Kenny Brit to the Rams

SayNoToDMC

Kenny Britt joins the Rams on one-year contract

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 31, 2014, 7:28 PM EDT
kenny-britt.jpg?w=250Getty Images

Kenny Britt and Jeff Fisher will reunite in St. Louis.

Britt, the free agent wide receiver who has played his entire five-year career in Tennessee, has agreed to a contract with the Rams, a league source tells PFT. It’s a one-year contract with a $1.4 million base salary, a guarantee of $550,000 and up to $2.9 million with incentives.

Fisher, the Rams’ head coach, was the head coach of the Titans when they selected Britt in the first round of the 2009 NFL draft, and coached Britt for two years. Britt has had his share of off-field problems, but Fisher clearly believes that Britt’s talent outweighs those concerns.

Last season the Titans largely phased Britt out of their offense, and he caught just 11 passes for 96 yards. But Britt had more than 700 receiving yards in both of his seasons playing for Fisher, and the Rams would love to see Britt provide that kind of production again.

Thirty-one other teams didn't want him at that price tag, that should say enough. You don't want that guy anywhere near the greater new jersey area, not even close.

Yeah, but only 1 team is hoarding their money in an unmarked storage unit somewhere in ocean city. John Idzik has taken this team hostage and some of you are suffering from Stockholm Syndrome.

Of all the boring towns that a guy like Britt could have gone to, he hands down chose the worst. 2/1 something happens by season's end.

You follow Rutgers more than anyone, what would you puts the odds on him getting arrested in the first 6 months if he were back in the Bayonne area? 

6 months? 3 weeks tops. Every time that dude gets within sniffing distance of Fourth St the sirens flare up.

One of my buddies was pitching for Rutgers roughly around the same time as Britt and Rice and used to go to parties with all the teams. Besides putting on 20+ lbs of muscle from HS, he said Rice was just rock stupid, but a nice kid who started to get extremely cocky when he realized he'd be drafted. Basically said Britt was crazy talented, actually a nice kid to everyone, but an arrest waiting to happen.  

Similar to Britt being near Jersey, I get the feeling that Desean Jackson might not be making the smartest of decisions if he goes to Oakland. It's one thing to keep that type of company, it's another to be with them 365 days out of the year. With gang bangers and people in that community, if you're around them enough, it's not a matter of if you'll get caught up in something, but when.  

Can't be going around guaranteeing $550,000 to high ceiling players... what do you guys think this is, the 21st century NFL?

This broken record BS is why your threads on the Mets forum get closed.  You are an effin' ass-hat in life, not just sports.  Just f*ck off and die.

This broken record BS is why your threads on the Mets forum get closed. You are an effin' ass-hat in life, not just sports. Just f*ck off and die.

Il monstro said this. I didn't. Hence I can't get banned again for saying it. I'm just quoting this to point out that I did say it.

This broken record BS is why your threads on the Mets forum get closed.  You are an effin' ass-hat in life, not just sports.  Just f*ck off and die.

Mets' forum too? Same thing happened on PSD in the Knicks' forum as well. I preferred him when he was the blatant, glass-is-always-half-full homer, it's hard to stomach the same thing in every single thread you walk into, whether it's positive or negative. I get the frustration, but just sit a few out instead of trying to purposely piss people off.  

Mets' forum too? Same thing happened on PSD in the Knicks' forum as well. I preferred him when he was the blatant, glass-is-always-half-full homer, it's hard to stomach the same thing in every single thread you walk into, whether it's positive or negative. I get the frustration, but just sit a few out instead of trying to purposely piss people off.  

The Opening Day "Fire Spindy" thread was classic ass-wipe stuff on PSD today.  I'll dig the hole for this idiot myself!

The Opening Day "Fire Spindy" thread was classic ass-wipe stuff on PSD today.  I'll dig the hole for this idiot myself!

Damn dude, and here you were saying *I* was the one that was over the top. One thing to direct your venom at an organization that has consistently let you down, quite another to get personal. No need for that. I really haven't gotten into any spats with anyone here let alone you, so I don't know why you would take it to this level just b/c you disagree with my opinion on the organization or my posting style.

Again, I get that you don't care much for my opinion here but I don't understand why you're making this personal. Even if you just wanted to call me an idiot, fine. But that? Come on man; grow up.

Again, I get that you don't care much for my opinion here but I don't understand why you're making this personal. Even if you just wanted to call me an idiot, fine. But that? Come on man; grow up.

Incessant, overbearing, mindless drivel inspires the very worst thoughts.  Yeah, you managed to wear on my last nerve to bring out the worst in me.  So, GFY.

One of my buddies was pitching for Rutgers roughly around the same time as Britt and Rice and used to go to parties with all the teams. Besides putting on 20+ lbs of muscle from HS, he said Rice was just rock stupid, but a nice kid who started to get extremely cocky when he realized he'd be drafted. Basically said Britt was crazy talented, actually a nice kid to everyone, but an arrest waiting to happen.

Similar to Britt being near Jersey, I get the feeling that Desean Jackson might not be making the smartest of decisions if he goes to Oakland. It's one thing to keep that type of company, it's another to be with them 365 days out of the year. With gang bangers and people in that community, if you're around them enough, it's not a matter of if you'll get caught up in something, but when.

Rice was playing with one foot out the door from very early on. Britt has just always been one of those dudes that has very poor judgement in friends and succumbs to peer pressure in a heartbeat. The crew he rolled with in Bayonne were not good people and he's never had enough sense to just stay away, and that goes all the way back to him being a highly graded prospect and choosing to stay in the area.

Archived