Movie Madness Mafia - Good vs Evil

Pac

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My thoughts after reading back knowing Jack was town and Leelou was scum.

• Wwwombat is an idiot. He all but guaranteed that Leelou was town several pages back. The question now is what kind of idiot is he, the townie idiot who was completely duped by scum, or the scum idiot who went out on a limb to protect the god father. I'm going to go with the former for now as the cop was dead and Leelou had no great power
  • Nyn pulling a disappearing act just when pressure hits is pinging, I see she posted that she's been ill and willing to give her the benefit of the doubt for now, but she's made my top 3
  • As Nolder pointed out Hess bouncing between 80 and leelou is awfully coincidental
  • Dan having JVOR's back is only interesting because if memory serves I believe she said he reads her real well as scum. Could be looking to stay on his good side
  • AVM as the convert is obvious, this is gaming the mod, but I wonder if doc would protect against conversion? FOS all those mentioning anyone buy AVM, there were a few

Wanting to vote Jvor, Hess and Nyn at moment.This is a conversion game though, with 2 scum dead. Rereads are going to prove less and less useful. Lets narrow down the pool a bit but taking out the most scummy

Im going with Idiot

Unvote CTM

Vote Wwombat

Sorry but she did no scum hunting at all. None.

And he didn't say she did.

He said she did a great job faking it.

So she turns up scum after Jack and I kill her 95 times and your sticking up for her posts when she herself would probably admit to not doing much in the way of scumhunting at all.

Not sure that I trust your motivations tbh but regardless you're putting words in her mouth.

I think maybe we should wait until after the game is over to hear Leelou's commentary on her play from her.

Then you come in here and accuse me of not scum hunting ? Really ?

Yes.

What have you done other than poison Leelou?

What I said is legit, Hes. I don't lie about RL stuff as tactic in a mafia game. Not my style. I'm all caught up now.

So I decided to case a couple of people that drew my attention.

I’ll start with Crusher.

He shows up, joke votes Verb. Makes some jokes, some minor banter with CTM. Makes fun of JiF. Ewws 80. Bla bla bla. Says he’d like some wombat and manages to keep a straight face. Votes Jack with no explanation. Goes back to screwing around with CTM. And then with Lily. And then with Wombat. And then with BeeGee. Then he compliments the shot on 80 and goes back to bla bla land. Banters with CTM again. Chit chats with me.

Three days into the game is the first time he actually has any game related comment. He says that both Jack and AVM looks like crap and places his vote on Jack. But he does say (if I understood correctly) that if AVM gets to L-1 he’ll unvote and hammer him. At this point we know that Jack was a townie and AVM claimed doc… doesn’t make him look particularly good.

Less than 24 hours later he changes his stance when questioned about why he finds Jack to be fishy.

From the start of the game his vote on JiF was at a time when it looked like he was trying for an easy day 1 lynch.  jiF has been getting policy lynched day 1 like crazy.  Just looked like he was looking for an easy out.  Then new Bleedins goofy play on his reveal.  I had a chance to read more of the game and agree Jack does not look that bad.  Tuff for me to do much here on weekends.

Sounds a bit like he was trying to save JiF from yet another day 1 lynch. I wonder why. He then mentions in passing to Nolder that he once had the power he does in a different game. Nolder links him to info about it and he notes that it’s a cool role.

This is it in the sense of game participation. I really don’t like Crusher’s play. He’s around enough to seem present but he contributed close to nothing to the game itself. The little he did have to say was completely off.  Players that are too vocal or too quiet get noticed. His rate of posting is perfect to go unnoticed.

And he didn't say she did.

He said she did a great job faking it.

Not sure that I trust your motivations tbh but regardless you're putting words in her mouth.

I think maybe we should wait until after the game is over to hear Leelou's commentary on her play from her.

Yes.

What have you done other than poison Leelou?

holy crap

Wombat's casing.

Makes some opening chit chat with a lot of the players. Then he places a vote on Nolder claiming his banter is forced casual. He FOSes BeeGee for voting Ape over being on the boards but not posting. More bla bla. Questions Leelou who she’s voting for, right after she posted asking who we’re voting for. He labels her question scummy (added to Lily who also commented the same earlier). He also ridiculously admits that he might want to be like Nolder. Jeez.  BeeGee jumps in and calls Lily and Wombat a tagteam for reacting the same to what Leelou said. Wombat thinks he’s trying to deflect multiple suspicion. Leelou rolls her eyes at Wombat's comments and he asks her if she’ll be doing that when we string her up. At this point he seems rather set on her being iffy.

Onward. He unvotes and votes for BeeGee. Gets all affectionate with CTM and Nolder. Bla bla. Makes a one liner saying JiF is confirmed town. No explanation as to how he figured that. Bla bla. Then he makes the following post:

So is Ape really trying to FoS people who don't want to play scrabble with him?  LOL.

I kinda ignored the Jack/Fake BG thing cuz it was derp city.  Would be nice if Pac confirmed that Axel = BG314 though.

I don't like AVM's WIFOM defense, but he does have a bit of a point.  Still, maybe you shouldn't immediately unvote people when they claim vanilla.  Bad look.  Hard to read Hess or AVM because of that.  Leelou is looking townish.  Jack is Jack imo.

Hope that made sense.  Time to pass out or something.

Now Leelou seems townish to him? I wonder what made her seem that scummy when not a day ago he was talking about stringing her up.

He then goes on to vote AVM despite the above contemplation, where he seemed unsure about him. Then he unvotes and votes me, over a bad defense followed by an arbitrary and under explained reads (his words, not mine lol). This is followed by his reads: Jack and Nolder likely town, Lily and Verbal playing like they always do so no read. CTM playing like he always does and yet seeming scummy (???). He then says that Leelou is towntelling pretty hard and that the fact that I was undecided about her reflected badly on me. Right :tongue:

We keep arguing back and forth. I say his list and mine are similar to which he answers:

False.  I currently have town reads on Leelou, Nolder, and Jack.  I explained all of those reads except for Leelou, but that one shouldn't really need explanation.

Too bad. Cause I would have loved to hear the explanation that according to him isn’t really needed.  Anyways, he says that if I issue a scum read he might unvote me, but no promises! Lol

Then there’s a whole exchange between Jack and Wombat where he basically says that he thinks Nolder is lazy, that it is interesting that a lot of the people who were eager to vote AVM aren't so eager to vote Hes, he disagrees with some of Jack’s theorizing on what roles scum might have. He says he has no read on Ape and that he would like to know why Hess voted AVM.

More bla bla. Leelou meets her maker. Wombat thinks we got great info kill.  He notes that Leelou was 3rd on Smash and that he likes his vote on me. He doesn’t seem that phased that in the end his strong town read on her was completely off. Bla bla chit chat with Ape and AVM. Then he confronts Smash and tells him Leelou's posts were twenty million times better than his and that she was doing a great job fake scumhunting. And he urges people that aren’t active to post more.

In a nutshell....He votes Nolder. He votes BeeGee. Then later on one ends up in his likely town list and the other flips town. He announces JiF is town for no apparent reason. He calls Lee scummy at one point and an obvious townie the next. Right now the thing that sticks out to me the most is his change of hearts about Lee. It would be nice if he could expand on why suddenly Leelou seemed so hardcore townie to him.

On my reread, which I thought would help case Verb as scum better....isn't really helping case Verb as scum better....but It's helping clear up some townies a little better. imo.  However it's not helping who's werewolf, which I don't know where to start w that. 

unvote vote verb

I could vote Halia too. 

Did you miss where I had him as one of my two main scum picks?

@Hallia:  I think we missed the part where you gave a real reason for me as scum....

@Hess:  Hallia thinks I'm scum above - you voted me - why are you also saying you could vote her.  Think she's bussing me, then?

(The agreeing with Verb was more of a breadcrumb to myself. I was making note of him expressing townie thoughts, which I'd want to re-reference if his tone changes. There's a lot of DM in this game, he'd be an early convert for them if they are the cult leader.)

Not a fan of this WIFOM.

On my reread, which I thought would help case Verb as scum better....isn't really helping case Verb as scum better....but It's helping clear up some townies a little better. imo.  However it's not helping who's werewolf, which I don't know where to start w that. 

Backing off me because a few others think I'm town and you'll get no traction.

Unvote

Vote: Hess

Smash puts one vote on Leelou and JVOR starts off his first post in a while with this. 

Leelou is pretty much the only thing keeping this game from being a snoozefest, so I don't find her nearly the scummiest thing going on here. Ape's busy, but he really legitmately hasn't done much here either except contribute a scramble and then question people who wouldn't attempt to possibly give him a power, when it really could be any alignment that can ask for a power.

I really don't know why CTM thinks my post was suddenly scummy. I still stand by the logic that the sequence of events was that scum was being run up day one, 80 reveals, Hess and AVM take their vote off for some reason, then someone shot 80 who was scum. Clearly wasn't scum who shot 80 unless they're running the deepest game ever. Maybe Hess and AVM are both town who look really bad by the end result, but it's not like that was an organic lynch that came to an end with reaching the correct vote count. It appears to me like it was an attempted derailment of a correct lynch that got caught in the middle by an unaccounted for shot. 

Two game-related questions that don't make sense to me is why did day one end with Nolder's shot (or maybe a second power made the day end but their wasn't an announcement). The second is what function does the werewolf serve. I assume for flavor reasons it is probably impotent at day? BG was killed by a harpoon, which again could be flavor, but that doesn't sound like a werewolf. And if it's a lone wolf sk type deal there was only one death so far at night. The second question we just have to wait and see but the first one is just bizarre. 

Backing off me because a few others think I'm town and you'll get no traction.

Unvote

Vote: Hess

Huh? I reread your first statement thrice and no clue. I just thought I'd have more on my reread. You're declaration of Smash as town was the scummiest post of the game. I skimmed the first time but remembered a lot of interaction with you and Leelou, she declared you 100% town at one point. Which as GF and given she is rarely lynched, makes you look really bad. Still trying to find the post. 

@Hallia:  I think we missed the part where you gave a real reason for me as scum....

@Hess:  Hallia thinks I'm scum above - you voted me - why are you also saying you could vote her.  Think she's bussing me, then?

Not a fan of this WIFOM.

Huge Scum Tell: Bc player A is voting player B and you think player A is scum = Player B must be town

That association is only ever made by scum who already know who's who. 

Huge Scum Tell: Bc player A is voting player B and you think player A is scum = Player B must be town

That association is only ever made by scum who already know who's who. 

You even bolded the question I asked, which was the reason for calling that out.  You can't just call something a scumtell because it suits your agenda.  Actually, it is the opposite of a tell - it is a piece of information that is relevant.

Huh? I reread your first statement thrice and no clue. I just thought I'd have more on my reread. You're declaration of Smash as town was the scummiest post of the game. I skimmed the first time but remembered a lot of interaction with you and Leelou, she declared you 100% town at one point. Which as GF and given she is rarely lynched, makes you look really bad. Still trying to find the post. 

Leelou saying I'm 100% town is easy - she knows I read her well, but not until later in the game.  She had plenty of time to mess around with that knowledge and throw me off.  I would have likely been NKed before I got closer.....especially with 80 on the team, lol.

And what I said about Smash and his meta is the most obvious post of the game - but you get on with your bad self.

You even bolded the question I asked, which was the reason for calling that out.  You can't just call something a scumtell because it suits your agenda.  Actually, it is the opposite of a tell - it is a piece of information that is relevant.

I have no agenda. On page 24.  So far you and JVOR are top two. 

The bad theory could've led to the rabid dog (most likely a vig) outing himself.. which could lead to a conversion, which depending on the mod could leave a Cult vig out there...

Plus you said you were skimming, I thought you missed and didn't want to pass up the opportunity to insult you

That would have been stupid of that person, not me. I expect better play from this group.

Official Vote Count:

Nyn (3) - AVM, Wombat, JVoY

JVoY (3) - CTM, JiF, Ape

Smash (1) - Nolder

Hallia (1) - Lily

CTM (1) - Smash

Verb (2) - Hallia, Hess

Crusher (1) - Dan

Hess (1) - Verb

With 16 alive, it takes 9 votes to send to the afterlife.

1) Crusher

2) Leelou  (Pinhead) Scum GF -- blown up by JackD after already having been infected Day 2

3) Verb

4) AVM

5) Jack D  (Martin Riggs) Town Suicide Bomber -- blew himself and leelou up Day 2

6) Lily

7) Bee Gee  (Axel Foley) Cop -- Nk'd N1

8) JetFan80 (Jason Voorhees) Scum w/ Vest -- knocked the f-ck out Day 1

9) CTM

10) Ape

11) Hess

12) JiF

13) Nolder

14) Smash

15) Song

16) Dan

17) JVoY

18) Nynaeve

19) Hallia

20) Wwwombat

I'll update Page 1 going forward...

Tied for top 2: Verb & JVOR

Tied just behind them: Halia & Crusher

Best guess for Wolf: CTM for selective play and early PR like play. 

Official Vote Count:

JVoY (3) - CTM, JiF, Ape

Smash (1) - Nolder

Hallia (1) - Lily

CTM (1) - Smash

Verb (2) - Hallia, Hess

Crusher (1) - Dan

Hess (1) - Verb

I voted Hess a page or two ago.

the one thing that keeps ******* with me especially since Leelou flipped 80 was walking on sunshine early making fun of JiF for not liking all the women in the game. It's been playing on my mind Pac stuck him with all females. I'm not gonna let is dictate my actions but LOL if that's how it turns out. 

I wonder if CTM is going to slobber all over this terrible theory, like he does mine?

Official Vote Count:

JVoY (3) - CTM, JiF, Ape

Smash (1) - Nolder

Hallia (1) - Lily

CTM (1) - Smash

Verb (2) - Hallia, Hess

Crusher (1) - Dan

Hess (1) - Verb

The reluctance for the Nyn and JVoy trains to advance any further has me feeling pretty good about them actually. I'm staying put.

Leelou saying I'm 100% town is easy - she knows I read her well, but not until later in the game.  She had plenty of time to mess around with that knowledge and throw me off.  I would have likely been NKed before I got closer.....especially with 80 on the team, lol.

And what I said about Smash and his meta is the most obvious post of the game - but you get on with your bad self.

Correct. Why bring up something so obvious? The ping that started it all fwiw. 

I need a replacement and it can't be one of the dead people as they know everything...

Hey Ape is this Ace character someone who could catch up, blend in, and get our style?

Yes. The game we were playing was 500+ pages and 6,000+ posts. I'm sure he can handle 34 pages.

From a personality and thinking/gameplay standpoint, he was the most JN ready out of the collection of herp a derps in that champs tourney. Bring him in... I think he'll like playing here. He had quit playing on his previous site because of herp derp... I think we take for granted how well the play is here sometimes. :)

Yes. The game we were playing was 500+ pages and 6,000+ posts. I'm sure he can handle 34 pages.

From a personality and thinking/gameplay standpoint, he was the most JN ready out of the collection of herp a derps in that champs tourney. Bring him in... I think he'll like playing here. He had quit playing on his previous site because of herp derp... I think we take for granted how well the play is here sometimes. :)

He's in...  Chase him down and tell him to get his quirky a-- in here.  I'll send him a PM.

Crusher is out for real life obligations.  He wanted to continue playing but has stuff going on - has nothing to do with game or anyone here.

The game we were playing was 500+ pages and 6,000+ posts.

Are you serious?

I hope you have like 100+ people playing because otherwise that's just disgusting.

They can't find and lynch scum in 6k posts?

He's in...  Chase him down and tell him to get his quirky a-- in here.  I'll send him a PM.

Crusher is out for real life obligations.  He wanted to continue playing but has stuff going on - has nothing to do with game or anyone here.

I figured that - wasn't really any sign of town or scum tells, just a distracted DCL

Archived