Ridiculous whining about Sanchez

stoicsentry

Two things:

1. The idea that Mark Sanchez was "owed" a starting role last season is just crazy. Michael Kay on the air right now saying that putting Sanchez in game 3 of the pre-season was, ""one of the worst thing that's ever been done to a starting QB." What had Mark Sanchez done to deserve to sit out week 3 of the pre-season? All of the sudden Mark Sanchez deserves to be protected from playing in the 3rd preseason game as if he's Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? Heck, even those 2 play in the 3rd game. WTF is with all the complaining about this? Tough luck. If he wasn't a trainwreck during all these regular seasons, maybe you would have a point.

2. The idea that the Jets did Sanchez a disservice by hanging on to him for week 1 of the free agency period. First, some of the people that complain about this  are the same ones that preached patience because we were "only" one week into the free agency period and there were "plenty" of players left out there. The Jets drafted Sanchez 5th overall. They paid him a contract that FAR exceeded his actual value on the field. THE JETS OWED SANCHEZ NOTHING. Sure, he's handled himself with some class in his time here, that doesn't mean the Jets owe him any favors when he basically set back the organization 3 years.

Kay's a tool and **** Sanchez, but he's right. Rex had no business putting him in at that point of a preseason game. Putting your starter in behind the 2nd and 3rd tier guys competing for jobs that late in a preseason game, it's just not something that's done often, and I can't recall too many other instances of seeing that. I'm not saying Sanchez deserved better, but a head coach is paid to know better, and even though he caught plenty of flack for it at the time, he's gotten way too much of a pass for it in the long term. Out of every bad decision Rex has made, and going on 6 seasons there have been plenty, that was definitely one of the worst.

is whining about whining a double negative which in fact makes a positive?

No, it means we two types of posters on the board. Those that whine about the Jets, and those that whine about whiners.

Kay's a tool and **** Sanchez, but he's right. Rex had no business putting him in at that point of a preseason game. Putting your starter in behind the 2nd and 3rd tier guys competing for jobs that late in a preseason game, it's just not something that's done often, and I can't recall too many other instances of seeing that. I'm not saying Sanchez deserved better, but a head coach is paid to know better, and even though he caught plenty of flack for it at the time, he's gotten way too much of a pass for it in the long term. Out of every bad decision Rex has made, and going on 6 seasons there have been plenty, that was definitely one of the worst.

Yo, it was the Snoopy Bowl

Its Mark Sanchez we're talking about here.  Mark Sanchez.

Their point was that our clueless HC and FO had him in that game late and playing behind our 3rd and 4th string OL.  

What do you expect them to do?  The Snoopy Bowl was on the line.  Can't wait to see Vick in this year's game -- that stupid dog better watch his ass.

Archived