cult / conversion aspect.

Facehuggers

Yup.

I missed this before.

Am I reading this out of context or what? Why is he calling 80 a hugger? As in Facehugger?

Or is that referring to something else? Does 80 give good hugs?

This was Nolder catching Crusher calling 80 the "hugger". 

to JiF next post....

I could kill Pac.

Click on this and go read it.

Is this based on the movie?   If so, its definitely a cult type game.

Well it's cult + mafia then. Lol it's gunna be a sh*tstorm

I think they coorperation can recruit...and guess who they recruited? 

duh

he needs to die

or me

When was he recruited? You jumped on it right off the bat and there was no scene.

This was the rest of the interesting "cult" findings.

I think that'd be the other way around, Hess signaling people.  I'll go give it a look and see what I can find, I don't think he's had too many posts to make it impossible.

Only disadvantage to blowing up 2 scum on D1 is that it's hard to gain much information off of them on who their scummates might be, lol.

Yup.

This was Nolder catching Crusher calling 80 the "hugger".

Click on this and go read it.

If crusher was signaling hugger does that mean the cult possibly has a symp?

And you also called 80 a hugger. Just assumed it was an inside joke.

Archived