Captain Munnerlyn to visit Thursday - and other CB news as it hits

Integrity28

I live in Charlotte watch this guy alot. Stats are better than he is beware of him

I've read his best fit is as a slot corner. 

If our front-7 shapes up the way I'm hoping, we won't need $10+ million per year CBs.

If our front-7 shapes up the way I'm hoping, we won't need $10+ million per year CBs.

Can anyone even name the starting corners from the Giant SB teams?  This hysteria over not getting Revis is asinine.

Get this Captain guy, resign Cro, hope Aaron Berry can ******* stay healthy.  Berry is the forgotten man but could be a solid player for this team.

Can anyone even name the starting corners from the Giant SB teams?  This hysteria over not getting Revis is asinine.

Get this Captain guy, resign Cro, hope Aaron Berry can ******* stay healthy.  Berry is the forgotten man but could be a solid player for this team.

You are preaching to the choir bro. 

Not sure if Berry is on the roster or not right now, to be honest.

You are preaching to the choir bro. 

Not sure if Berry is on the roster or not right now, to be honest.

He is..  I remember reading something a couple weeks ago about him being ready to make some noise..  hopefully it's not a cry of pain from another injury.

and don't call me bro.

In truth, as much as Jets fans irrationally hate the guy, the team could probably get by with Wilson at #2 and Munnerlyn at nickel.  That's, of course, assuming we get the December Milliner next season.

Jets | Captain Munnerlyn to visit

Wed, 12 Mar 2014 17:55:05 -0700

Free-agent CB Captain Munnerlyn (Panthers) has a visit lined with the New York Jets after his visit with the Minnesota Vikings Wednesday, March 12.

- See more at: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#sthash.oMNM00I2.dpuf

Damn this guy is 5'7. He is a munchkin. I am taller - I'm 5'7 3/4. Trust me that 3/4 of an inch goes a long way.  Who is this guy going to cover?   

This is exactly what I'm saying. Rex has our whole fan base tricked into thinking that super bowls are won through corner backs.

We already have 2 1st round picks invested there, let's go Milliner, Wilson, and Walls/ Lankster. Get a good safety, TE, G, and WR.

He is..  I remember reading something a couple weeks ago about him being ready to make some noise..  hopefully it's not a cry of pain from another injury.

and don't call me bro.

I'm sorry, esse

In truth, as much as Jets fans irrationally hate the guy, the team could probably get by with Wilson at #2 and Munnerlyn at nickel.  That's, of course, assuming we get the December Milliner next season.

Hell no! Wilson is pathetic. He would instantly be the worst cb in football.  He's done a decent job as a nickel back but to put him on the corner would be disastrous.

Munnerlyn is undervalued. This would be a really good signing.

Munnerlyn and DRC are going to be two value signings now that the dust has settled. Well, of course assuming the latter doesn't decide to retire.  Another name to keep an eye on will be Brandon Browner, who could certainly be a buy low candidate that could pay dividends after his suspension is up.

I have always liked Munnerlyn, but I do not think he is near the top tier CBs.  Well below what Cro did in 2012.  They'd better not give him Snell's number either.  I have not seen word one about Berry signing with the Jets.  I'm not sure where all the Berry love comes from. He got some starts for Detroit and played some here.  We read nice things about him in camp but never saw him.  He is coming off a significant injury and Johnny Patrick has more career starts and a better chance to be on roster.  Berry *might* be okay, but count on him?  No ******* thanks.  

Archived