WoW! OBJ Highlites are impressive. Fills 2 needs

eboozer

Who creates more separation, Stephen Hill or Jeremy Kerley?

Not sure I understand what you're getting at? Is it OBJ is like Hill or Kerley?

Kerley would get quicker separation off the line... I think Hill gets separation, it's just 4-5 strides into his route.

Is this what you're looking for?

There's something strangely satisfying watching a highlight reel made up almost exclusively of hands-catching.

Agreed. That was one of the things that jumped out at me, too. I'd prefer Evans but doubt he's there. OBJ is one of the guys I could see at 18 along with Lee.

Brandin Cooks is 20

Odell Beckham is 21

Kelvin Benjamin is 23

He's an old prospect and that means he will probably be there at 49. no need to take him at 18. 

Plus, Benjamin has way less college experience than either one of them which translates to him being much more raw coming out of college.  I would stay away from Benjamin unless he fell to us later in the draft. 

My major issue with Odell Beckham is that he was the second option on his own college team to a guy who will be lucky to go in the second round.  How do you justify a number 18 pick on that?

Why then do the all of the 4 latest mocks have OBJ as the 3rd receiver off the board? That's CBS, Walter FB, SI and NFL network.

Listen, I'm happy with Lee or OBJ, and I think Landry will be a good player. Just happened to see this highlight video, and liked what I saw as a WR and as a KR

Don't care, Evans, Lee, Cooks, Beckham Jr....I like them all better than any CB at 18.

Getting Evans at 18 would be the dream scenario. He can be a huge difference maker over his career.

Lee can be a good #2 WR in the NFL over his career if he can stay healthy and can contribute big in the first season. But the JETS could trade down in the 1st round if he available. I don't think he would the BPA at #18.

Cooks, i haven't looked into. So no opinion so far.

Picking Beckham Jr at #18 would be waste of a pick. He does not deserve a 1st round grade at all. I would be weary of picking him in the 2nd round as well. Just my opinion.

Benjamin might be there at 49. Cooks is going to be there in the third round.

Third round? Little hyperoble?

Also, in my mind the Landry-Beckham thing is partially because Landry was a really steady slot wideout. Easier target for a quarterback. But I think playing with each other a bit of a knock on both - they were productive but didn't have to be the center of attention for a defense like the majority of the top wideouts. And both had the benefit of playing with a pretty well regarded pocket passer in Mettenberger. 

My major issue with Odell Beckham is that he was the second option on his own college team to a guy who will be lucky to go in the second round.  How do you justify a number 18 pick on that?

I know I sound like a broken record saying this, as it's been two years, but he's a bigger and more physical Randal Cobb. Cobb is going to be a superstar WR in this league and if it wasn't for his broken leg, he'd already have that break out season on his resume.  Beckham is going to follow suit, but I think will do it quicker than Cobb did at this level, that's how highly I think of him. Landry is a great college receiver and will be a reliable pro, his ceiling just isn't as high, at least from my opinion. 

I know I sound like a broken record saying this, as it's been two years, but he's a bigger and more physical Randal Cobb. Cobb is going to be a superstar WR in this league and if it wasn't for his broken leg, he'd already have that break out season on his resume.  Beckham is going to follow suit, but I think will do it quicker than Cobb did at this level, that's how highly I think of him. Landry is a great college receiver and will be a reliable pro, his ceiling just isn't as high, at least from my opinion. 

This.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YCwKdJUVrno

If we do get DJ, I'd use OBJ on KR/PR and give him 10-15 snaps a game early on then increase them over the season.

If we don't get DJ and OBJ is our #1 WR, I keep him off ST. We can't afford an injury.

This young man goes and gets the ball and has incredible change of direction. Quick out of his route and uses his hands very well. Also seems to have the strength to break tackles. Would be very happy if we got him. Would love to have him AND DJ.

Sorry for starting a new thread, but the old one's are getting stale.

The move he made at the 48 sec mark was sick. Broke that DB down to a fraction then embarrassed his teammates. Dude is good. If the Jets picked him at 18 I would approve. 

I liked Landry better in the games I saw too, but he is apparently a slug.  The one thing I will say for Beckham is that he is getting bracketed a whole bunch and still having success.  I also think there were times he was being covered by Verrett and Purifoy among others.  Those guys will be playing on Sundays too.

Archived