Jets showing interest in Jacoby Ford

F.Chowds

The second wave of free agency is apparently underway for wide receivers, with some of the lesser-regarded targets starting to move around.

And with a clear need for more help other thanEric Decker, it’s no surprise the Jets are still looking.

According to Brian Costello of theNew York Post, the Jets have shown interest in Raiders wideout Jacoby Ford.

Ford has familiarity with Jets receivers coach Sanjay Lal from Oakland, and has the kind of game-breaking speed the Jets could certainly use in the k

He hasn’t drawn much of a market so far, and the Raiders clearly have no interest in him after he was a healthy scratch the final two weeks of the season.

I think he'd be a good pick up.  They need a returner.  I always thought he would have had a better career than he's had.  He is extremely fast and has a lot of potential at only 26.  He'd  be cheap and worth a try IMO.

I would be fine with him and nelson as our third and fourth receivers and kerley in the slot. Still would need a starter opposite Decker.

We need all scrubs we can gather on offense. Can we ask David Clowney to please come back.

Ford is not coming here to be our #3 or #4, but he may very well have to fill that role once Hill get benched.

Breaking bottles over strippers heads and all...

Wasn't that Jacoby Jones, the dude from baltimore?

Edit: It was Jones, not Ford.  Unless Ford did it too and I just didn't see it, which really wouldn't surprise me at all. Haha the stripper's name was Sweat Pea and she actually smashed the Ace of Spades bottle over his head. You really can't make that stuff up.

Jacoby Ford would be great if you were starting a freeze tag team, but in a league where half the kicks are touchbacks, I don't see why you would want him on our roster.

As a special teamer. Jets ST got a boost when we picked up Cribbs. Ford may be able to do the same. Got tired of seeing our KRs falling at the 20 yard line everytime with no burst.

It was Jacoby Jones and he didn't break a bottle over a stripper's head. She broke it over his. 

Yea, I just edited my previous post as you were typing this. Looked up the story, that's just good entertainment right there. Regardless, I think Ford is the exact type of guy you bring in: still young, lots of speed, actual game-day experience, minimum-salary flier...  Let guys like him, Salas, Gates and Hakiim fight for the last couple of spots.  

Jacoby Ford would be great if you were starting a freeze tag team, but in a league where half the kicks are touchbacks, I don't see why you would want him on our roster.

This team used roster spots on Hakim and Cribbs.  I assume that Mornhinweg thinks he can do something with this type of player.

This team used roster spots on Hakim and Cribbs.  I assume that Mornhinweg thinks he can do something with this type of player.

Ford definitely showed some promise as a rookie, but it went all down hill from there.  Have to guess someone with the Jets, be that MM, Idzik or whoever else, thinks the Raiders are to blame for that and that there's something there.

The guy has done nothing during four years in the league, so he is going to miraculously transform into a productive player?  And what happened to 2012?  Was he out of the country on a mission?  

Foot surgery I believe.

Yea, I just edited my previous post as you were typing this. Looked up the story, that's just good entertainment right there. Regardless, I think Ford is the exact type of guy you bring in: still young, lots of speed, actual game-day experience, minimum-salary flier...  Let guys like him, Salas, Gates and Hakiim fight for the last couple of spots.  

Swee'Pea!!!

He's fast. 

Track and field honors:

• NCAA Qualifier, 60m (2007, 2009)
  • NCAA Qualifier, 100m (2008–09) & 4×100m (2009)
  • NCAA Champion, 60m (2009)
  • USTFCCCA All-American, 100m (2008-09)
  • USTFCCCA All-American, 60m (2007, 2009)
  • USTFCCCA All-American, 4×100m (2009)
  • ACC Champion, 60m (2007, 2009)
  • ACC Champion, 100m (2009)
  • NCAA East Region Champion, 100m & 4×100m (2009)
  • All-East Region, 100m (2007-09)
  • All-ACC, 100m (2008-09)
  • All-ACC, Indoor 200m (2007), Outdoor 200m (2009)
  • NCAA East Region Qualifier, 100m & 4×100m (2007–09)
  • NCAA East Region Qualifier, 200m (2007, 2009)
  • Southeast Region Indoor Track Athlete-of-the-Year (2007, 2009)
  • ACC Indoor Freshman-of-the-Year (2007)

So is Usane Bolt.

Remind me, was Usain Bolt ever listed as the 17th prep school player in the nation coming out of high school? Did he have over 1000 all purpose yards his senior year, which includes 700+ receiving yards and 4 tds in the ACC?  The guy is not the possession-burner that you so desire, but he's pretty much the ideal candidate for a minimum-salaryflier. Especially considering how poor we've been on PR lately.

Assuming he is pretty cheap, I like it. He's the kind of guy they have to be able to cut even this year, but worthwhile and plenty of upside, especially with MM.

Ford definitely showed some promise as a rookie, but it went all down hill from there.  Have to guess someone with the Jets, be that MM, Idzik or whoever else, thinks the Raiders are to blame for that and that there's something there.

Yeah.  I assume he is a hard worker and decent guy since Lal had him in Oakland his rookie year when he actually produced a bit.  The problem with that theory is that is what everybody said about Schillens who did nothing here.  Plenty of that should be blamed on Sparano, but the Lal connection is far from money in the bank.

Bring in cuttable competition for every person whose name doesn't end in gold or son.

I dunno man, I'm not sure if that sends the right message. If you expect the players to earn their jobs, surely you have to expect the accountants and agents in the front office to do so as well.

Wasn't that Jacoby Jones, the dude from baltimore?

Edit: It was Jones, not Ford.  Unless Ford did it too and I just didn't see it, which really wouldn't surprise me at all. Haha the stripper's name was Sweat Pea and she actually smashed the Ace of Spades bottle over his head. You really can't make that stuff up.

Yes, it was Jones...didnt read the title.  Saw Jacoby, figured it was Jones.

Ford is interesting...kid was coming on for a little while there in Oakland before the injuries.

Archived